EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODev continues (1 Month GO)
Page: << 1 >>
EODev continues (1 Month GO)
Post #204826 EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Jesus I get tired of writing these posts. 

So yeah, started up the old EODevC++ project again, don't hold your breath that it will ever get finished. I am busier than I ever have been at the moment but I found great fun in consuming my spare time working on it lately. Unfortunately due to me not keeping backups and destroying my hard drive I lost my most up-to-date source code, so I had to reprogram a lot of stuff. 

SO how is this going to work? Well I've given myself a month to get this project to a 'playable state', playable as is you should be able to walk around, talk and kill enemies on the game.eoserv.net server. I will not beat around the bush this will be terribly coded as I have not touched a programming project in several years. When I release the source be prepared for epic cringe. BUT it will be playable, and honestly probably better than vults. When the source code becomes somewhat useful to the community I will host a github of it, but be prepared to add a lot of includes from other EO related projects (such as EOMap and EOServ).  

I will add a blog update on this post every few days, so expect around 10 or so total. Hopefully by 10 you should have something playable, maybe sooner. 

Below you will find people who will be getting in-game credits should this shitty client ever surface (not necessarily for helping directly with the game):

• Sausage - (I'm literally using his eomap map rendering code , sockets from ptypes, pub file loading from eoserv, his code is currently about 40% of this project and has made this 'eo in a month' project viable)
  • Sordie    - Studying her Kalandra source here and there when the EOServ source just isn't doing it. Also because like sausage she's given us so damn much (oh and she let me use the soese eo icon). 
  • Apollo - Advice on EO sprite Alignments, legit the shittest thing on the fucking planet. And a key player in the eoserv community that I think deserves some credit. 
  • Original EOStaff - They're more likely to see these credits than those above ;P 
  • My twin brother Nahiko - for pestering me saying I never get a project done. 
  • My sister Snowfoxx - Who keeps also pestering me about this project (BUT YOU HAVEN'T DONE ANY ARTWORK NOW HAVE YOU SIS?!) 
  • Rena - I legit thought her server was the coolest out of all you motherfuckers. Sorry.  
  • EODiscord community - bunch of filthy degenerates but pretty supportive and helpful. (You can find me there, click this to join us)

Client progress to date (5/27/2019)

• Logins
  • Full Map Loading (except of for shadows as I legit only just remembered about them writing this)
  • Full character rendering (except alignments are real shitty, is next on my todo list)
  • User interface backend (a lot of base class elements have been added, just need to tie them all together) 
  • Cursor rendering, can detect objects in the map including players. 

Todo:

• Shadows (hehe)
  • Character alignments (50% done)
  • NPC Rendering and alignments
  • Welcome packet and drawing other players/NPCs on the map - Milestone 1
  • User interface essentials (Chat, Stats, inventory)
  • User interface secondary essentials (message scroll box, friend list, board chat, item purchasing, dropping, vaults etc) - Milestone 2
  • User interface other crap (Spells, WhoIsOnline, Party, Settings)
  • User interface even crappier crap (can't think of them but I'm sure they exist e..e) 

I'll probably be working on a server next, I have ideas to add a random map generation and implement some kind of tower that the server players must climb floors to succeed (Sword art online style), It will probably be permadeath (or at the least you will have a brand next to your name) so don't be too careless ;) 

Kudos if you made it this far. I'm working on this mainly because my shitty family keep bugging me about it, but also because I want to see something good come out of this community again, and I'm so thankful for everything Sausage has given us with EOserv and EOMap. Without him this game would have been dead years ago. There's likely EOclient projects already completed/further on, but this is my thankyou. 

Cheers,

Hotdog

---
Hmm.
4 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204827 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Glad to see you working on your project again man. keep it up ! 

I'm quite excited for your next updates regarding this project.

4 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204828 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Looking good. Also, 8:01pm on your taskbar - That's dedication. XD

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
4 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204829 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Hell yeah man, dont give up on this, get it done xD

---
Hail Satan!
4 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204830 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Yo if you need somebody to do do the alignment of the sprite sheets you got me

---
The good times are killing me.
4 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204831 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Looking promising, keep it up.

4 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #204834 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Well ladies and gents it's time for the first update. Download here to get the latest binary.

Progress report 6/1/2019

• Aligned character textures (took forever.. still not 100% but good enough to focus on other tasks)
  • Added player walking/attacking/spelling/sitting animations
  • Added map and data file requests/downloading from the game server.
  • Added Full login
  • Can now fully log into the game server and see other players walking around/attacking.
  • You can walk around and attack but it does not send the packets to the game server (EDIT: Added full server/client player movements and attacking)
  • Fixed some memory leaks
  • Added Map Cursor, can highlight chairs and hides when moused over walls. 

Todo:

• Shadows (really could have added it for this but meh)
  • Send player walking/attacking/sitting packets to the server. Done.
  • Handle Server Refresh packets/player_leave packets
  • Handle Map_Warp packets
  • User Interface essentials

Here's a token image. From in-game. 

PLEASE NOTE: It's too early for me to start bug-hunting. I am very likely already aware of them. If it's a game-breaking bug though please feel free to inbox me or comment here :) 

Thanks,

Hotdog

Edit: 
Sordie posted: (28th May 2019, 08:33 am)

Looking good. Also, 8:01pm on your taskbar - That's dedication. XD

It's the only time when I can work on it XD 
Zack posted: (29th May 2019, 05:49 am)

Yo if you need somebody to do do the alignment of the sprite sheets you got me

I may require this assistance :p It's a real pain the ass and I'm probably doing it incorrectly. 

Thanks for the support everyone!

EDIT 6?

New version (0.4 , yes I arbitrarily picked it based on how I felt the project was at). You can now change maps and press f3 (temporary hotkey) for player refresh. Next on the agenda is NPCs. This will take some time I think. OR maybe not depending on how easy it is to align those fuckers.

I've also started a blog. More recent developments on EODev can be found there, as well as other stuff I'll share to try and bring some life to the community again :) I'll still be posting updates on EOServ, but it might be a few days behind what you can find on the blog. I did this so that those wanting meaningful updates can go here, whilst those two people (haha) hungry for more content can drop by there. 

Blog can be found at https://ganticsantics.blogspot.com/ and also a link to the new client can be found here.

---
Hmm.
4 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #204835 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Looking good! You're making me remember how much fun I had working on my client. Man.

Also. Your original EODEV was a huge help to me for getting some of the rendering code done. Thanks a ton!

Back to lurking now...

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
4 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #204843 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Hey :) Here's a quick update for you all. 

First and most importantly I have created a github repository and the project source can be found here : https://github.com/GanticsAntics/Endless-Online-Development

Progress update : 10/6/2019

• Added Map shadows
  • Added packet refresh
  • Added NPCs (some alignment issues are present, when they die the just vanish, will add fade-out animations later)
  • Cursor can retrieve player/NPC information
  • Map warping
  • Complete character alignments (some bugs are there I'm sure)
  • User Interface rendering
  • News message displayed upon login 
  • Player chat works (although global/party/guild/sys chats have not been added)
  • You can now talk to other players

MILESTONE ONE HAS BEEN REACHED :D What that means is I've pretty much achieved what I've set out to do in under a month. Perhaps more importantly the community now has access to the source code (as was reported at the start of this post). Obviously I'll continue working on the project, any and all are welcome to do what ever they want with it, it is licensed under GNU. However there may be some difficulties compiling, it isn't exactly intuitive. If you're having difficulties feel free to message me here or on discord. I might write a compiling guide, I suspect those who are good with code can get her working ;P 

Obligatory screenshot:

A quick TODO list sorted somewhat by priority:

• Cleanup bad code
  • Make map rendering multithreaded - maybe. 
  • Add inventories
  • Add paperdoll
  • Add Map items & item drops from NPCs
  • Add Sound effects
  • Add Music
  • Add Player HP/TP/Mana
  • Add Player damage
  • Add Chat bubbles (might be higher priority)
  • Add other chat windows (whispers, global, party, guild etc)
  • Add friends/ignore list
  • Add Stats
  • Add WhoisOnline
  • Add Shops
  • Add Vaults
  • Fix bugs (boo so boring, this is actually a higher priority but bleh)

Binary download (0.6) can be found by clicking this sentence.

Lastly I just want to say thanks everyone for the support! I hope the code is somewhat useful to you all, it should hopefully get your projects off the ground. 

Till the next update!

-Hotdog

---
Hmm.
4 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #204845 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

Great to see you doing more work with this and sharing with everyone, thanks. It looks like you're making good progress. Best of luck to you with the project!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
4 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204846 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

I remember that your shit is the only shit that ever handled the security sessions, without your code i would not have known about them. Good luck man.

4 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204849 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)

ARE THOSE NESTED SWITCHES AND DOUBLE TAB SPACINGS IN THE SOURCE CODE?!

I think you weren't exaggerating.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
4 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204850 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)
Hacker_Alex posted: (18th Jun 2019, 04:25 am)

Do I actually have nested switches in my code? XD Perhaps in the packet handling section.. 

Yeah code is real messy, but relatively simple so just about anyone can follow along (once I actually insert comments on every functions purpose).

I should mention that endless online isn't a terribly difficult game to develop, I think one of the reasons why we don't have a fully functional client yet is that people are either (A. too ashamed of their code to actually feel like they can contribute something, and B. Too meticulous on code format and spend 2 months working on something as simple as a dialogue box <admittedly it's probably a versatile dialogue box, but in the end just a fucking dialogue box> ) 

New binary update alongside git-commit in about 2 days. Currently adding NPC/Player chat bubbles (new binary (0.7) is available on the blog alongside update notes).

https://ganticsantics.blogspot.com/2019/06/eodev-07v-binary.html#more

---
Hmm.
4 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204851 Re: EODev continues (1 Month GO)
hotdog posted: (19th Jun 2019, 12:38 am)

Hacker_Alex posted: (18th Jun 2019, 04:25 am)

Do I actually have nested switches in my code? XD Perhaps in the packet handling section.. 

Yeah code is real messy, but relatively simple so just about anyone can follow along (once I actually insert comments on every functions purpose).

I should mention that endless online isn't a terribly difficult game to develop, I think one of the reasons why we don't have a fully functional client yet is that people are either (A. too ashamed of their code to actually feel like they can contribute something, and B. Too meticulous on code format and spend 2 months working on something as simple as a dialogue box <admittedly it's probably a versatile dialogue box, but in the end just a fucking dialogue box> ) 

New binary update alongside git-commit in about 2 days. Currently adding NPC/Player chat bubbles (new binary (0.7) is available on the blog alongside update notes).

https://ganticsantics.blogspot.com/2019/06/eodev-07v-binary.html#more

Its cool to see you comeback with an opensource client!

I've been working on a  closed source client on and off for about 5 years :D more off than on but its almost done.

my todo list is narrowed down to guilds,boards,book,trade,whisper, a few missing icons and text ,friends&ingnore.credits.

I've kept a log here if you want to see the progress client log

I have not looked at the code yet but I was wondering how are you dealing with the hardcoded crap for instance with spells? I hardcoded everything up to gfx 201, then created a method where spells will be rendered based off  their width and some pub variables.

if(gfx_width <= 128) this->frames = 2;
else if(gfx_width > 128 && gfx_width <= 256) this->frames = 4;
else if(gfx_width > 256 && gfx_width <= 512) this->frames = 6;

else this->frames = 8;

I remember looking through your client, Desmonds NewEO, Sausages DistractionA-B all the EOBot and EOMap sources  like it was treasure lol..good times :D!!

Thanks for your contributions your original client release helped me out a bunch and I am sure this new one will help a bunch more people.

4 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > EODev continues (1 Month GO)