EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Run EOSERV on VPS
Page: << 1 >>
Run EOSERV on VPS
Post #204731 Run EOSERV on VPS

Hello, guys.

I don't really understand anything about VPS, Linux and etc. Anyone that could do that for me or teach me how to do it, im willing to pay $ for the help.

5 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204732 Re: Run EOSERV on VPS

Paying for help for things that are available for free online? Just Google this stuff, there are tons of guides for almost everything you can think of.
`What is a VPS?`
`What is Linux?`..etc

5 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204733 Re: Run EOSERV on VPS
Aki11 posted: (23rd Jan 2019, 06:15 pm)

Paying for help for things that are available for free online? Just Google this stuff, there are tons of guides for almost everything you can think of.
`What is a VPS?`
`What is Linux?`..etc

I already did and i havent got much results on it. I end up going around so much stuff and not getting to where i need that is putting eoserv to run on a VPS host. lol
5 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204734 Re: Run EOSERV on VPS

You won't be able to compile or run EOSERV on a linux host without understanding the basics of linux system administration ( even though Sausage has made it shit easy to compile with cmake ). Your best shot is probably purchasing a windows VPS, they go for 12-30 USD, and setting up the latest binary release on it. Connecting to a windows VPS is easy, just put your VPS I.P in Remote Desktop Connection and click 'Connect'. Use the windows VPS to gain familiarity with EOSERV, while you study up on linux ( then you can eventually purchase a linux vps and compile/run eoserv on it ).

Go download the Ubuntu 18.04 LTS ( most beginners use ubuntu ), burn it to a USB using rufus, and then install it on a spare PC lying around to experiment. Then research things like how to remove/create/write/etc to files using the terminal. Once you're comfortable with doing basic user tasks using the TERMINAL, you can move on to harder things like setting up a database server/running web,file,ssh servers/compiling applications from src ( which is what you'd need to do for EOSERV ).

You could also purchase a linux VPS from places like vutlr/linode/buyvm ( I don't recommend this company ), and connect using their browser lish console or putty ( which is an ssh client ( google ssh ) ). Beware though, most hosting companies don't provide images containing a desktop environment, it's just the terminal until you install a d.e. So just familiarize yourself with using a terminal before you go this route.

5 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204738 Re: Run EOSERV on VPS
Anger posted: (23rd Jan 2019, 06:33 pm)

Aki11 posted: (23rd Jan 2019, 06:15 pm)

`What is a VPS?`
`What is Linux?`..etc

I already did and i havent got much results on it. I end up going around so much stuff and not getting to where i need that is putting eoserv to run on a VPS host. lol

It's extremely simple all you need is an account with a hosting provider, to create an ssh key-pair and then you'll have access to your server's files as if you were opening a folder on your computer. Can I catch you on discord?
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
5 years, 11 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Run EOSERV on VPS