EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > What is the difference between male and female GFX files?
Page: << 1 >>
What is the difference between male and female GFX files?
Post #202909 What is the difference between male and female GFX files?

Could I save myself time and replace weapons and shields with the same GFX file?

---
Whitewolf v19
Endless Origins and Z
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202910 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?

The only thing I've ever encountered any form of issue with when it comes to this would be replacing the same hats. If it's something like bandana/glasses it needs to be the appropriate version or it seems to go onto the females forehead. Not sure if this is encountered by others, but has happened every time I've tried.

7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202911 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?

Don't quote me, but I think the female sprite is shorter then the male sprite. It does make it very inconvenient to have to do two sets of graphics for such a minor difference. (Other than for armor because women have boobies).

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202915 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?

Funny enough its true lol, when we were working on the graphics for a weapon we actually had to do 2 sets of graphic positions for sword angles because the females were slightly lower (extremely hard to notice) so we couldn't just simply copy the male hold positions over to the females folder.

Destiny if you swapped over other item graphics (its probably unnoticable) but the graphics might be slightly off on the character : D

You can probably get away with copying over certain ones though, but to some graphic creators it would probably look like an eye sore when they play

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202916 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?

A picture is worth a thousand words:

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202918 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?

The reason its so noticable with the hats and not say weapons is because the hat probably sets slightly above the females head, while the weapon rolls slightly above the palm of your hand probably laying around wrist height

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202920 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?
MezPez9358 posted: (15th Mar 2017, 04:05 pm)

The reason its so noticable with the hats and not say weapons is because the hat probably sets slightly above the females head, while the weapon rolls slightly above the palm of your hand probably laying around wrist height

I knew they were different heights, however, I thought it was all in the eye positioning. Hats are typically fine, it's what goes on the eyes, and that's due to heights.

Boots can also provide an issue too though! I've noticed that.

Weapons are fine, and wings show absolutely no difference. 

7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202929 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?

I don't see a difference in height or position in Stava's awesome release of pixels so I just went ahead and copied the file over female for weapons. I still don't see a difference. Only thing I notice is stuff like hats and shoes.

---
Whitewolf v19
Endless Origins and Z
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202936 Re: What is the difference between male and female GFX files?
Paranoid posted: (15th Mar 2017, 11:25 pm)

I don't see a difference in height or position in Stava's awesome release of pixels so I just went ahead and copied the file over female for weapons. I still don't see a difference. Only thing I notice is stuff like hats and shoes.

It's not going to be too noticeable on the weapons because of the overall placement on them, but things like glasses and hats that are generally shaped for the certain sprites it's noticeable.
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > What is the difference between male and female GFX files?