EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Basic Revision Release! (535)
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
Basic Revision Release! (535)
Post #204542 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

I’m in work at the moment but I have a good idea what this issue is. I’ve probably just not stated the difference between a bow and a line weapon, the server is just handling any range as AOE and hitting anything in range. I’ll make sure the range stops at first NPC hit unless .line= true

Will post an update tonight!

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204543 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

any idea as into whats gonna be in new update? on this rev?

I'm currently having the same issue with ur rev the line aoe and im also have trouble with the pets idk why though ive looked at the code here it is

void PetCommands(const std::vector<std::string>& arguments, Character* from)
{
    std::string command = util::lowercase(arguments[0]);

if(from->world->config["PetCommands"]){
        if(from->HasPet()){
            if(command == "follow" || command == "attack" || command == "guard"){

//command = "follow";

from->pet_mode = command;
                from->pet->pet_mode = command;

from->StatusMsg("Your pet will now "+ command);

if(from->pet_target != 0){
                    from->pet_target = 0;
                    if(command ==  "follow")
                        from->StatusMsg("Your pet will stop attacking it's target!");
                    if(command == "guard")
                        from->StatusMsg("Your pet will only attack when you do or in defence!");
                }
            }
        }else{
            from->StatusMsg("You have no active pet!");
        }
    }
}

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204544 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)
callum posted: (1st Dec 2018, 10:40 am)

I’m in work at the moment but I have a good idea what this issue is. I’ve probably just not stated the difference between a bow and a line weapon, the server is just handling any range as AOE and hitting anything in range. I’ll make sure the range stops at first NPC hit unless .line= true

Will post an update tonight!

That would be the tits mate, you made the best working eoserv version... and I tried most of them... So far this is the only problem I found on your copy, the rest is just amazingly well done.
5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204545 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

I'm hoping to get quite a bit of code updated tonight! I'll put the rev online on the SLN if you guys want to jump on and show me any issues you're having!

It'll be called Havens EO

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204546 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)
callum posted: (1st Dec 2018, 10:18 pm)

I'm hoping to get quite a bit of code updated tonight! I'll put the rev online on the SLN if you guys want to jump on and show me any issues you're having!

Well my only problem really is the AOE Ranged weps.. that Line AOE that is making my bow broken eheheh... everything else is working perfectly 
5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204547 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)
sequeira123 posted: (1st Dec 2018, 11:02 pm)

Well my only problem really is the AOE Ranged weps.. that Line AOE that is making my bow broken eheheh... everything else is working perfectly 

If you can compile, head to map.cpp and inside  the Map::Attack function

change if(line > 0) return to  if(line == 0) return; That should fix it!

edit: @Afroman, try using #pet guard for now, I'm looking into the pet targeting asap!

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204548 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)
callum posted: (2nd Dec 2018, 12:25 am)

sequeira123 posted: (1st Dec 2018, 11:02 pm)

If you can compile, head to map.cpp and inside  the Map::Attack function

change if(line > 0) return to  if(line == 0) return; That should fix it!

edit: @Afroman, try using #pet guard for now, I'm looking into the pet targeting asap!

Not gonna lie to you, I'm not sure how to do that :/
5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204549 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

Would you be so kind as to put this into a git repository of some kind, Callum? I'm sure people would be happy to contribute if it was possible to do so.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204550 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

which haveneo callum lol

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204554 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

choose gitlab and I'll help you setup CI/CD heck you can even have a test server that automatically updates when you merge into master that allows people login as HGM and test things. or you dont have to do that haha seems useless.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204558 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

I probably won’t put the rev on something like gitlab if I’m honest! I’m making the revision for a friend and thought I’d share since almost all the features are already released around the forums! I’ve recently added a few new features such as “chase” spells and freeze team arena. The plan is to use bot characters as a”decoy” spell where players can use it and escape from hard npcs(TM)!!!

But I do plan to keep the revision up to date in case people are using it! You can always just recompile and add configs as old code won’t be edited(well configs certainly won’t)!

But yeah, it’s really nice to see this topic active and I hope it helps a few people!

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204561 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

Just wanted to say thanks for the release, I may use it in the future :)

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204564 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

always stoked to see more stuff callum great work

5 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #204583 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

Will this be up for download? Thanks again!

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #204601 Re: Basic Revision Release! (535)

Yeah I'll be putting the server up again in the next hour or so and will post the updates too!

5 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Basic Revision Release! (535)