EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 >>
Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Post #203251 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Just because there's a bunch of hoarded names doesn't mean people don't use their real emails. And with millions of accounts, it'll make for one hell of a mass email push once fully completed. Im also a marketer, so regardless of shit everyone wants to talk, I can bring this game to 10k players online at a time. If not more.

PS: Callum: You and I obviously aren't talking about the same database. Or you're covering it up either way, we both or at least I KNOW for a FACT that someone got the ENTIRE EO database just before the reset. It was the ENTIRE reason for the reset in the first place and either know it and wont admit it or you're obviously WAY out of the loop. My best guess is Sausage or Sickshot, hence my offer.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203252 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

But my question is why all the interest in have a exact clone if you are willing to pay money out. For example my game is not a clone and built from scratch nothing to do with Endless Online. And it has many more features that Endless Online does not have. However it does have alot of simularities to it. And in the future if i wanted to add a feature or something i will easily be able to add it. However with a clone you are able to only add so much. And on top of this everyone has the coding so you are more prone to hackers and cheaters. So why not just make your own game. You can even make it just like EO if you wanted to. To make a game just like EO outside of sprites which you could easily create your self. You would only be paying maybe around $300.00 for all your coding if you were to go with unity and purchase the right coding assets. Yes you may be right about the e-mail thing. However most people change their e-mails over time and look how long it has been since the good ol days of EO i dont even remember what my e-mail was back then. Also it is so easy to send mail to spam if you get it.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203253 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

I have my own standalone client, the functionalities and possibilities that can be added to with EOServ are "endless" *pun intended*. Everyone else is limited to what the original EO client can do. I can do anything as I have Cascades custom source client catered towards the EOServ packet decoder. I can add any new feature that noone in this forum or server has been able to do before because everyone is too lazy to move on a new client.

I appreciate everyone concerns, but this was directed to the owner of EOServ, yet the only responses im receiving are flack and bullshit comments about what I should and shouldn't do. Thanks for your concern but i'll spend my money how I like.

This EOServ project and SLN projects are splitting everyone apart, when they could all be brought back together with something MUCH better than these copies of the same game over and over again.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203254 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Yes but some people do enjoy having their own private servers to play. I know at one time i did. I even did alot of stuff on here helping with coding and such. However i decided to go my own way due to only being able to do so much with a private server. However that was a long time ago. And i do not even remember what i used to go by back then. However you have to remember as well. That nobody thinks the same way everyone else does either and they might like things the way they are. If that wasn't the case then everyone would be on one massive team. And i have seen a few massive teams come through here creating their own private servers. However their is long spans of time that i disappear and i do not know whats going on until i come back. 

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203255 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Tinichi posted: (17th Jun 2017, 04:08 pm)

Yes but some people do enjoy having their own private servers to play. I know at one time i did. I even did alot of stuff on here helping with coding and such. However i decided to go my own way due to only being able to do so much with a private server. However that was a long time ago. And i do not even remember what i used to go by back then. However you have to remember as well. That nobody thinks the same way everyone else does either and they might like things the way they are. If that wasn't the case then everyone would be on one massive team. And i have seen a few massive teams come through here creating their own private servers. However their is long spans of time that i disappear and i do not know whats going on until i come back. 

They can still play their own servers, but it will be just like Runescape the original servers will have the majority of players. And with my changes, we will no longer have to play on a server with 30 people all day long. Boring as fuck and a waste of VPS space if you ask me personally. Sure people like the status quo, but that's not gonna make thing better for this game. And unless they're dirty as fuck and the admins are selling in game items to the players, they are losing massive amounts of money cause i guarantee these little kids aren't making donations to keep that VPS running.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203256 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Yes however a person is able to create there own dedicated servers and from there they do not have to pay hosting fees. Most major games do this and they do this so they do not have to pay hosting fees its a waste of money. In a month i will be buying a whole new pc it will be where the servers for my game will be on so that way i do not lose any money paying someone else for hosting my game. My game will be a free game. However their will be a online mall where certain things are able to be bought if you do not wan't to earn these items in game. However specific items will retire each month as well. This will be done for alot of different reasons. Also i have plans for the game to be cross platformed as well.

As far as hosting a private server goes when i had my private server i hosted mine myself and i didn't pay anybody. And i am pretty sure most people do the same thing. Why spend any money if you do not have to.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203257 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Tinichi posted: (17th Jun 2017, 04:33 pm)

Yes however a person is able to create there own dedicated servers and from there they do not have to pay hosting fees. Most major games do this and they do this so they do not have to pay hosting fees its a waste of money. In a month i will be buying a whole new pc it will be where the servers for my game will be on so that way i do not lose any money paying someone else for hosting my game. My game will be a free game. However their will be a online mall where certain things are able to be bought if you do not wan't to earn these items in game. However specific items will retire each month as well. This will be done for alot of different reasons. Also i have plans for the game to be cross platformed as well.

As far as hosting a private server goes when i had my private server i hosted mine myself and i didn't pay anybody. And i am pretty sure most people do the same thing. Why spend any money if you do not have to.

You obviously don't get it. You're still paying hardware costs, internet costs, which will throttle your bandwidth after 50 players log on, on a regular fiber line. You then have maintenance costs, and server configuration which goes over the heads of 90% of the people on this forum or game in general. The internet costs to be able to handle more than 50 players is beyond expensive. You think it's some walk in the park to get your own hardware and build a server, sure it maybe be easy to host a game with 50 players, but try hosting a game with 10k players online. Not even Sausage can pull that off. You're talking about 3-5 thousand dollars a month to host a VPS that can handle ANYWHERE CLOSE to 10000 players online at one time.
6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203259 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Thats always part of running a game. However private server's are not meant to be treated as a full blown game either. The thing is if you are running a private server you have to be willing to spend out of your own pocket with the results of not making any money. Because when you start making money off of someone elses work your opening yourself up for lawsuits. Thats why it is always easier to just make your own game. Where you can make as much as you wan't and in the end everything pretty much pay's for itself. With a clone you can not go on kickstarter and ask for funds for your game. However a new game can go ask for a mil will you get it or not however could be a whole different story.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203260 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

I'm not giving out the database to anyone @callum, and neither should Sausage although to everyone's surprise Sausage has already leaked a few accounts and passwords, so who knows maybe he will take the money.

I don't believe Xeon's story and neither should you, Spamming a bunch of email addresses just sounds like a dirty tactic and as everyone else has said, with 100k money you could easily make a fresh whole new game, why bother?

I'd just close this thread but most of this community likes to do the opposite of what i say so hey.

---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203261 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

I couldn't give two shits if you believe my story or not, I didn't ask for your opinion. And that 100k is here for the taking, but I want the full database and you're by far the most incompitent script kiddie i've ever met. I remember when you were 12 years old and thought you were hot shit with a server filled with the worst graphics i've ever seen in my life. And I have plenty of money and I certainly would not buy shit from you. My offer was to  Sausage. I don't even believe you have the database. So again unless Sausage is the one responding to me, why not just butt out and mind your own business

Cracks me up this script kiddie says he has the database that was hacked by one person via vultrs hosting company and a phone call. You are far too stupid to pull off a hack like that.

As a sign of good faith, I will gladly put the 100k in escrow to show you I have it and am interested. That offer goes to Sausage, not you Ele cause you don't have shit besides words.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203262 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Cascade's client and server have an entirely unique packet structure and data structure. The main problem you will have even with a pocket full of monopoly money is the EO database is vastly different from the EOSERV format, EOSERV is vastly different from the EOR format, and there is no way you will get any return on your hypothetical investment. Realistically, if you have Cascade's source code, then you should have his other assets such as server code and data tools. If that is the case, you should just launch a new version based on EOR. I personally think you are a buffoon because that is the kind of investment that either starts a business or is a down payment on a home, not some on life support game from 15 years ago.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203263 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

I never asked for an ROI. Im investing in the EO community with my own money and my programmers have ALREADY changed the packet structure of Cascades client to interact fully with EOServ. Thanks for telling me something I already know tho Apollo.

Cascade would not sell me his server or database, because he didn't want to compromise his own and his players passwords. And I couldn't offer him a million dollars to sell his server. Only thing I was able to buy from Cascade was his client.

And that's your opinion, but maybe one day when you have more money than you can ever spend, you'll change your world views. Im not in it for the money, im in it to make this game active again and with new features that were never possible before. But the plan specifically hinges on having that stolen database with close to a million accounts and emails to bring them back.

My money is on the table, he'd be stupid to pass it up. And if not i'll just hire someone to hack his VPS and get the database anyway. So it's one way or the other.

Arguments could be made that it was your team that put this game on life support in the first place.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203264 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Cascade would only have to change password hashing on the server end. Seems like a lame excuse, and he is smart enough to know that.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203265 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

If you say so....

I've been playing EO Clone from the Cascades upgraded client for the last week without even a hiccup.

And if you truly believe that changing the password hashing could keep an experienced hacker from cracking ever password on that database, you obviously know nothing of hacking my friend.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203266 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

YouTube video or it didn't happen.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post