EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?
Page: << 1 >>
Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?
Post #204296 Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?

I typed in http://www.apollo-games.com/SLN/sln.php/check?software=EOSERV&retry=900&host=68.151.100.138&port=8078&name=Celticus%20Online&url=http://celticusonline.com/&clienturl=http://celticusonline.com/download/&zone=Public

and im using EOSERV. Hollows Ice & Fire 1.0 actually. And it didnt work. I see the IP connect in my console, but when I hit the web page it says failed to add new server record

5 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #204297 Re: Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?

I am confused by the entire you typed in the entire URL part. The SLN requires a server to send the request for the SLN check in or a 3rd party check in utility that runs from the same machine as the server is on. You can’t type in the raw server check in from any device in a web browser where there is not a server. Also, I can’t guarantee compatibility with modified legacy builds of EOSERV. EOSource builds are not compatible without a third party check in tool and I suspect that build may have the same issue. You should only edit the SLN.ini for connecting. To check your connection and SLN settings are compatible use an official build of EOSERV. 

5 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #204298 Re: Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?
Apollo posted: (28th Jul 2018, 07:15 pm)

I am confused by the entire you typed in the entire URL part. The SLN requires a server to send the request for the SLN check in or a 3rd party check in utility that runs from the same machine as the server is on. You can’t type in the raw server check in from any device in a web browser where there is not a server. Also, I can’t guarantee compatibility with modified legacy builds of EOSERV. EOSource builds are not compatible without a third party check in tool and I suspect that build may have the same issue. You should only edit the SLN.ini for connecting. To check your connection and SLN settings are compatible use an official build of EOSERV. 

I tried it with the regular closed source EOSERV version 7.0. Still the same error, failed to add new server record. I even saw the IP connection in my console, trying to connect, but it for some reason wont work. What do I edit in my SLN to make it work?

Edit: I dont know why Sausage couldnt just keep the SLN, or put it back. My as well.

Im using my own PC to host the server. It should work in my Chrome browser.

5 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #204301 Re: Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?

Send me a direct message including your SLN.ini as well as your actual IP address. Since there are several servers connecting with no problem it is very likely on your end. Also, this is the same SLN Sausage ran with light cosmetic modification. 

5 years, 39 weeks ago
Post #204323 Re: Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?

Cannot even get v0.7.0(which I will call 7) to work at all, say's it cannot connect to the database (Even after the update, older version works fine but...)

I Try a multitude of things:  Firewall Rules, Port Forwarding is fine, Every option in SLN config file, Different SLN site, Different name, all of the above in all combinations.

I get this error: [WRN] (500) SLN Update Server Error: Failed to add new server record. (When I try to use Apollo's)

and this error: [WRN] (300) SLN Update Warning: Failed to check into EOSource because of socket failed. (when I try to use EOSource's)-- it does tell me in game that it says in chat the same warning followed by this "EOSERV has automatically resolved this message and the next client check-in should succeed. 

So yeah been a long journey, anyways I have a few ideas of what it could be but no idea on how to actually solve it without opening every port and protocol or just running crypto locker myself.

---
So Far Away!
5 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #204326 Re: Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?

You need to inbox me with info from the sln.ini file as well as your IP and port your server is using. I am running a log so start attempting connections.

5 years, 35 weeks ago
Post #204327 Re: Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?

Hey Apollo, thank you for responding. I really appreciate that!

---
So Far Away!
5 years, 35 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Im using EOSERV and cant connect to Apollos SLN?