EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > adding server to vps
Page: << 1 >>
adding server to vps
Post #203509 adding server to vps

is there anyone who could help me getting my server on vps ?

bought a vps to put the server on it but i dont understand one freaking bit of it i already dowloaded RDC

but there doesn't pop up a window that needs the host username and pass

please some one help !!

6 years, 33 weeks ago
Post #203510 Re: adding server to vps

does that stand for remote desktop connection? are you wasting money buying a windows vps instead of a linux vps? your hosting provider should have its own console section or instructions on connecting to your machine. please read their faqs or make a support ticket with them, they can help you out

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #203511 Re: adding server to vps

if you're using a Linux VPS, you should really learn the basics first before you dive into it, and use Putty before you use RDP, cuz it may not be installed first hand.

Installing XRDP should be really easy.

sudo apt-get -y install xrdp

now change the encryption level to high ( or not )

sudo nano /etc/xrdp/xrdp.ini
encrypt_level=high

And just restart and connect to your VPS IP

sudo /etc/init.d/xrdp restart

If you're using a Windows VPS, you don't need any of the above crap. just load eoserv and start your server.

6 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #203512 Re: adding server to vps
Hacker_Alex posted: (18th Aug 2017, 12:43 am)

does that stand for remote desktop connection? are you wasting money buying a windows vps instead of a linux vps? your hosting provider should have its own console section or instructions on connecting to your machine. please read their faqs or make a support ticket with them, they can help you out

It's not really a waste using a windows vps for eoserv, I wouldn't go through the bother of learning Linux just to run eoserv. for the sake of an extra $5 I'd get a windows server

@program What server you using? Are you having trouble connecting to it or uploading a server?

6 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #203516 Re: adding server to vps
callum posted: (18th Aug 2017, 06:50 am)

Hacker_Alex posted: (18th Aug 2017, 12:43 am)

It's not really a waste using a windows vps for eoserv, I wouldn't go through the bother of learning Linux just to run eoserv. for the sake of an extra $5 I'd get a windows server

@program What server you using? Are you having trouble connecting to it or uploading a server?

Yeah sorry Callum, I say it for everyone just to hint that they should try new things before giving up if it saves money. Especially if all they are doing is running eoserv, since all they need is ftp access, not really anything you need to do. The only other thing you might need if you use an old mysql server is just run 2-3 lines of code to add yourself a remote database admin account.

Adding to what Wesly said, some linus distribution may not have sudo installed so if it says sudo cannot be found, type everything what wesly said but without the sudo part.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #203518 Re: adding server to vps

If your new to hosting a server I strongly recomend you go with what your used to. Since almost everyone is fimilar with Windows I would make sure to use that. 

@programmer can you give more info please so we can assist you better. 

*Are you having issues connecting to your sever desktop?

*Does your sever have a operating system installed? 

6 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #203526 Re: adding server to vps

Try Xygenhosting. It's the best vps ever.

6 years, 32 weeks ago
Post #203528 Re: adding server to vps

Thank you all i finally figured it out !

6 years, 32 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > adding server to vps