EOSERV Forum > EOMap > problem with eomap
Page: << 1 >>
problem with eomap
Post #204455 problem with eomap

i edited my client and added a fishing rod and am trying to make the fishing to work i cant figure out were they say add a code about fishing ive edited everything i can think of the pubs the gfxs and everything my eomap doesnt have a fishing tile

5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204456 Re: problem with eomap

This is not a problem with EOMap as it works as intended. We can’t be responsible for finding out how someone butchered EOSERV to repurpose existing functions and claim they are new features. You are best off to find who published the hack and as for help.

5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204457 Re: problem with eomap
Apollo posted: (7th Nov 2018, 02:22 am)

This is not a problem with EOMap as it works as intended. We can’t be responsible for finding out how someone butchered EOSERV to repurpose existing functions and claim they are new features. You are best off to find who published the hack and as for help.

you are a ..
---
CN:BH 4 lyfe
−1 Add a few stat points to wisdom before posting replies. --Apollo 5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204458 Re: problem with eomap

Hi Afroman,

I think you might be a bit confused about how the fishing feature works in most private servers. I'll try to explain it a bit.
Since fishing isn't an official feature of either EOSERV or the EO Client, it's somewhat "hacked" in as Apollo noted. Usually this comes in the form of some custom code on the EOSERV side which comes alongside a fishing configuration file. That file would specify which items can be fished, at which "fishing level" they can be caught at, and their probability of being caught - like a drop rate.

Typically on the map side of things, one of the Unknown tilespecs would be repurposed as the server's new fishing tile, depending on how the fishing feature was implemented on the server side. You would not see a fishing tilespec in the mapper since that does not officially exist.

In order for us to help you any further, you would need to explain what custom EOSERV revision (if any) you are using, along with some basic implementation details such as which tilespec is specified in the code and what the config file looks like.

Cheers.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204461 Re: problem with eomap

okay i am using EOserv 0.7.0 and all the codeing process i dont really know how to do that i guess its something my server wont have lol sucks i made a fishing pole and fish and ect. i mean i have eoserv 0.7.0 and the fishing config file is this

### FISHING OPTIONS ###
#
# OK so I'll probably brainstorm up and re-write this system up
# nice next week, I'll try keep this as simple as possible but
# for now I'm gonna add a quick fix.
# Will probably be similar to:
#
## IMPORTANT - Fishing tiles are Unknown 2 ?
#
# 0.490 = 490
#
#
## Fishing Toggle (bool)
# Switch for fishing
FishingToggle = yes

## Fishing Rod ID (number)
# Fishing rod ID
FishingRodID = 491

## Fishing Bait ID (number)
# Bait ID, set to 0 for no bait.
FishingBaitID = 0

## Fishing Fail Toggle (bool)
# Tells players when they fail to catch
ShowFishingNoCatch = yes

## FISH
# List of fish you can catch
#
## Number of Fish
FishAmount = 3

1.FishID = 490
1.FishEXP = 100
1.FishLevel = 0
1.FishChance = 75%

2.FishID = 45
2.FishEXP = 200
2.FishLevel = 2
2.FishChance = 20%

3.FishID = 377
3.FishEXP = 300
3.FishLevel = 3
3.FishChance = 5%

thats all i see

5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204462 Re: problem with eomap
Afroman posted: (7th Nov 2018, 04:05 pm)

okay i am using EOserv 0.7.0 and all the codeing process i dont really know how to do that i guess its something my server wont have lol sucks i made a fishing pole and fish and ect. i mean i have eoserv 0.7.0 and the fishing config file is this

### FISHING OPTIONS ###
#
# OK so I'll probably brainstorm up and re-write this system up
# nice next week, I'll try keep this as simple as possible but
# for now I'm gonna add a quick fix.
# Will probably be similar to:
#
## IMPORTANT - Fishing tiles are Unknown 2 ?
#
# 0.490 = 490
#
#
## Fishing Toggle (bool)
# Switch for fishing
FishingToggle = yes

## Fishing Rod ID (number)
# Fishing rod ID
FishingRodID = 491

## Fishing Bait ID (number)
# Bait ID, set to 0 for no bait.
FishingBaitID = 0

## Fishing Fail Toggle (bool)
# Tells players when they fail to catch
ShowFishingNoCatch = yes

## FISH
# List of fish you can catch
#
## Number of Fish
FishAmount = 3

1.FishID = 490
1.FishEXP = 100
1.FishLevel = 0
1.FishChance = 75%

2.FishID = 45
2.FishEXP = 200
2.FishLevel = 2
2.FishChance = 20%

3.FishID = 377
3.FishEXP = 300
3.FishLevel = 3
3.FishChance = 5%

thats all i see

I'm not 100% what you mean.. But I am 100% that's my config!

are you looking for the tile to use fishing? I've uploaded my specs folder (from inside the eomap folder) if you want to use them. Just replace your entire spec folder with this

DOWNLOAD

5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204463 Re: problem with eomap

If you're using the version 0.7.0 release, it won't have the fishing feature. You can't just the drop the configuration file from a custom user release in and expect it to work. Besides, 0.7.0 is a binary release, what you need to do is compile from source before you can begin working on this feature. If you're really interested in doing this. You can download revision 535, and start implementing your own fishing feature. I personally don't recommend using any of these custom made revisions lying around.

5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204464 Re: problem with eomap

how do i compile?

5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204465 Re: problem with eomap
Afroman posted: (8th Nov 2018, 12:16 am)

how do i compile?

This isn't a topic about compiling EOSERV, and if you'd looked around the site you would've found it your answer.
but here:

https://eoserv.net/wiki/EOSERV_From_Scratch_-_Windows

That's a very outdated guide on how to do it. I would learn how to program in C++ or C before diving straight into compiling a project like EOSERV though.

Here's a link to that:

http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/introduction/
5 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #204482 Re: problem with eomap

Thanks for the  info but ima take a while away from eo

Thanks

5 years, 24 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > problem with eomap