EOSERV Forum > EOMap > How many images can the Eomap editor handle?
Page: << 1 >>
How many images can the Eomap editor handle?
Post #204171 How many images can the Eomap editor handle?

I was adding images into the objects of my eomap editor and i hit a snare where new objects will no longer populate as i add them into the editor. Is there any advice that anyone can offer on if there are any space limitations with the eomap editor program. I thought it was virtually limitless because it just populates a black space with the objects placed in whatever space allocates them efficiently. Any information about this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much,

Tensuki

---
"I would rather be in the light looking up to the darkness, than being in the darkness looking up to
the light."
~Tensuki
5 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204178 Re: How many images can the Eomap editor handle?

Are you saying that you placed a bunch of objects onto a map and then it begun to not appear?

or

Are you saying that you tried adding more gfx to your files and it failed to load them while booting up EOMap?

I've personally never had the first happen unless you are making an excessively large map like 200x200, in which case, then it still depends on the amount of objects.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
5 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204179 Re: How many images can the Eomap editor handle?

Yeah i have found that when i am adding more object GFX that they no longer are populating in my EoMap. I have started just placing them in the overlay section instead to bypass my problem for the time being. I am still able to add ground, overlay and other images. 

*I dont know if this is allowed, but its slightly on topic*

Do you know how to add extra special buttons? I want to perhaps have a little more control over some things and was wondering since i have not seen any topics on it how to create and implement new special tabs :).

Thank you for your earlier and advice and Thank you in advance for any further information you can provide. :)

---
"I would rather be in the light looking up to the darkness, than being in the darkness looking up to
the light."
~Tensuki
5 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204180 Re: How many images can the Eomap editor handle?
Tensuki posted: (21st Jun 2018, 02:36 am)

Yeah i have found that when i am adding more object GFX that they no longer are populating in my EoMap. I have started just placing them in the overlay section instead to bypass my problem for the time being. I am still able to add ground, overlay and other images. 

*I dont know if this is allowed, but its slightly on topic*

Do you know how to add extra special buttons? I want to perhaps have a little more control over some things and was wondering since i have not seen any topics on it how to create and implement new special tabs :).

Thank you for your earlier and advice and Thank you in advance for any further information you can provide. :)

If you're trying to add more to the gfx file, unfortunately you can't without a workaround or a different editor. I've had the same problem when I've done work for people, where we had to remove old EO graphics just to put in new ones because the client wouldn't support much more than it was made for.

As for the buttons, no clue on that. Never messed with anything like that as I never really need to to make maps.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
5 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #204187 Re: How many images can the Eomap editor handle?

Use my unofficial build. I fixed the population of tiles. Also, don't place things where they don't belong in your gfx because the images may look the same but function differently.

5 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #204188 Re: How many images can the Eomap editor handle?

Apollo,

I completely agree with you, it may look the same but the functionality is always different. That was my biggest concern with putting things where they do not belong and why i needed the advice. 

Is your unofficial build the one in the downloads as 0.3.1b? 

Thank you all for all of the advice and help :)

I found your v3 of EOmap and it is GREAT! i think this was a great addition and i cannot wait to add more things now :D thank you Apollo <3 

---
the light."
~Tensuki
5 years, 43 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > How many images can the Eomap editor handle?