EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Endless Online Awaken (last change: 4/24/2018)
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Endless Online Awaken (last change: 4/24/2018)
Post #203195 Re: Endless Online Awaken
insomniac posted: (27th May 2017, 04:22 pm)

Didnt you start a client with sdl a while back and if so what happened?

Also if you come across any problems I might be able to help my client is about 75% complete CLIENT  basicly to the hardcoded crap, quest system,chest and prolly going to redo the inventory I dont like the grid based size system "why have a weight then"?? Also thank you for the open source code's "ESSENCE" :D you've submitted on EOSERV you had most of the packet structures networking already done...helped me out a bunch!!

You're welcome! 
"why have a weight then" backpack size is one thing and item's weight is another ;)

I haven't been working with SDL but SFML and I still do :) I don't even remember what was the issue that stopped me from coding :)

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203196 Re: Endless Online Awaken
Apollo posted: (27th May 2017, 09:41 pm)

Jimmyee posted: (26th May 2017, 07:18 pm)

Avdo posted: (26th May 2017, 06:27 pm)

Nice to see you do it Jimmyee!
Hope it keeps you entertained.

It's definitely my passion :D We've got few things done, you will see the changelog soon. I have everything I need to create a client now. It just needs to be coded well.
I wonder why does Apollo -1 people expressing their joy ;)

Sausage's house rules (see 2.1 and 2.4). Anyway, I need to throw my hat back in the client making cool kids club, but damn playing Zelda BotW was fun. I think I will start from scratch and build it starting at handling all the packet communications, then build a structured, clean format that is easy to interpret should I ever say the hell with this and pass it into the community. 

God bless you.

The "rest" of the community would really appreciate that... 

---
#yolomoto
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203197 Re: Endless Online Awaken
Jimmyee posted: (27th May 2017, 10:16 pm)

insomniac posted: (27th May 2017, 04:22 pm)

Didnt you start a client with sdl a while back and if so what happened?

Also if you come across any problems I might be able to help my client is about 75% complete CLIENT  basicly to the hardcoded crap, quest system,chest and prolly going to redo the inventory I dont like the grid based size system "why have a weight then"?? Also thank you for the open source code's "ESSENCE" :D you've submitted on EOSERV you had most of the packet structures networking already done...helped me out a bunch!!

You're welcome! 
"why have a weight then" backpack size is one thing and item's weight is another ;)

I haven't been working with SDL but SFML and I still do :) I don't even remember what was the issue that stopped me from coding :)

I guess your right if you picture it as a backpack. Just because you can hold 255 pounds doesnt mean you can fit it all in your bag :P
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203198 Re: Endless Online Awaken

Over the years I've seen so many attempts and so many different variations of custom made clients.

I forget who but even a couple years ago some made a browser based client that was based off of EO. (It never got done but it was pretty damn cool)

I'd really like to see someone actually complete a client. Sausage even said he's working on one at the moment but that was a couple months back so who knows. I wish you luck though jimmyee, you're definitely one of the guys that can make it happen!

---
Why am I still here...
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203199 Re: Endless Online Awaken

No one will ever complete a client would be my guess, but we can start one every so often and work on it till we are bored. I am not sure the community would benefit unless we rebrand everything into an EO based isometric mmorpg toolkit. Another possibility is to keep the communication channels open between developers to share ideas and better ways of handling things. This might be enough to motivate one or all of us to finish. One major thing to address is how to handle hard-coded portions of EO. There literally is no right answer to that.

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203200 Re: Endless Online Awaken
Apollo posted: (28th May 2017, 04:49 pm)

No one will ever complete a client would be my guess, but we can start one every so often and work on it till we are bored. I am not sure the community would benefit unless we rebrand everything into an EO based isometric mmorpg toolkit. Another possibility is to keep the communication channels open between developers to share ideas and better ways of handling things. This might be enough to motivate one or all of us to finish. One major thing to address is how to handle hard-coded portions of EO. There literally is no right answer to that.

I mean, the best way in my opinion would be to handle the hardcoded stuff with new data files for NPC/effect alignment and other things of that nature. It'd require a new or modified data editor, unless it was just an EDF file formatted in a fun way. Then all the client distributor would have to do is set those special data files with all the values from EO, and you have a client ready to emulate EO while also open to modification.

I guess this could also be included in reworked pub files, but that might involve changing the network protocol more than some would be comfortable with. To be fair, some packets will already absolutely need to be changed serverside if the client is to avoid the max file size variable overflow nonsense with pub file and map file downloads.

Anyway, better community interaction and cooperation on projects like this would go a long way.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203201 Re: Endless Online Awaken

You overcomplicate things and I'll prove you that sooner or later.

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203202 Re: Endless Online Awaken
Jimmyee posted: (29th May 2017, 04:16 pm)

You overcomplicate things and I'll prove you that sooner or later.

DAM Man you bring my hopes up so freaking much!
---
#yolomoto
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203203 Re: Endless Online Awaken

EO graphics aren't rationally created. They aren't kept to any standard etcetc... There's no real order at all. Of course - there are advantages of it but I prefer to avoid these files.

EDIT 07-06-17:

I have began to work on the GUI and this is what I have done so far. Animated buttons :) Please let me know if you like the button padding (the grey lighting around):

http://imgur.com/a/JHzxf

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203218 Re: Endless Online Awaken (last change: 08-06-2017)

Good to see some pictures of the GUI.

Any updates recently Jimmyee?

---
Why am I still here...
6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203219 Re: Endless Online Awaken (last change: 08-06-2017)

Yeah, I'll just post more screenshots xD

By the way, these forms already work like they should ;)

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203220 Re: Endless Online Awaken (last change: 08-06-2017)

Looks good! I've been watching intently for updates any plans to make this cross platform?

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203221 Re: Endless Online Awaken (last change: 08-06-2017)
Drewbob posted: (13th Jun 2017, 01:07 pm)

Looks good! I've been watching intently for updates any plans to make this cross platform?

Yes sir. It seems to be obvious to make software cross-platform these days :)

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203222 Re: Endless Online Awaken (last change: 08-06-2017)

Awesome! Sounds like a plan

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203223 Re: Endless Online Awaken (last change: 08-06-2017)
Apollo posted: (27th May 2017, 09:41 pm)

Jimmyee posted: (26th May 2017, 07:18 pm)

Avdo posted: (26th May 2017, 06:27 pm)

Nice to see you do it Jimmyee!
Hope it keeps you entertained.

It's definitely my passion :D We've got few things done, you will see the changelog soon. I have everything I need to create a client now. It just needs to be coded well.
I wonder why does Apollo -1 people expressing their joy ;)

Sausage's house rules (see 2.1 and 2.4). Anyway, I need to throw my hat back in the client making cool kids club, but damn playing Zelda BotW was fun. I think I will start from scratch and build it starting at handling all the packet communications, then build a structured, clean format that is easy to interpret should I ever say the hell with this and pass it into the community. 

Remember: don't insist on yourself that you have any must ;) Or insist if you really want to. Thanks for the info though. I still think that guys add something to the discussion since they add their excitement and it's constructive because you can obtain really positive attitude reading these posts and/or appreciate this forum more. It's important in my opinion. We should let more positivity here since this place is not much active :)

Anyway (this is to everyone), sorry but I prefer to keep some details about the project private and I'm not going to share everything I do at the moment and everything I plan. You know the general plan already :) 

I guarantee weekly updates though.

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Endless Online Awaken (last change: 4/24/2018)