EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 >>
Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Post #203233 Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

I'm willing to pay between $5000-6000 to Sausage for the entire EO Clone database and server reconfigured for my VPS and shutdown on yours. No offense, but I have some ideas of my own that i'd like to add and I don't work well with others.

I would also be willing to pay $6000+ if the above isn't possible and someone wants to make me clone og Cascades EOR custom client and server with all of the exact same features, pets, bank market, etc, etc, etc.

I can pay however you like, but I would prefer an escrow service to ensure the protection of both the buyer and seller.

Best,

Re-Pr0grammer

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203234 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Don't get me wrong. And i do believe but am not 100% percent sure. But i do believe that if you are spending money and then trying to make money off of a private server than you will be possibly opening your self up for lawsuits from the original developer. How ever i may not be 100% percent correct on this as well. However with $6,000 wouldn't it be better to create your own game from scratch. For that price you could go with unity and purchase some assets and have a nice game with the features you are wanting. And it will be 100% your's. For that price you could even pay for some decent coders to code what you need and even pay a artist for some sprite work if you are wanting to go 2d. Anyways you can reach me on Discord my user is tinichi#5200 if you want to chat.

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203235 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Your better off building something completely different away from EO.  Build your game from the ground up so all assets will be yours, not vult's.  It breaks you away from potential lawsuits like the poster above mentioned.  I'd be more inclined to play a brand new game, based off of EO.

Also unsure how people think, but personally i'd play an EO clone built by Sausage simply because people trust him, they know him, and he's never really given any one a reason to think otherwise (Co owned by another known person, Sordie and Blo)

If the server was handed over to some random that no one knows, well shit.  Might as well go join Elevation's server instead...

Point is, stop wasting your money on useless shit, and go buy something worth while, or put the money into putting together an amazing development team, and build something based off of EO.  I can't even begin to imagine how drunk you might have been when you posted this, willing to pay 6k for a private server that uses graphics and a client built by another person without a client source, is ridiculous.

You sir have earned yourself a stupidity award.

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203238 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

$6000? That's nothing compared to the fact it took 8 years to develop a server with almost all game features. Sorry for offensive-like tone though, no intention to harm you in any way :)

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203239 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Fine, you want a real offer, $100k escrow service of his choice. No paypal bullshit. Non compete clause required.

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203241 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Someone just needs to block this troll. He obviously doesn't have the money. If you have 100k to spend for a EO clone please go hire a team an build a new game hell a 3D game 

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203242 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Jimmyee posted: (17th Jun 2017, 10:44 am)

$6000? That's nothing compared to the fact it took 8 years to develop a server with almost all game features. Sorry for offensive-like tone though, no intention to harm you in any way :)

Thanks for the response Jimmyee, Im willing to negotiate. Tell him to name a number that he would part with his life work for. I will accommodate just about any number he can throw at me and we'll do it the right way with an escrow service that will put his mind at ease that it's impossible to reclaim unlike paypal payments. I already have a custom client, so that's not needed. Could use a developer or two familiar with EOServ decoded packets that would be paid extremely well for ongoing support and adminship if said deal is possible. And im not trolling, I have the money to revive this game through marketing and new features and functionality with a new client. Alot of old players won't like the idea of expansion, but it's the only way you'll ever see 10k players online at one time, and I can make that happen. I mean honestly though, 8 years and a lot to show for it, but 30 players online at all times, seems like the biggest waste of 8 years i've ever heard of. His VPS can't handle much more load. I can understand that too, but mine can and i'm offering him a way to still be a part of all of it, including development, but under new ownership and marketing. Plus he can save money too by taking down that VPS that couldn't handle 200 players without DDoSing itself.

As for the above mentioned comments, Im not worried about infringement lawsuits from the Netherlands. Our US attorneys office will laugh. 

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203243 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

If you couldn't tell, Xeon is my original account just couldn't remember the password until today.

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203244 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
ReProgrammer posted: (17th Jun 2017, 01:49 pm)

Fine, you want a real offer, $100k escrow service of his choice. No paypal bullshit. Non compete clause required.

$100,000 For a beat up database, & a server with 30 people online.

Outta here with these lies.

---
Why am I still here...
6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203245 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Call me a liar, call me an idiot, call me a troll, I don't care. Doesn't bother me. Im simply doing what I do. I revive games just like this and make them tycoons. As I said, there's gonna be plenty of people afraid of change, but change is what's going to bring you a new player base and change will also bring you a VPS that could easily handle 100k players online without even a hiccup.

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203246 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Elevations has a copy of it and he'd do anything for a few bucks, probably sell you it for like $50.

Eoserv comes setup with most of the clone shit done, just make your own configs for it

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203247 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
callum posted: (17th Jun 2017, 03:22 pm)

Elevations has a copy of it and he'd do anything for a few bucks, probably sell you it for like $50.

Eoserv comes setup with most of the clone shit done, just make your own configs for it

That's not what i'm after, sure I the full rights and control of the EOServ project taken over by my team and hosted on my VPS, but what I really want is access to the original database that predates eoserv. And I know he has it. The one with millions of characters and millions of accounts created on it. 

With it I can do a mass email marketing campaign and bring the playerbase back to life, especially with my new client.

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203248 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Xeon posted: (17th Jun 2017, 03:26 pm)

callum posted: (17th Jun 2017, 03:22 pm)

That's not what i'm after, sure I the full rights and control of the EOServ project taken over by my team and hosted on my VPS, but what I really want is access to the original database that predates eoserv. And I know he has it. The one with millions of characters and millions of accounts created on it. 

You mean the one with like 38k accounts, 50k chats and about 300 legit accounts? Can't take you for real
6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203249 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post

Im talking about Vult-rs original database that was hacked stolen and corrupted by someone we both know. 

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203250 Re: Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post
Xeon posted: (17th Jun 2017, 03:30 pm)

Im talking about Vult-rs original database that was hacked stolen and corrupted by someone we both know. 

I know which one you're on about, the one RESET in 2012 and filled with hoarded names.
6 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 5 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Willing to pay up to $6000 - please read post