EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > GFX creation tips
Page: << 1 >>
GFX creation tips
Post #204012 GFX creation tips

So I have gotten far enough in on my new server that I'm creating that I need to start replacing things like the original gfx files but I was hoping that someone could maybe give me some tips on the resource creation especially for weapons. Anyone have a good tip to make it easy to create all the different resources with the weapons at good angles for the different states they would be in during animation? Basically I want to just know if there's a good way to create the around 17 states for a sword without having to repeatedly change the original of each one check it in the client and see if it looks okay during movement and everything and then go back to edit with a rinse repeat cycle.

I've already sketched out around 40 weapons that I would like to put into my gfx i'll create but I really hope there's a good way to line things up so I don't have to do over 600 different angled pics of the weapons with guess and check when I'm eventually going to make my own gfx for the other parts of the game as well.

Edit: I also forgot to ask one other question. If I'm wanting to make an entirely new gfx file would I be able to create it without any errors using reshacker? All of the topics I did find mentioned just replacing the existing tiles from the gfx files that were already there. Should I just go and replace every one of them with my edited ones or is it fine to create a new one and just name it the same as my preexisting .egf?

6 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #204013 Re: GFX creation tips

The answers to most of your questions can be answered on Pixelsource.

Weapon pixeling related questions can be found in this section.

Regarding the whole "Can I make my own EGF files" question, I imagine you can if you maintain the same structure as the previous ones. I've never done this, though.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #204014 Re: GFX creation tips

The interesting thing is I had somehow missed that page giving details on each area such as weapons and etc. I had found the site and only somehow looked at the basic tutorials and up as I actually searched for you and pixel art knowing you had done good work with it. I didn't expect you would be the first to reply to my topic and so quickly though. Only reason I wondered about creating my own from scratch is only so that I can truthfully say it was my own file without always thinking in my head that it was another part of the game that I had only partially made myself. I want my server to eventually be as little borrowed work as possible since I can't ever have it be all mine as what I want is endless. Thank you that part of the site is really useful.

6 years, 15 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > GFX creation tips