EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Need help with bosses
Page: << 1 >>
Need help with bosses
Post #204725 Need help with bosses

how do I make it to where if the npc is a boss anyone can k/s it. Like in my pub folder I make the npc a boss but when to people are attacking it it tell one of the players its not your fight but its a boss npc

5 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #204726 Re: Need help with bosses

The kill steal prevention mechanic is not implemented in vanilla EOSERV. The flag is listed in editPub.exe as "unused" for combat type NPC's. The value 0 denotes the NPC should be protected, and the value 1 means no kill steal protection such as a boss would have. I am not sure EOSERV vanilla even includes the proper byte in the reply packet that tells the client to display or not display the kill protect message. This should be included in both the melee attack and spell attack packets. Kill protection has been listed in the bug tracker as a missing feature here. Unless there is some movement from Sausage to get to the smaller things to at least fully emulate EO (don't get your hopes up, this feature was listed 6 1/2 years ago) then you may have to rely on public releases of this feature and compile EOSERV yourself.

5 years, 14 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Need help with bosses