EOSERV Forum > EOMap > eo map
Page: << 1 >>
eo map
Post #203920 eo map

thanks Apollo for the update, but I cant get it to save my maps can anyone help with this?

6 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #203921 Re: eo map

You need to provide more context on what you're talking about, and also maybe comment under what Apollo said instead of creating a new post. Regardless, when saving maps make sure that you save the files as an *All type; and finish them with .emf

Example, let's say you create a map and title it "Map 1". Once you finish that map, you need to save it as map1.emf so that it can then be used by the map editor. If you want to use it in-game, such as on your personal server, you have to name the map accordingly, such as 00001.emf so that you can $warp [MapID] , [X] , [Y]  

6 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #203922 Re: eo map

Which version are you using? Are there any error reports? What happens when you save? More information is needed.

6 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #203923 Re: eo map

A possibility is you are trying to save into a protected directory on your computer. Try putting your maps into C:/ rather than program files or other protected directories. Notepad won't even save properly in a protected directory. For example Program Files is protected. I recommend you leave that protection on and move your server and client to C:/

Maps would save to C:/*yourserverfolder*/data/maps/

If your map editor is using your client gfx you may be attempting to save into the client's map directory. Many times EO gets installed to Program Files and people dump their map editor in there because it is easy and that is fine, but if you are accidentally saving maps into the client folder you might have some issues without running EOMap as an administrator. Anyway, just make sure you move your files or get a machine running Windows XP or earlier. Saving isn't broken in EOMap and it is checked that you want to save before closing the program in my updated build of EOMap.  

6 years, 22 weeks ago
Post #203924 Re: eo map

ok I am using the new 3.3 mapper, got it to save and open thanks for all the tips but now I cant seem to line up door frames with back wall tiles any help on this?

6 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #203925 Re: eo map

Make sure to use the proper wall type. One aligns to the x axis, the other to the y axis.

6 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #203926 Re: eo map

Sorry if I'm off topic here but... eomapper 3.3? what? o-o   Nevermind >-> ...

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
6 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #203927 Re: eo map
kp420 posted: (3rd Dec 2017, 01:48 am)

ok I am using the new 3.3 mapper, got it to save and open thanks for all the tips but now I cant seem to line up door frames with back wall tiles any help on this?

There are usually two of the same type's of doors, under right wall and left wall. Usually, you need to use the opposite door (Left doors for right walls) or just mess around with different walls before you find the one that fits. There are plenty of guides on mapping you might want to look up that go in detail about a lot of the things you may find troublesome when learning to map. 
6 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #203965 Re: eo map
Apollo posted: (28th Nov 2017, 11:56 pm)

A possibility is you are trying to save into a protected directory on your computer. Try putting your maps into C:/ rather than program files or other protected directories. Notepad won't even save properly in a protected directory. For example Program Files is protected. I recommend you leave that protection on and move your server and client to C:/

If your map editor is using your client gfx you may be attempting to save into the client's map directory. Many times EO gets installed to Program Files and people dump their map editor in there because it is easy and that is fine, but if you are accidentally saving maps into the client folder you might have some issues without running EOMap as an administrator. Anyway, just make sure you move your files or get a machine running Windows XP or earlier. Saving isn't broken in EOMap and it is checked that you want to save before closing the program in my updated build of EOMap.  

I see your post mentions C:\<other folder> but I just want to note that drive roots are also protected to prevent creation of autorun files so saving directly to C:\ can be equivalent to saving to the program files directory.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #203967 Re: eo map
Hacker_Alex posted: (16th Dec 2017, 12:22 am)

Apollo posted: (28th Nov 2017, 11:56 pm)

I see your post mentions C:\<other folder> but I just want to note that drive roots are also protected to prevent creation of autorun files so saving directly to C:\ can be equivalent to saving to the program files directory.

It is best to separate into a new directory. Using a unique directory you are not bound by rules of Program Files. The new folder C:/ClientName can be given whatever permissions and the worry of things like Virtual Store don't play a role into same folder data writing. Unless you are writing modern programming that actually requests administrative access then you probably need to take my advice on this one.
6 years, 19 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > eo map