EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Installing EOserv Onto a Host
Page: << 1 >>
Installing EOserv Onto a Host
Post #203162 Installing EOserv Onto a Host

So I know how to install EOserv on my computer, but I don't want to leave my computer on. I want a dedicated server for it. I have a host that runs a website right now through HostGator, and I have a Cpanel. I tried uploading the necessary pieces for it to work but I can't get it to fall all together like it should. I also, can't get it to run the proper programs from the directory that I'm using it doesn't interact with them when I click on it.  I know there is a better way to go about doing this.  Does anyone have any advice or a guide of sorts that pertains to the subject?

Thanks,

OverBakedToast 

6 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #203163 Re: Installing EOserv Onto a Host

Sounds like you're trying to install it on a file server which won't work because you won't be able to run the server from the web host. You'll need to get a Virtual Private Server, rather than a Web Host / Server. After you get a Virtual Private Server you can set it up the exact same way as you do on your home computer. I used KickAss VPS back when I hosted my server and had no issues

6 years, 50 weeks ago
Post #203164 Re: Installing EOserv Onto a Host

You're not installing eoserv, theirs nothing to install.

As for your issue, what you have is a file server or "Web host" that will only serve a website.

What you need is a dedicated server, or a VPS.  VPS is your best option as you can find extremely cheap one's.  http://www.hostgator.com/vps-hosting.  These plans are Linux, you can find a windows VPS but they will be more.  Or utilize wine on Ubuntu(Linux).

I'd suggest picking one that has good customer support, as you'll probably need help.

If you don't understand any of the terms such as VPS, dedicated server, Ubuntu, Linux, or wine simply google it.  If you still don't understand any of this, just don't run a server.

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203165 Re: Installing EOserv Onto a Host

I haven't touched it in a few weeks but if you want you can make an account at EOHost and inbox me your username/hostname and I'll activate it for you. It's pretty basic but it'll run vanilla eoserv (rev 535) straight out the box and offers flexible config updating, map and quest uploading and quest editing.

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203166 Re: Installing EOserv Onto a Host

Thanks you guys are awesome

I have a question though about a compile error: 

||=== Build: MYSQL in eoserv (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler) ===|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\commands\server.cpp||In function 'void Commands::ReloadMap(const std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char> >&, Character*)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\commands\server.cpp|42|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\commands\server.cpp|50|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp||In member function 'void Map::SpellGroup(Character*, short unsigned int)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp|2128|warning: unused variable 'displayhp' [-Wunused-variable]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp||In member function 'Character* Map::GetCharacterPID(unsigned int)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp|2638|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp||In member function 'Character* World::GetCharacterPID(unsigned int)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp|1113|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp||In member function 'const NPC_Data* World::GetNpcData(short int) const':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp|1156|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\quest.cpp|389|warning: unused parameter 'name' [-Wunused-parameter]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\handlers\item.cpp||In function 'void Handlers::Item_Get(Character*, PacketReader&)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\handlers\item.cpp|468|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

||warning: command line option '-std=c++14' is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'void Database::Connect(Database::Engine, const string&, short unsigned int, const string&, const string&, const string&)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|186|error: 'MYSQL_VERSION_ID' was not declared in this scope|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'void Database::Close()':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|261|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'Database_Result Database::Query(const char*, ...)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|523|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'std::__cxx11::string Database::Escape(const string&)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|561|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'bool Database::BeginTransaction()':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|660|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|52|warning: 'int sqlite_callback(void*, int, char**, char**)' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]|

||=== Build failed: 1 error(s), 14 warning(s) (1 minute(s), 16 second(s)) ===|

What do you sugest?

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203414 Re: Installing EOserv Onto a Host
overbakedtoast posted: (20th May 2017, 09:32 am)

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\commands\server.cpp||In function 'void Commands::ReloadMap(const std::vector<std::__cxx11::basic_string<char> >&, Character*)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\commands\server.cpp|42|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\commands\server.cpp|50|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp||In member function 'void Map::SpellGroup(Character*, short unsigned int)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp|2128|warning: unused variable 'displayhp' [-Wunused-variable]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp||In member function 'Character* Map::GetCharacterPID(unsigned int)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\map.cpp|2638|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp||In member function 'Character* World::GetCharacterPID(unsigned int)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp|1113|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp||In member function 'const NPC_Data* World::GetNpcData(short int) const':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\world.cpp|1156|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\quest.cpp|389|warning: unused parameter 'name' [-Wunused-parameter]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\handlers\item.cpp||In function 'void Handlers::Item_Get(Character*, PacketReader&)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\handlers\item.cpp|468|warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]|

||warning: command line option '-std=c++14' is valid for C++/ObjC++ but not for C|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'void Database::Connect(Database::Engine, const string&, short unsigned int, const string&, const string&, const string&)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|186|error: 'MYSQL_VERSION_ID' was not declared in this scope|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'void Database::Close()':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|261|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'Database_Result Database::Query(const char*, ...)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|523|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'std::__cxx11::string Database::Escape(const string&)':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|561|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp||In member function 'bool Database::BeginTransaction()':|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|660|warning: enumeration value 'SQLite' not handled in switch [-Wswitch]|

c:\eoserv-trunk-r535\trunk\src\database.cpp|52|warning: 'int sqlite_callback(void*, int, char**, char**)' defined but not used [-Wunused-function]|

What do you sugest?

What code have you changed? They will more then likely will need a bit more info to help 
6 years, 44 weeks ago
Post #203419 Re: Installing EOserv Onto a Host
Drewbob posted: (29th Jun 2017, 01:48 am)

overbakedtoast posted: (20th May 2017, 09:32 am)

What do you sugest?

What code have you changed? They will more then likely will need a bit more info to help 

he only has one error:

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Installing EOserv Onto a Host