EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also
Page: << 1 >>
trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also
Post #204578 trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

im trynna get spooky skull and spell to work please help, also trying to get event scrolls thats on eoclone ,and last im trying to get christmas doll quest thanks everyone.

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204579 Re: trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

You can activate the skull spell by changing the spell graphic ID in EditPub. If I am not mistaken, there was a spell from the original pub files that contained this spell. As far as the Christmas doll quest and event scrolls, I think that is something Sausage has custom written for his server and not contained in any of the original EO data files. That means no one else has it and you should probably create your own quest. Clone is a slight deviation from EO and thus contains some custom work that is not public. You should not try to copycat, but rather build your own.

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204580 Re: trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

i got you apollo thanks bro & the christmas quest i was gonna edit with different stufff i juss aint the best at quest writing juss yet

And how about the skin melter? object how i make it where u can change skins with a object?

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204581 Re: trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

I am not sure which of the usable items a skin melter would use, probably a potion hack. You could hack it in the source code where the potion is used and create a conditional branch for those specific skins. An alternative is using quest 0 as an event handler, but I strongly caution against using quest 0 unless you really know what you are doing. You could use a quest to sell you a race setting item and use it to activate a second event handler quest that solely would handle the function of setting a race when an item is used. Event handler quests probably should be numbered outside of the scope of numbered quests, let's say 00500.eqf or 00500.txt depending on your source version. The event handler would simply have a rule UsedItem(ID, amount) goto Race for each race type in the Begin state, and in each Race state action SetRace(race ID); and rule Always() goto Begin. You should also add he hidden tag under Main so this event handle doesn't actually list in your quest box. If you have any problems, copy your quest to pastebin and post a link to it here. You can do quite a bit of in game manipulation with the quest scripts, although a proper event scripting engine would be much better.

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204582 Re: trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

tyvm much apollo u was very helpful.

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204585 Re: trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

In item.cpp add a line like this:

If(item.id== ID)

Character->race =5;

I’ll write this up properly when I’m home!

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204587 Re: trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

Or just search it. Here it is from 8 years ago: https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/10388

Little has changed.

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204610 Re: trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also

thanks yaw

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > trying to get spooky skull to work please help, also