EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!
Page: << 1 2 >>
Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!
Post #204502 Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!

As promised, I've updated the thread with a link to download the project. Continued development will be made, if I do get stars. Because as of now, I do think it is a dead project.

-EDIT

Here is the GitHub. The easiest way to get everything up and running is to use Herokuapp. As for setup, configure the config.php file. Search for the term "DOMAIN" in all folders. Their should be 2 instances. One for server and one for the crossdomain.xml file. 

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204506 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO

Hi there.

It would be nice of you to release it if you have no further plans with it. You've payed for it, so it's up to you what you do with it, but I am sure a few people here including myself would appreciate it, and be interested in checking out the source.

I think it would be sad if the effort in this project was essentially wasted and never seen or used again. Anyways, good luck with cyber security. :)

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204508 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO

i'd love to see the code, i worked on a similar project with someone, we got pretty far on both server and client side using nodejs for the server and phaser for graphic rendering and some other things. might start up something new if you decided to release this since the other project is long gone

---
stay tuned.
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204512 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO

Will post the source tonight. (Within 12 hours)

As long as one person finds it useful then I will release it. Thanks.

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204514 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO

Would love to have a look. Interested to see how some of the technicals are executed in the project. There's a lot of annoying little "gotcha" moments with web-game development, so having source code out there in the community to use as a resource is pretty valuable in of itself.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204515 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO

I was doing the same with CraftyJS. I implemented character walking, race changes, and very accurate map rendering - more accurate than EOMap, in fact.

I was stopped in my tracks because CraftyJS has technical limitations with sprite changing, unfortunately. I've been looking at alternative game engines since and recently I've came across Heaps.IO which appears to be a well-documented and possibly more feature complete framework, although being written for the Haxe language, designed after AS3.

I'd be interested in seeing your code. I will likely be working on it again in December, when I have more free time. I'm sure your project would serve as a handy resource.

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #204556 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!

As promised, I've updated the thread with a link to download the project. Continued development will be made, if I do get stars. Because as of now, I do think it is a dead project.

5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204559 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!

*a wild Vanilla appears*

Diffferent game, different community, different everything.  Except look at the way it looks when you log in.
I'm only here to pretend like I haven't drunk most of the memories from what must be 9 or 10 years ago away by now so I'm not gonna read up for context. But given that Mystera is what it is, you will understand why I decided to post this link:
  Mystera Legacy (Fullscreen) (change /play/full.php  into  /play-ml/   or just /  if you want to view the rest surrounding site etc.   

I'm sure if you look at it, you'd think "Oh shit so there kinda already is a web-based EO" 
no. That is actually exactly why I post this. There will never be such a thing as a replacement of EO. No matter how similiar it may seem.
Mystera, while absolutely equally unique, is not a replacement for EO and vice versa. 

But if you ever for any reason found yourself in need of code-relative inspiration, ML can give you everything you need. Right down to the way it takes orders from the websocket server with what (as a reverse engineer) I would consider to be comparative to 0 client-side => WS => server flaws what so ever despite being written in a single, solid chunk of completely unobfuscated (perhaps tightly nested-if'd) javascript, all packaged in one little file. 

Check their playstore app aswell, if you want to know immidiately how instantaneously and easily you could have Endless Online (browser-version) or whatever it is thats in the original post on this thread on your phone with little to no additional effort.

Hope this is useful. Anyone who remembers me!! hiii!! and bye forever again xDD o/

*descends back into the bushes without a sound*

---
Former EOSERV.net Administrator.
5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204560 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!

If your MMO is made using javascript. You're likely doing something wrong.

5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204562 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!
Aki11 posted: (4th Dec 2018, 03:05 am)

It was just a project...

Review the source. Learn from it or continue your day.

Also, their are multiple games being rendered in JS and IMO will be making "Discs" more absolute then ever before.

https://www.babylonjs.com/

https://phaser.io/

http://melonjs.org/

ETC. 

5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204563 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!
Suave posted: (4th Dec 2018, 02:54 pm)

It was just a project...

Also, their are multiple games being rendered in JS and IMO will be making "Discs" more absolute then ever before.

ETC. 

and... all of those projects completely ignore memory/processing optimization. You end up using 500MB+ for a project which requires 30MB, and 3-5x more processing. You could argue that it's a trade off - the fact that your users don't need to download a program for a high memory/cpu cost, but even that argument is flimsy due to the fact that there are so many different display sizes/browsers.

Games developed for desktop systems ( with an efficient language like C/C++ ) perform better than games which run in a bloated sandbox. Basically, use JS for silly website animations - not to make an mmo ;).

Regardless, it's still a cool idea and I didn't mean to offend anyone by my statement.
5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204565 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!

No, no no. Sorry, perhaps I didn't explain myself correctly. 

When I say from a "coding perspective" I'm not talking about the technicalities of what language ML is built in. There is no doubt in my mind that making ML in javascript was a mistake. Especially given that I'm now doing it ML what Sausage did to EO, except the difference is that ML is running just fine.

I HIGHLY recommend against making it in javascript unless you know what you are doing. Because Javascript offers you less than 0 client-side protection. 

The reason I posted the link to ML is because that is what a really solid, high action split-second pvp based modernized 2D MMO looks like when it is literally polymorphic across 100% of platforms.  ML has things that happen to the milliseconds between players, and yet relies on 100% server-priority websocket communication and server-sided logical analyisis of "What I know" vs "What client thinks it knows" while remaining more or less low latency and again, 100% polymorphic.

ML can server as a good example of what you want your product to look like when the coding is said and done. 

Do not use Javascript if you don't need to. the CODE itself wasn't my point in saying "Coding perspective", what I meant was the methods used by the developer. 1-way Server2Client priority JSON'd packet communications. Server-siding the logical analysis of "grain of salt" priority Client2Server communications. etc etc

---
Former EOSERV.net Administrator.
5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204571 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!
Aki11 posted: (4th Dec 2018, 03:07 pm)

It was just a project...

ETC. 

and... all of those projects completely ignore memory/processing optimization. You end up using 500MB+ for a project which requires 30MB, and 3-5x more processing. You could argue that it's a trade off - the fact that your users don't need to download a program for a high memory/cpu cost, but even that argument is flimsy due to the fact that there are so many different display sizes/browsers.

Games developed for desktop systems ( with an efficient language like C/C++ ) perform better than games which run in a bloated sandbox. Basically, use JS for silly website animations - not to make an mmo ;).

Regardless, it's still a cool idea and I didn't mean to offend anyone by my statement.

Sounds like you don't believe in HTML5 gaming. That's sad.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204572 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!
Hacker_Alex posted: (5th Dec 2018, 06:54 am)

Aki11 posted: (4th Dec 2018, 03:07 pm)

It was just a project...

ETC. 

Sounds like you don't believe in HTML5 gaming. That's sad.

For small games it doesn't make a difference because you're not playing it for long periods of time, they aren't too complex, and you aren't a 'returning customer'. For games like MMOs - since they're so complex and large, you need to use your resources wisely. Half-haphazardly using some google chrome sandbox to do it is idiotic in my opinion ( but there are tons of people who disagree with me ).

and HTML5 is just another fancy word for javascript globbed together with html/css. It's in the dictionary of next-generation-fancy-web-tech words

So.. no I don't believe in it. I believe in cross-platform gaming using native languages ( translated into machine code ).
5 years, 17 weeks ago
Post #204574 Re: Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!

WebAssembly basically does all that just inside a browser, which means you could be able to use some JS without "doing something wrong".

---
#yolomoto
5 years, 17 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Aphelion - Browser Based EO - Updated with DOWNLOAD Link!