EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Item that makes u autopick gold not working
Page: << 1 >>
Item that makes u autopick gold not working
Post #204206 Item that makes u autopick gold not working

Hello, i am trying to make item which used gives a player gold instead of dropping from a monster. It kinda works, after npc is killed, gold is given to the player, and it's not on the ground, but after rejoining the map, the gold is lying down where the npc was originally killed. Here is the code. The  thing is that i need to send it to a specific location, i need to set the x and y, is there any way around?

https://pastebin.com/Rp0V7s5S

5 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #204207 Re: Item that makes u autopick gold not working

Change the item is &amount in the npc packet to 0 so it doesn’t drop

Also remove any lines that actually add the item to the map

5 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #204214 Re: Item that makes u autopick gold not working

If i remove these lines it doesnt work, idk how to deal with packets, they are weird.

5 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #204215 Re: Item that makes u autopick gold not working

Okay, I think it's important that everyone in this topic remembers that changing values in packets is merely changing the values that are being sent to the game client. Packets are not a source of truth and modifying them does not change game logic.

Effectively all you've done here is "lied" to the game client. You haven't prevented the gold from being dropped...

The following is a drop-in modification of the function that will probably do what you're looking for. It could be a bit cleaner.
I'm working mostly from memory and haven't bothered to test it, so let me know if something is amiss.

https://pastebin.com/c4QzSNYk

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
5 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #204218 Re: Item that makes u autopick gold not working

It works just fine. Thanks! 

5 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Item that makes u autopick gold not working