// script shows how to initialize and begin the quest

Main
{
    questname     "Change Class "
    version        1
}

state Begin
{
            // begin states only contains npctext or input, so the quest can only
            // be triggered by talking to a NPC

desc        "Talk to Wise Man"
    action        AddNpcChat( 4 , "Hellow stranger" );
    action        AddNpcText( 4 , "Hellow stranger, what can i do for you" );
    action        AddNpcInput( 4 , 2 , "Class menu");

rule         InputNpc( 2 ) goto Class
}

state Class
{
    desc        "Talk to Wise Man"
    action        ShowHint("Class menu opened");

action        AddNpcText( 4 , "Choose Wisely ;) Stranger." );
    action        AddNpcInput( 4 , 1 , "Make me Priest");
    action        AddNpcInput( 4 , 2 , "Make me Magician");
    action        AddNpcInput( 4 , 3 , "Make me Rogue");
    action        AddNpcInput( 4 , 4 , "Make me Archer");
    action        AddNpcInput( 4 , 5 , "Make me Warrior");

rule         InputNpc( 1 ) goto Priest
    rule         InputNpc( 2 ) goto Magician
    rule         InputNpc( 3 ) goto Rogue
    rule         InputNpc( 4 ) goto Archer
    rule         InputNpc( 5 ) goto Warrior
}

state Priest
{
    action        SetClass(2);
    action        Reset();
}

state Magician
{
    action        SetClass(3);
    action        Reset();
}

state Rogue
{
    action        SetClass(4);
    action        Reset();
}

state Archer
{
    action        SetClass(5);
    action        Reset();
}

state Warrior
{
    action        SetClass(6);
    action        Reset();
}

heres my quest im trying to make it to were u pay for the class u want, thx and happy hollidays

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204666 Re: need help with the wise man quest

Your quest looks like Vult's quest with a slight dialog change which tells me you know nothing about writing quests. Here is the newb guide: EO+Guide

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204667 Re: need help with the wise man quest

slightly WRONG Apollo i do know a little about it but you know what NEVER Fuckin mind i dont need shit ill do it myself delete this post

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204668 Re: need help with the wise man quest

What's wrong with it bro? It just doesn't work or?

I have a copy of the quest you can use! It may have slight edits but I'm sure you're more than capable of editing it how you want!

Quests

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204671 Re: need help with the wise man quest

naw im trying to change the quest were it costs 1k to buy my class and make it a 1 time buy

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204672 Re: need help with the wise man quest

I was going to help you initially and post my full quest, until you responded so rudely for no reason, to someone trying to help you.
Hopefully you'll learn something from the way you acted. I mean it was enough to make me not want to help you, which is rare.

Any ways, you can easily make your quest work this way. It took me literally 5 minutes to do.
If you would have looked at the guide Apollo made, or even just other existing quests, you'd be done in no time.

I'm not trying to be mean, but you really need to check your attitude, especially when responding to people helping you.
Sorry for the lecture. Don't h8 me. Happy Holidays.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204674 Re: need help with the wise man quest

yeah i understand thx tho and happy holidays as well.

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204675 Re: need help with the wise man quest

Try this. You can use and modify it how you want. I don't think I messed anything up. =d
https://pastebin.com/fruFYNRd

---
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204676 Re: need help with the wise man quest

thx shayne and sorry apollo for my rude behavior , and yeah i about had it shayne xD had it were the quest as a 1 time quest and it took the gold i had but as a small hiccup i had to fix xD thx

only thing now is it will let me buy the class without the money required

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204677 Re: need help with the wise man quest
Afroman posted: (23rd Dec 2018, 04:55 pm)

thx shayne and sorry apollo for my rude behavior , and yeah i about had it shayne xD had it were the quest as a 1 time quest and it took the gold i had but as a small hiccup i had to fix xD thx

only thing now is it will let me buy the class without the money required

I had only assumed your quest inexperience based on how basic of a request you had made. Dialog, options, and giving/taking items or exp is essentially the most basic form of a quest. You seem like you want to learn and that was the point in posting a tutorial. It is perfectly ok to have little to no experience with quests, but as Shayne said responding as you did will just make people less willing to help you or possibly even ignore your posts entirely. Anyway, use the tutorial. It is the original quest tutorial that everyone used after the quest engine was implemented. Since we have lots of quest writers today, I would say it worked well enough.
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204680 Re: need help with the wise man quest

yeah i understand u was trying to help im sorry the way i responded Apollo ima look over the quest but as of right now i dont know what i need to add to make it stop giving classes to people who dont have the money but i will deffinetly look over your guide ive looked over it once be4 and it helped me to make basically the same quest shayne gave me

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204681 Re: need help with the wise man quest

I know this is off topic but I think it’s important to say: yeah afroman did jump from 0-100 to quick but like you said in the other topic @apollo the way you write posts can sometimes be perceived as blatant insults due to your lack of personality in posts or your “neutral stance” so I think it’d be unfair to suddenly all hate Afroman for his reply.

On a serious note: I do have a php+js EO+ web page I need to upload at some point which might help when creating quests!

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204682 Re: need help with the wise man quest
callum posted: (24th Dec 2018, 12:29 am)

I know this is off topic but I think it’s important to say: yeah afroman did jump from 0-100 to quick but like you said in the other topic @apollo the way you write posts can sometimes be perceived as blatant insults due to your lack of personality in posts or your “neutral stance” so I think it’d be unfair to suddenly all hate Afroman for his reply.

On a serious note: I do have a php+js EO+ web page I need to upload at some point which might help when creating quests!

Telling someone they do not know how to do something is not the same as saying they are a stupid idiot incapable of anything. It is ok to not know things and want to learn how. Do not be afraid to own the fact you do not know how to do something. By the same token, many in this community, self-included, are straight forward and to the point. We do not sugar-coat things with pleasantries to appease the easily offended, nor do we see the point in social justice crusaders making something out of nothing. It is just as silly as taking to twitter to call a certain Dean Martin Christmas song a date-rape song. Anything can be taken out of context if you want it to be.
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204683 Re: need help with the wise man quest

Oops. Not sure how I didn't think to add item checks. xD It should work basically how you want now.
https://pastebin.com/E51fcawU

My turn to go off topic:
I agree with you in some cases Callum, but I have to disagree in this topic. I don't think Apollo acted rudely in this topic, and I think he said it exactly right. It's obvious Afro is new to quest making, because as Apollo pointed out, he was using one of Vults quests, and the quest he requested is pretty basic. The only reason people would hate Afro, is because of the way Afro himself acted. Afro responded to my criticism of his post very well, and I appreciate that fact, which is why I like to help him more. The point is, nothing good comes from hate, and there is no excuse or logic to match hate with more hate. It's only creating more problems.

---
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204685 Re: need help with the wise man quest

yeah thx all and yeah got it working how i wouldve liked i edited and changed a few stuff shayne but thanks and yeah i acted rudely but was out of anger and for that im sorry all of yaw have a good day/night and happy early holidays to you all

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > need help with the wise man quest