EOSERV Forum > Game Development > EOHost - Server control panel
Page: << 1 >>
EOHost - Server control panel
Post #202975 EOHost - Server control panel

Hey all, so as you've seen I'm working on a eoserv control system and it's a a usable stage. Here's a quick summary of it: 

What is EOHost?

An EOSERV host and control panel aimed to provide easy to use, one click revision installs and management. It  provides a selection of revisions users can install and allows them to upload maps, pubs and quests, delete or modify current quests and configs and update them with ease.

EOHost is designed to make life as easy as possible, you simple select the revision you want, upload your maps and pubs and click run. No setups are required.

Does it cost?

All services will be free and servers will be given the EOHost IP and a random port (can be changed to another if available!). However, a custom IP/DNS and DDos protection can be setup if you're willing to cover the cost. I have put thought into this and will provide access to a different server with protection and the ability to add your own domain for a small fee.

I will be around to help with any issues that arise, however don't think this is a managed server service, I will not help run your specific servers. I have plans to add some sort of ticket response where users can submit help requests, also as this is just a personal project I'll also leave my Discord name around so I can be directly messaged.

I will not be uploading the eosource revision, I don't trust their software and have no intention of potentially serving/hosting malicious servers.

Update (01/04/17):

Update! I've been a little busy with work but have had some time to tinker with this! I've got a very basic release ready so far and think the site is ready for some testers! If you're interested in having a play with this feel free to make an account at EOHost.net and I'll approve it for you, once approved you'll have access to a standard 535 revision at your full control!

Now that the core functions are working I'm going to start adding up variety of somewhat small custom revisions (RaceWars, Cops & Robbers  and other various requests) and the long-term plan is to eventually have a revision that will contain most the features eosource has.(Now that the forum has gone somewhat dead and there hasn't been a release in awhile).

All free accounts will be limited to my game.eohost.net domain tho, however if there's a specific port you'd like feel free to inbox me and if it's free I'll config it. You will have to upload any data one at a time as I will only be allowing backup space and drag & drop uploads to premium users.

If you have any questions feel free to inbox/PM me and I'll get back to you asap! Happy developing^^

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #202976 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

I like this idea, and if available when done would be interested in using. Hope it goes well.

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #202989 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

Glad to see you post about this Callum. Looks pretty good from what I've seen! =D
I didn't test the test site too much yet, but I love the way you went about doing this.
Good job. I look forward to seeing more about this!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #202996 Re: EOHost - Server control panel
MezPez9358 posted: (18th Mar 2017, 05:58 am)

I like this idea, and if available when done would be interested in using. Hope it goes well.

Yeah mate of course, Hopefully if this goes well I'll be able to help anyone who wants it.

@Shane, I've had a great motivation for it lately and been doing lots of work on securing it as much as possible! hopefully have a test run soon^^

On a side note, I'm sort of searching around for a little host that I can use to host this on the side away from my current projects. I was thinking about trying buyvm but we all know how un reliable they are lmao.

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203003 Re: EOHost - Server control panel
callum posted: (19th Mar 2017, 03:25 am)

MezPez9358 posted: (18th Mar 2017, 05:58 am)

Yeah mate of course, Hopefully if this goes well I'll be able to help anyone who wants it.

@Shane, I've had a great motivation for it lately and been doing lots of work on securing it as much as possible! hopefully have a test run soon^^

On a side note, I'm sort of searching around for a little host that I can use to host this on the side away from my current projects. I was thinking about trying buyvm but we all know how un reliable they are lmao.

I've used TransIP Europe several times without issues, but this would depend on where you want the server located! - https://www.transip.eu/vps/

Or are you looking for a dedicated to virtualize?

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203004 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

Virmach is a very reliable VPS service. Pretty cheap too.

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203005 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

@Sob atm all my hosting is in London since I'm UK based. But this will more than likely be booted in the US somewhere. If I'm honest I'm not sure how much resource this will need, So I guess I'll find that out when I open this up to a few testers!

@Destiny, I did look into Virmach, they look alright tbh. Only reason I was thinking BuyVm is the Ddoss protected IP for $3 they claim is 500gbps, even if it was a tenth of that it's still petty decent.

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203006 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

BuyVM is fine unless you are Vult-r and you never read any notice of account change emails. Just don't pay them up a year in advance if you are skeptical. 

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203015 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

Let me know if you need any help every now and then. I still have some knowledge from when I started a similar project.

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203020 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

I have a  server with 12GB's of RAM that is available if you're interested to share. im only using it for a Perfect World Private server.

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203022 Re: EOHost - Server control panel
Wildsurvival posted: (20th Mar 2017, 09:38 pm)

Let me know if you need any help every now and then. I still have some knowledge from when I started a similar project.

Yeah I'll definitely take you up on that offer mate. Right now I'm thinking of the best way to list and manage maps.

@Wesly, yeah no thanks. I don't intend to give anyone access to other peoples servers.

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203025 Re: EOHost - Server control panel
callum posted: (21st Mar 2017, 01:58 pm)

Yeah I'll definitely take you up on that offer mate. Right now I'm thinking of the best way to list and manage maps.

@Wesly, yeah no thanks. I don't intend to give anyone access to other peoples servers.

To bad you couldn't implement a full online map editor.  Sordie's got maps displaying https://sordie.co.uk/eomap/00001, maybe she'd share ideas / code.  Unless you just want to focus on server hosting for the most part instead of map editing when it could just be done locally then uploaded via a form?
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203026 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

It wouldn't be hard to make a little online map editor but it would be a project on its own

---
Andrewbob - I would be on the fucking copter of rofls

Programmer, Web Developer, and Graphics Designer
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203027 Re: EOHost - Server control panel
perfect posted: (22nd Mar 2017, 02:34 am)

callum posted: (21st Mar 2017, 01:58 pm)

To bad you couldn't implement a full online map editor.  Sordie's got maps displaying https://sordie.co.uk/eomap/00001, maybe she'd share ideas / code.  Unless you just want to focus on server hosting for the most part instead of map editing when it could just be done locally then uploaded via a form?

A full map editor is totally possible. I worked with parsing emf files and editing them using a map editor I built for a little project I am working on.
---
stay tuned.
7 years, 5 weeks ago
Post #203029 Re: EOHost - Server control panel

As of right now the main focus of this is just making an easy to use reliable host for people, I think most people struggle to find that.

I'm still very new to php but am enjoying learning it, can definitely see future addons projects such as editors in the future tho.

@Perfect yeah at the moment users are free to upload maps,pubs and quests but the configs are provided. At the moment the only editing files on the site are configs and quests.

Going to update the first post today and give a better description!

Update (01/04/17):

Update! I've been a little busy with work but have had some time to tinker with this! I've got a very basic release ready so far and think the site is ready for some testers! If you're interested in having a play with this feel free to make an account at EOHost.net and I'll approve it for you, once approved you'll have access to a standard 535 revision at your full control!

Now that the core functions are working I'm going to start adding up variety of somewhat small custom revisions (RaceWars, Cops & Robbers  and other various requests) and the long-term plan is to eventually have a revision that will contain most the features eosource has.(Now that the forum has gone somewhat dead and there hasn't been a release in awhile).

All free accounts will be limited to my game.eohost.net domain tho, however if there's a specific port you'd like feel free to inbox me and if it's free I'll config it. You will have to upload any data one at a time as I will only be allowing backup space and drag & drop uploads to premium users.

If you have any questions feel free to inbox/PM me and I'll get back to you asap! Happy developing^^

7 years, 5 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > EOHost - Server control panel