EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Endless Online Awaken (last change: 4/24/2018)
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Endless Online Awaken (last change: 4/24/2018)
Post #203180 Endless Online Awaken (last change: 4/24/2018)

Hi. This is probably my 3rd time creating an EO client clone. 2 times I have got bored by never ending errors. Life has caused me to accept the fact that there's contrast in everything and that errors may never completely disappear. So... I'm going to work in C++ programming language with SFML library support. I'm not sure about the GUI yet but it will clarify upon the time. This page is to show you and myself progress I'm making. There's so many goals that I'll not be writing about them. Anyway, I'll write about things that are done :P + the fact that goals may change in time.
I can say for sure that I'll not be using the original EO data files, including GFX files. I'll be updating this page every week even if there's no progress. I'll make as much as I can anyways :)

Cheers and have a nice day :)

BTW I hope that this thread won't be marked as useless since this forum is not much active at all.

[4/24/2018]

This project has evolved into a new game.

Please see this website for news, updates and stuff: http://foreverlasting.co.nf/

Game download: http://blo.ski/~jimmyee/download/FLO/Patcher.rar

Please note: there's probability that this project is going to be continued.

http://eoawaken.co.nf/

Changelog:

[5/24/2017]
- Project "Endless Online Awaken" has been created.

[5/31/2017]

- SFML library imported

- config file support

- network client, classes for managing packet data taken from EOServ

- minimal handling of packets: init, ping

- TGUI library imported

- support for EO data files (ECF, EIF, EMF, ENF, ESF), code taken from EOServ (:

- created repository @ GitHub: https://github.com/Jimmyee/Endless-Online-Awaken

Since I use code from EOServ, I''ve decided to share my code too. Have fun x)

[6/8/2017]

- switched from TGUI to Dear ImGui library

- class for loading graphic files and texture storage

- animated buttons x)

- GUI support for start screen and login box

[6/17/2017]
- account creation feature
- very simple character list (the list after login), only nicknames of characters are displayed

- fixed some connection bugs related to socket and packet processor

- support for popup messages of one type (there seems to be few types in the EO's GUI graphics)

[6/27/2017]

- validation of text fields during account creation and login

- 2 types of a modal popup message

- popup messages for errors and things that went good

- exit button x) (the one in upper-right corner)

- main menu avatars

- very simple chat (public chat only)

- few new packet handlers

[7/4/2017]

Development was paused due to lack of the time, which has been dedicated to work on EOBot.

https://github.com/Jimmyee/Endless-Online-Bot

[7/13/2017]

- map rendering of 5 layers

- map cursor

- initial code for character rendering

[7/22/2017]

- a big part of the code is being rewritten. Switching to other graphics library.

[7/31/2017]
- writing the whole code from scratch, gonna take some time ^.-

[8/9/2017]

- nothing exciting enough to mention at the moment

[9/21/2017]

So yeah... I've been working on my game engine from scratch last days... We will have new server engine for it also. I've just finished base for packet handling.

[12/14/2017]

New features (for both client and server):

- account creation

- login

- character creation/deletion

- simple map of 2 layers

- character (only able to turn around now, more abilities to come obviously)

- very simple chat (public chat only)

[1/12/2018]

- character walk feature

Pre-alpha version 0.0.1 is available for testing.

Downloads at the bottom of this post :)

- welcome message

- support for ground and object tile layers

From now I'm gonna upload a patch for latest version so you don't have to download/unpack all the files everytime :) Just unpack files from the latest patch to your game folder.

- NPCs; functions: turn around, walk

- wall tile attribute for maps

- character speed regulation for walking and turning around (server-side)

[1/16/2018]

- character walk optimized

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203181 Re: Endless Online Awaken

Cool! I'll be keeping an eye on your project. Interest in further developing the community is always welcome as far as I'm concerned.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203182 Re: Endless Online Awaken

Hey man good luck.Interested.

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203183 Re: Endless Online Awaken

Very interesting and ambitious idea, will be keeping a close eye on this thread. If you need any assistance let me know what I can do to assist. 

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203184 Re: Endless Online Awaken

Thanks for support and appreciation :) I'll let you know when I need any assistance. For now, it's just network client and I can test it even without an external server :)

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203185 Re: Endless Online Awaken

:D

−1 Please don't chat speak and add something to the conversation or else do not post. --Apollo 6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203186 Re: Endless Online Awaken

>:D

---
My skins dying because you're under it-
I’m done lying to myself for this.
For all the wonder in believing man it’s making me weak-
I’ll fade away & classify myself as Obsolete!
−1 Please don't chat speak and add something to the conversation or else do not post. --Apollo 6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203187 Re: Endless Online Awaken

>: ]

---
stay tuned.
6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203188 Re: Endless Online Awaken

Nice to see you do it Jimmyee!
Hope it keeps you entertained.
---
#yolomoto
6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203189 Re: Endless Online Awaken
Avdo posted: (26th May 2017, 06:27 pm)

It's definitely my passion :D We've got few things done, you will see the changelog soon. I have everything I need to create a client now. It just needs to be coded well.
I wonder why does Apollo -1 people expressing their joy ;)
6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203190 Re: Endless Online Awaken
Jimmyee posted: (24th May 2017, 08:58 am)

2 times I have got bored by never ending errors. Life has caused me to accept the fact that there's contrast in everything and that errors may never completely disappear.

Some people (me being one of them) believe that meaningful test coverage will make errors disappear ;)

Some unsolicited advice:

- Don't focus on tweaking the little stuff if you're still missing major features, get to "minimum viable product" before you try and re-write everything.

- I'd also suggest familiarizing yourself with SOLID design as well - my first attempt of my client could have benefited from that and might actually have been completed if I'd known those concepts going in.

Best of luck. It can be exhausting when the community is so small and the payoff is virtually non-existent.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203191 Re: Endless Online Awaken

I might throw my hat in on this depending on how my irl projects wrap up. Working on creating a lot of poster art for a project that I've been pushing back for 3-4 years now.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203192 Re: Endless Online Awaken
ethanmoffat posted: (27th May 2017, 12:38 am)

Jimmyee posted: (24th May 2017, 08:58 am)

2 times I have got bored by never ending errors. Life has caused me to accept the fact that there's contrast in everything and that errors may never completely disappear.

Some people (me being one of them) believe that meaningful test coverage will make errors disappear ;)

Some unsolicited advice:

- Don't focus on tweaking the little stuff if you're still missing major features, get to "minimum viable product" before you try and re-write everything.

- I'd also suggest familiarizing yourself with SOLID design as well - my first attempt of my client could have benefited from that and might actually have been completed if I'd known those concepts going in.

Best of luck. It can be exhausting when the community is so small and the payoff is virtually non-existent.

Thanks for your advices :) "get to "minimum viable product" before you try and re-write everything" Yeah, I have acknowledged that one already when I've been rewriting the code few times before I even reached basic functionality of it. Throughout years I have learned that everything depends on our thoughts, on the way we think and on our beliefs so... Everything in life, including programming will change if you change your beliefs/get aware of the beliefs you hold on to but nevermind. For this moment, I know everything I need to create this client. I've been experimenting much with reading EO data files, rendering graphics, gathered much knowledge about networking during the time I've been working on EOBot...

Anyway, I have downloaded and opened your client - it crashes and freezes often even on the login screen so I'm not going to go "deeper" in it seeing those issues ;) Good work with GUI anyway, it looks same as original EO client :)
Cheers!

EDIT: oh, by the way:
"It can be exhausting when the community is so small and the payoff is virtually non-existent" these factors don't determine how I feel or think about the project anymore. I create just for the sake of creation. I'm living my passion because I'm passionate of it and I don't need anyone to prove me it's worth focusing on it and doing it.

6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203193 Re: Endless Online Awaken

Didnt you start a client with sdl a while back and if so what happened?

Also if you come across any problems I might be able to help my client is about 75% complete CLIENT  basicly to the hardcoded crap, quest system,chest and prolly going to redo the inventory I dont like the grid based size system "why have a weight then"?? Also thank you for the open source code's "ESSENCE" :D you've submitted on EOSERV you had most of the packet structures networking already done...helped me out a bunch!!

6 years, 47 weeks ago
Post #203194 Re: Endless Online Awaken
Jimmyee posted: (26th May 2017, 07:18 pm)

Avdo posted: (26th May 2017, 06:27 pm)

It's definitely my passion :D We've got few things done, you will see the changelog soon. I have everything I need to create a client now. It just needs to be coded well.
I wonder why does Apollo -1 people expressing their joy ;)

Sausage's house rules (see 2.1 and 2.4). Anyway, I need to throw my hat back in the client making cool kids club, but damn playing Zelda BotW was fun. I think I will start from scratch and build it starting at handling all the packet communications, then build a structured, clean format that is easy to interpret should I ever say the hell with this and pass it into the community. 
6 years, 47 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Endless Online Awaken (last change: 4/24/2018)