EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release
Page: << 1 2 >>
Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release
Post #203930 Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Happy Holidays! I have been fixing a few minor things with EOMap and adding some much needed features to make mapping much easier.

New to 0.3.4a

• Black ground tile will now hide the fill tile layer properly (see official maps 47 and 136 for examples)
  • Map Edge special tile no longer hides fill tiles
  • Copy/Paste added as an editing tool (select copy from menu or use the "C" key as a shortcut)

New to 0.3.4b

• Save on exit dialog box will only be prompted if the map has been altered.

New to 0.3.4c

• Save dialog box enlarged for Windows XP-era compatibility settings
  • Unhide the Map Type under Map Properties

This build does not yet support copying special tiles, NPC's, item spawns, or warps. I will be adding those in the future, but hopefully this will hold you over. As always, download this build into your existing official EOMap directory.

Download here: http://www.apollo-games.com/eomap3.exe

6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203931 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Tested it out and the new features are really cool! I'm looking forward to seeing those Undo/Redo/Select options in the menu become features as well. Great release.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203933 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Sounds great! I'll definitely test this later for myself.
As Cirras said, really looking forward to the undo/redo features to. Thanks for this update.

Happy holidays to you to!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203935 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Hey guys i'm new and making my own server with some of the eo maps and some custom maps i've made but i started using eo map editor 0.2.0 alpha7 and now im using eo map editor 0.3.4a it wont load my maps i saved in the old editor only maps started from scratch, just wondering if u guys know a fix thanks  

Invalid file / failed read/seek: C:\bla bla\eo serv\data\maps\00001.emf --224

6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203936 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

That build of the map editor was one of the first usable ones with a graphic interface. I can't support maps made with that as they may have used an improper save structure.

6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203937 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Am I the only one experiencing a response delay using this new revision? It seems almost 'laggy'. I'd originally assume it's something to do with my laptop but everything else runs perfectly fine on it.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203938 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

There is very little difference from what I can tell in performance. This build will load more gfx resource tiles than the previous build so when changing tabs you may notice a slight delay, but this was present in the official build as well. Larger resources in the graphic files in addition to a loaded map can slow things down slightly, but in that respect you can slow down the EO client with even less. In any case, the more muscle your PC and graphics card has the faster anything will run.

6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203939 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Had to post just to say good job on this and thanks Apollo. 

Would be nice if its even possible to create a direct warp function into the editor somehow. By this I mean either opening 2 maps in two separate screens and clicking the locations to connect warps or even on the same map, as warps are the biggest pain in the ass to constantly keep checking other maps for correct coordinates.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
6 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #203948 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Updated to prompt saving on exit only if the map has been altered.

6 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #203949 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

You're probably aware of this already, but the save 'msgbox' doesn't seem to display properly. (At least for me it doesn't)
The msg box seems to cut the bottom, so you can't read the Yes/No buttons. They can still be clicked, but barely.

There is another minor issue regarding the msgbox, where when you drag it, a previous copy (glitched image) stays present every time you drag and release the msbox.

Just thought I'd let you know in case you care. ;d

Edit: Glad you made the save prompt trigger only if the map is edited. Tya! ;D

---
6 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #203950 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

I hadn't considered older versions. What operating system/compatibility mode are you using?

6 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #203952 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate, and I'm pretty sure it worked perfect as is, aside from the message box issues.

---
6 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #203988 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Is the plan to be able to open more then one map going to happen? Would be helpful when working with towns or such

6 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #203991 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release
Drewbob posted: (4th Jan 2018, 05:55 pm)

Is the plan to be able to open more then one map going to happen? Would be helpful when working with towns or such

You should probably just open two instances of the map editor. It would be cool to open multiple maps in a single app, but EOMap 0.3.4 is a legacy build. Outside of adding a few extra convenience features it is totally complete. The main elements I want to add are Copy/Paste for selected areas and undo/redo. Might be nice to get NPC's displayed in some way on the map and show NPC and item names in their respective spawn dialog boxes.
6 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #203993 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release

Everytime I try to open a second map editor it won't let me I wasn't sure if that was blocked or not that was my first plan. But I understand

6 years, 15 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Unofficial EO Map 0.3.4 Release