EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Connecting Permissions with Item ID's
Page: << 1 2 >>
Connecting Permissions with Item ID's
Post #203906 Re: Connecting Permissions with Item ID's
Hacker_Alex posted: (24th Nov 2017, 10:29 pm)

Cirras posted: (24th Nov 2017, 02:54 am)

Hacker_Alex posted: (23rd Nov 2017, 06:17 pm)

Hey guys maybe there's an armour someone can pixel that when equipped, is the graphic of a character in hide. (the armour would have to make person's skin gray so that race differences aren't noticed) Hero plate covers all parts of a character except the head right so I have hope a new armour can take care of all parts, maybe the armour needs a hat to go with it.

And if someone has those items equipped your NPCs can not aggro that person.

The graphic of a character in hide is just the character, but transparent. That can't be replicated with an armour, unfortunately. He could do like a ninja outfit or something, at least that'd make sense for the function I suppose.

You're saying you can't make an armour that looks tran.............. of course you can!

what I mean by that is that of course we can't make the character transparent but we can pixel an armour that looks transparent itself as if it was partly showing the character's skin as well, and the skin will have to be gray ish so that it doesnt look funky on different skin tones (hope to heck your server doesnt have fish tone)

You can't make transparent armor. You are confusing masking and blending. You can only make masking armors. Blending images into the background for the transparency effect is done within the client's rendering of the display. 
6 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #203963 Re: Connecting Permissions with Item ID's
Apollo posted: (27th Nov 2017, 03:54 am)

Hey guys maybe there's an armour someone can pixel that when equipped, is the graphic of a character in hide. (the armour would have to make person's skin gray so that race differences aren't noticed) Hero plate covers all parts of a character except the head right so I have hope a new armour can take care of all parts, maybe the armour needs a hat to go with it.

The graphic of a character in hide is just the character, but transparent. That can't be replicated with an armour, unfortunately. He could do like a ninja outfit or something, at least that'd make sense for the function I suppose.

You're saying you can't make an armour that looks tran.............. of course you can!

what I mean by that is that of course we can't make the character transparent but we can pixel an armour that looks transparent itself as if it was partly showing the character's skin as well, and the skin will have to be gray ish so that it doesnt look funky on different skin tones (hope to heck your server doesnt have fish tone)

You can't make transparent armor. You are confusing masking and blending. You can only make masking armors. Blending images into the background for the transparency effect is done within the client's rendering of the display. 

it looks like you totally missed the second paragraph. a book isn't meant to be read by its cover.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #203968 Re: Connecting Permissions with Item ID's
Hacker_Alex posted: (16th Dec 2017, 12:08 am)

Apollo posted: (27th Nov 2017, 03:54 am)

it looks like you totally missed the second paragraph. a book isn't meant to be read by its cover.

You totally missed making any god damn sense. He was asking how to make something transparent, not shit pixels onto armor and call it make believe see-thru.
6 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #203987 Re: Connecting Permissions with Item ID's

This might work. 

Set your lowest lvl admin to be able to go invis an that is all. 

Make a "potion" in game that would change players "admin rank to lowest setting" for x-amount of time an set the flag as invis 

Would that work? Hacky type idea

6 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #203992 Re: Connecting Permissions with Item ID's

Might be easier to fool the client into thinking everyone is HGM, then block any admin functions server side. You can also tool the hide command to see or not see other hidden players depending on how you want that to work. 

6 years, 12 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Connecting Permissions with Item ID's