EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?
Page: << 1 >>
Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?
Post #203387 Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?

It seems to me like what has been created is a tremendously NEW and INTERESTING idea that we haven't seen in EO before. I feel like the owner has put enough work into the server / mod that it deserves some recognition because it's a pretty big contribution to the community. Just my opinion.

6 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #203388 Re: Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?

Alot of people may have not tried it out yet. 

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
6 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #203389 Re: Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?

You're joking right? Sob has contributed for a long time now and you're only just noticing now that there's a release that requires you lot to do absolutely nothing to setup.

I just think it's a shame someone has to go through all the effort to get some appreciation, what happened to when people got some gratitude for taking the time to release anything.

6 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #203390 Re: Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?
callum posted: (26th Jun 2017, 07:23 pm)

You're joking right? Sob has contributed for a long time now and you're only just noticing now that there's a release that requires you lot to do absolutely nothing to setup.

I just think it's a shame someone has to go through all the effort to get some appreciation, what happened to when people got some gratitude for taking the time to release anything.

Ill try it out just for you and make a long post talking about it since you're so passionate about it.
---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
6 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #203396 Re: Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?
callum posted: (26th Jun 2017, 07:23 pm)

I made a post asking why it wasn't receiving attention, and you replied to me with a fiery,  semi-passionate remark pretty much asking the same question. 
6 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #203397 Re: Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?

I think most people lurking around the forums won't really need something like this, it's more for some new straggler to land on our shores, to have something to play with!

On a side note, EIM now has a little brother - EPKM - a minimalist PK version of EIM (missing the majority of the island stuff and replaced with some global PK systems, different data files etc). Download links are in the usual place if needed.

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
6 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #203399 Re: Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?

I played a very small bit of the server a few months back, but wasn't really able to play to its full potential since I'm on windows 10 with a graphics card that makes EO unplayable. >__< However, what I have played of the server, it was a very interesting idea. I liked it, though I feel as though the main island your home is on initially could have been worked out a bit better. The first map it's a really small island, then every map after it seems like the water is drying out and there's more and more land showing up, which is weird on its own, but then you also add in different trees and rocks that are also moved to different random places.

Other than that, which is a pretty small issue, the game was really great. It was something new. You actually had something to strive for rather than just run around and kill things. Really sad that I couldn't play more of it, but I can't even play EO at all right now. \:

6 years, 40 weeks ago
Post #203401 Re: Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?
Acemasta posted: (28th Jun 2017, 09:30 am)

I played a very small bit of the server a few months back, but wasn't really able to play to its full potential since I'm on windows 10 with a graphics card that makes EO unplayable. >__< However, what I have played of the server, it was a very interesting idea. I liked it, though I feel as though the main island your home is on initially could have been worked out a bit better. The first map it's a really small island, then every map after it seems like the water is drying out and there's more and more land showing up, which is weird on its own, but then you also add in different trees and rocks that are also moved to different random places.

Other than that, which is a pretty small issue, the game was really great. It was something new. You actually had something to strive for rather than just run around and kill things. Really sad that I couldn't play more of it, but I can't even play EO at all right now. \:

Yeah! I actually mapped out the resource nodes on the 1st map, and copied that map for every other, so those ones didn't move, but then during our online testing phase, we noticed a lack in resources when a few people were on the same stage, so I added in a bunch more, however, because I had to do this manually to each map individually, I ended up just spawning them in random spots, which likely was a bad idea for immersion. I might have another round at aligning them across phases at some stage.

Not sure about this though? - "The first map it's a really small island, then every map after it seems like the water is drying out and there's more and more land showing up"

As the island only grows in land-mass one time, during the island upgrade quest entitled "Expansion", where it tells you that is what is going to happen and sends you to collect a lot of rocks etc for it. Every other phase is only messing with the island's contents, and the outline of the island does not shrink or grow! Though this could be down to the above about the resource nodes being in different spots, making it seem like it has, or down to the docks being added on one of the phases, as that stretches out a little in to the sea. Can check the map files if you like though! Or download it and edit them up to sync nicely for me, or for you!

Also, the island itself is more just a place to hang out and get organised (once completed), the rest of the world is quite large, and there is many things to do that are more traditional EO style, boss killing for drops, gear crafting, exploring, farming gold etc etc. I'm adding in some more content for the world itself in the coming DevBlogs as well, starting with repeatable daily boss quests and the main story-line quest (coming 1.1), and progressing in to adding content for the other towns etc (1.2), then working on new island expansions to explore and quest on etc through the Sea Chart system (1.3). Mapping tends to slow me down or all this would be much faster!

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
6 years, 40 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Why isn't EIM getting more recognition / appraise?