Post #203107 need help with game showing online

I'm just testing things right now but I in my sln folder

SLN(BOOL) set to yes

SLNURL set as http://www.apollo-games.com/SLN/sln.php/

SLNHOST is my game name made through noip.com so its pretty much my ip

an I have my game uploaded through mediafire

an my SLNSITE is filled in

an I do have my ports forwarding

but its not showing my game on the online list any thing else I may need to do that anyone can think I'm missing

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203109 Re: need help with game showing online

check your error.log and post any relevent errors having to do with the sln!

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203110 Re: need help with game showing online

Confirm you are not using EOSource. For some reason they have the SLN list hard-coded. 

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203113 Re: need help with game showing online

I am using eosource 6.9

> (300) SLN Update Warning: Failed to check into EOSource because of socket failed.

my eoconfig is LANDOFLEGENDS.DDNS.NET an my SLNHOST is landoflegends(dot)ddns(dot)net is that how it should be

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203114 Re: need help with game showing online

Then stop using EOSource.

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203117 Re: need help with game showing online

it's probably trying to check into the sln on eosource's website

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203119 Re: need help with game showing online
Plako posted: (27th Apr 2017, 10:00 pm)

I am using eosource 6.9

> (300) SLN Update Warning: Failed to check into EOSource because of socket failed.

my eoconfig is LANDOFLEGENDS.DDNS.NET an my SLNHOST is landoflegends(dot)ddns(dot)net is that how it should be

Is your SLN Host exactly like that or with actual dots, like .ddns.net?
---
#yolomoto
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203120 Re: need help with game showing online

I think I said this already, but in case you missed it before EOSource has their own SLN list hard-coded into the executable. They removed the config read for it so basically they screwed anyone using EOSource because I am fairly certain it is no longer even supported. You can either use their hack ware or switch to EOSERV and request or search the forums for whatever features they had hacked in that you actually like. 

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203121 Re: need help with game showing online
Apollo posted: (29th Apr 2017, 05:52 pm)

I think I said this already, but in case you missed it before EOSource has their own SLN list hard-coded into the executable. They removed the config read for it so basically they screwed anyone using EOSource because I am fairly certain it is no longer even supported. You can either use their hack ware or switch to EOSERV and request or search the forums for whatever features they had hacked in that you actually like. 

Let's decompile eosource. With your ollydbg skills and my wit, I believe we can accomplish it.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203122 Re: need help with game showing online

It would be easier just to write in the features missing. I am sure nothing in that source code is hard to reproduce.

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203131 Re: need help with game showing online
Apollo posted: (29th Apr 2017, 08:19 pm)

It would be easier just to write in the features missing. I am sure nothing in that source code is hard to reproduce.

Weddings are missing in EOServ? Seems like it should be included for sure, as main had weddings right. xD

Also adding in more functionality (actions / rules) for EO+ would make me happy as Larry, and save me a ton of learning / work adding them in.

I figure you would be the best person for that job, considering!

EOSource had an action for SpawnNPC(id, amount); which allowed for a fair amount of encounter scripting via EO+. Considering how useful a scripting language / back-end can be for player / NPC interactions, creation of unique experiences etc, I think this was the main feature that drew me to EOSource in the first place, that and not having to do the work right! (lazy)

Either way, the more functionality that can be added to the scripting language for NPC's, the more that can be added easily to servers, look at Lua for example, used by many WoW server emulators to grant a large amount of control over NPC behaviour, boss encounters, instances, spawn on demand, dialogue, phasing etc. EO+ has that same potential, it just needs to have the actions / rules extended to allow it.

Some examples:

Functions:

[name][class][race][level][partner][gender] etc will print out the players name, class, race, level etc, so you can write scripts that interact with the player directly, rather than generic "Hey stranger, will you help?", instead, "Hey, [name]! Wow, you're level [level] already? And my, never took you for a [race] [class]! How is [partner] doing?".

[gender] could be used to simply print Miss or Mr etc "Hi there [gender] [name]."

Another idea would be to allow quest scripts to react on item (potion) use, allowing you to start a script from an item, no longer needing just an NPC, though this could be a bit more complicated, it would have vast applications.

Actions:

SpawnNPC(id, amount); - Spawn NPC at players location, or SpawnNPC(id, amount, map, x, y); 

SpawnItem(id, amount); - Same as above

GivePartyItem(id, amount); - Give all members in a group an item.

GivePartyEXP(id); - Same as above

PartyWarp(map, x, y); - Warp whole party to map X Y.

Rules:

IsLeader() goto State - Check if player is the leader of a group.

InParty() goto State - Check if player is in a party

IsParty(id) goto State - Check if player is in a party with more than X amount of members.

IsWearing(id) goto State - Check if player has item X equipped.

UsedSpell(id, amount) goto State - Check if player has cast a spell.

I'm not sure if all of these are missing from EOServ, I'm fairly sure they are though as I felt like I'd been crippled when switching from EOSource!

Also, I could likely do this myself with some learning, adding them in to my own etc, just you would likely do a better and more efficient job, and everyone would get access to the improvements etc.

An example of a script I wrote for EOSource, that now is a paperweight! - Script

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203136 Re: need help with game showing online
sob posted: (30th Apr 2017, 10:11 pm)

Apollo posted: (29th Apr 2017, 08:19 pm)

Weddings are missing in EOServ? Seems like it should be included for sure, as main had weddings right. xD

Also adding in more functionality (actions / rules) for EO+ would make me happy as Larry, and save me a ton of learning / work adding them in.

I figure you would be the best person for that job, considering!

EOSource had an action for SpawnNPC(id, amount); which allowed for a fair amount of encounter scripting via EO+. Considering how useful a scripting language / back-end can be for player / NPC interactions, creation of unique experiences etc, I think this was the main feature that drew me to EOSource in the first place, that and not having to do the work right! (lazy)

Either way, the more functionality that can be added to the scripting language for NPC's, the more that can be added easily to servers, look at Lua for example, used by many WoW server emulators to grant a large amount of control over NPC behaviour, boss encounters, instances, spawn on demand, dialogue, phasing etc. EO+ has that same potential, it just needs to have the actions / rules extended to allow it.

Some examples:

Functions:

[name][class][race][level][partner][gender] etc will print out the players name, class, race, level etc, so you can write scripts that interact with the player directly, rather than generic "Hey stranger, will you help?", instead, "Hey, [name]! Wow, you're level [level] already? And my, never took you for a [race] [class]! How is [partner] doing?".

[gender] could be used to simply print Miss or Mr etc "Hi there [gender] [name]."

Another idea would be to allow quest scripts to react on item (potion) use, allowing you to start a script from an item, no longer needing just an NPC, though this could be a bit more complicated, it would have vast applications.

Actions:

SpawnNPC(id, amount); - Spawn NPC at players location, or SpawnNPC(id, amount, map, x, y); 

SpawnItem(id, amount); - Same as above

GivePartyItem(id, amount); - Give all members in a group an item.

GivePartyEXP(id); - Same as above

PartyWarp(map, x, y); - Warp whole party to map X Y.

Rules:

IsLeader() goto State - Check if player is the leader of a group.

InParty() goto State - Check if player is in a party

IsParty(id) goto State - Check if player is in a party with more than X amount of members.

IsWearing(id) goto State - Check if player has item X equipped.

UsedSpell(id, amount) goto State - Check if player has cast a spell.

I'm not sure if all of these are missing from EOServ, I'm fairly sure they are though as I felt like I'd been crippled when switching from EOSource!

Also, I could likely do this myself with some learning, adding them in to my own etc, just you would likely do a better and more efficient job, and everyone would get access to the improvements etc.

An example of a script I wrote for EOSource, that now is a paperweight! - Script

Let me just drop some more on top of that. spawnNPC(ID, Amount) should be extended to spawnNPC(Id, Amount, Effect(optional))

Now it's a real party. You can give the boss the doom effect and it'll have the red demon star effect under it to signify how POWERFUL it enormously is.
---
I not hacker

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203142 Re: need help with game showing online

I have already made most of that so it's just a matter of posting to pastebin. As for stacking a map effect option on to NPC's, I think it is better to stack a PlayMapEffect action after SpawnNPC rather than mesh the two together. That also keeps each action/rule simple for beginners. 

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203144 Re: need help with game showing online

I hope you understood what I meant, and that only the boss gets the effect under them, not the entire map or all the actors.

---
I not hacker

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Post #203145 Re: need help with game showing online

NPC's don't have an effect packet associated with them. The options are fudge a spell packet or use the effect animation packet. Since it isn't idea to spam the NPC with the spell packet as this would always show the HP bar, the only real option would be to show the effect animation on the same coordinates when the NPC spawns. Also, it should be worth noting since the effect animation doesn't move with the NPC as spells do, it is not a very eye appealing method in the first place. 

6 years, 48 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > need help with game showing online