EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Endless Island Modification (EIM) - Release
Page: << 1 2 >>
Endless Island Modification (EIM) - Release
Post #203426 Re: Endless Island Modification (EIM) - Release
Hacker_Alex posted: (29th Jun 2017, 09:47 pm)

what is a modification really? do you mean you've forked off the EOServ source? I feel modification is the wrong word to use here. It makes me feel like you changed something major with the game, but you haven't really because the client is unchanged. It's more like you've added new features, rather than modify existing ones.

Silliness...

"what is a modification really?" - modification

noun

the action of modifying something.

modify

verb

make partial or minor changes to (something).

"do you mean you've forked off the EOServ source?" - No, I don't nor did I imply, say or write that... where did you get that from?

"I feel modification is the wrong word to use here." - Take your feels to the dictionary and debate the fact with it, not me.

"It makes me feel like you changed something major with the game, but you haven't really" - I really have, go and play on a default EOSERV, on the single map with nothing to do if you don't think I've modified anything.

"because the client is unchanged" - What has the client got to do with it? So what if the client hasn't been modified, does that equal some kind of conclusion to you? Perhaps you could re-read my original post whereby I don't claim it's a modification of EOSERV's source, nor do I claim that it's a modification of EO's client, I tell people quite accurately what it is, so again, what exactly are you talking about? Things that I've not said, haven't been written or done?

Confused...

"It's more like you've added new features, rather than modify existing ones" - I haven't added any new features to EOSERV, so which additional features are you referring to? I have modified the data files (pubs), and added a whole bunch of content that can be pasted on to a fresh EOSERV, hence, a mod for EOSERV, not a mod of EOSERV...

Regardless, why are we even having a debate over the word used, when the word has been used accurately? "Noun - the action of modifying something." Constructive criticism of a name is pretty weak-sauce to be providing, maybe try focusing your efforts on the content of it, rather than the name of it.

On a side note to everyone else -

EIM 1.1 was released and went live on our main branch server 30 minutes ago.

EIM DevBlog: 5

30/06/2017

[+] Added Treasure Island Map. 

[+] Added daily job boards for "doing the rounds" on bosses, to Arcadia Square.

[+] Added Old Ben - treasure hunt quest - introduction to better gear above legendary. 

[+] Added new resource Exaltium. 

[+] Added Legendary < Exaltium accessories upgrade to Shrine in Dark Island. 

[+] Added randomising daily quest system with 18 possible quest targets / rewards in one script. 

[?] Quest possible targets: Collect resources - clay, wood or stone. Collect animal parts - meat, eyes, bones or claws. Collect money - 2000, 5000, 7500 or 10000. Kill monsters - werewolf, puppet, vampire or vampiress. Recover items, gnome doll, gnome hat or golem stone.

[?] Quest possible rewards: EXP + EXP, Coins + EXP or Exaltium + EXP in varying amounts.

[+] Added 11 NPCs split between 3 towns with the randomised quest system.

For anyone interested in the new scripts -

Treasure Island: https://pastebin.com/bzpTuWt1

Daily Assistance Randomised: https://pastebin.com/mi4qWA5K

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
6 years, 39 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Endless Island Modification (EIM) - Release