EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Post #202686 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Apollo posted: (6th Mar 2017, 03:23 am)

This:

https://eoserv.net/forum/topic/23933#post202675

I'm completely new and clueless to programming for the most part, so could you explain how this actually tricks the client?
I'm just interested to know how you were able to change the clients upgrade limit server side, if there is hardcoded limits in place that prevent that.

Thanks for releasing this, this is a nice addition, hacky or not. It's appreciated!
Edit: I should mention this works perfectly!
---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202694 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

@shayne

His solution is really genius. We all know the max upgrade limit is 7. What his solution does, is clamps the "current upgrade" count at 6 if the real "current upgrade" count is 7+ and less than the max upgrade limit set by MaxBankUpgrades.

So the client always thinks the current upgrade is between 1-6 until the actual upgrade count reaches MaxBankUpgrades.

One thing that is still unchangable, is the cost. So the cost maxes out at 7k per upgrade. But still this solution is very welcome!

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202706 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

I would rather call it an intentional feature coded in the server (eoserv trying to resemble eomain as close as possible), than tricking the client. It is the server that makes up the rules in all cases. For instance, the client can only hold 2b gold. It wouldnt be much trickery to the client if the server held the real amount and so any gold obtained over 2.1b be recorded server side without increasing the gold count in the client. (let's say the person has 3b gold and they drop 1b, that would leave their gold count at 2b unchanged in the client)

Can anyone spot some of my real emotions and point them out?

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202714 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Shilo
Thanks for the information. Makes perfect sense. It's nice nice to know this won't be a limitation to worry about.

Hacker_Alex
Yea I see what ya mean. Also I could not find anything in the bank function related to the upgrade limit.
So the upgrade limit was always server side then? I just assumed it was hardcoded into the client like many things.

To be slightly off topic but still relevant and for good reason..
I finally found out how to bypass the '200 max storage limit per item', in lockers.
I still can't find a way to bypass the '200 deposit limit per transfer' though.
(I'm starting to think this is something server side that needs to be implemented. Similar to what Apollo did with his fix maybe?)

I searched the entire locker function and found nothing related to it. I'll definitely look into this though.
I probably won't have time tonight, but I'll post the bypass for this tomorrow possibly if anyone wants.

---
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202718 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

Should be easy as dirt to make. I assume the reason it hasn't been done, is because nobody has requested it.

Albeit it's wanting to assemble anything above 127 into more bytes and the final solution is more complicated than changing it all the way up to 200, you could just change the JNG (Jump if Not Greater than) operation and bypass the check entirely.

Also known as POKE 00566708 E9 9E 00 00 00
---
Wish upon a star!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202731 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Plasmastar posted: (7th Mar 2017, 12:55 am)

Should be easy as dirt to make. I assume the reason it hasn't been done, is because nobody has requested it.

Albeit it's wanting to assemble anything above 127 into more bytes and the final solution is more complicated than changing it all the way up to 200, you could just change the JNG (Jump if Not Greater than) operation and bypass the check entirely.

Interesting information, thanks.
I'm not sure how I couldn't find the address before. I thought I looked in the bank functions pretty well..

Anyways, thanks for posting the address and saving me the troubles of searching!..
I'm still interested in trying to find the locker maximum transfer limit (Transfering a maximum of 200 of an item at a time.)

I haven't been able to find it the few times I've poked around. I'll mess around some more with it though.
If you find anything related to it, that would be nice to, as you seem to have good experience with these sorts of things.

I've checked the locker functions pretty well myself, but could only find the 'max storage per item limit' so far. I'll go over it again later.
---
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202737 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
shayne posted: (7th Mar 2017, 08:45 pm)

I'm not sure how I couldn't find the address before. I thought I looked in the bank functions pretty well..

Anyways, thanks for posting the address and saving me the troubles of searching!..
I'm still interested in trying to find the locker maximum transfer limit (Transfering a maximum of 200 of an item at a time.)

I haven't been able to find it the few times I've poked around. I'll mess around some more with it though.
If you find anything related to it, that would be nice to, as you seem to have good experience with these sorts of things.

I've checked the locker functions pretty well myself, but could only find the 'max storage per item limit' so far. I'll go over it again later.

Check if any packet is sent to the server if you try putting in more than 200. Try unplugging your internet and see if you get related messages without even giving the server a chance to respond.

I dont see any checks in the adding an item to the locker code if the amount is less than and to report back that that is unnaceptable.

http://svn.eoserv.net/eoserv/trunk/src/handlers/Locker.cpp
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202749 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Hacker_Alex posted: (8th Mar 2017, 12:34 am)

shayne posted: (7th Mar 2017, 08:45 pm)

Check if any packet is sent to the server if you try putting in more than 200. Try unplugging your internet and see if you get related messages without even giving the server a chance to respond.

I dont see any checks in the adding an item to the locker code if the amount is less than and to report back that that is unnaceptable.

http://svn.eoserv.net/eoserv/trunk/src/handlers/Locker.cpp
I'm starting to think there is server side code that must be added. (Similar to the Max bank limit, but for max transfer)

## MaxBankTransfer (number)
# Maximum amount of an item that can be transferred at a time
MaxBankTransfer = 200

I've looked extensively through the clients memory in the locker functions, and there is just nothing there to bypass the limit..
I'm sure there's a check related in the locker function, but either way, I think server side code needs to be added for the max transfer amount per item.
I can't really test properly (bypass a limit) until the max transfer limit is added server side, just like how the MaxBank is. (Pretty sure anyways)
I'm assuming I must need to add code server side as well as block a check in the clients memory for this to work.
(Excuse my lack of knowledge in the programming regard..)

I haven't messed with packets/WPE in ages, but I'll take a look later.. Thanks for the info also.

---
7 years, 4 weeks ago
Post #202802 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
00465ECF - 81 BD E4F0FFFF C8000000 - cmp [ebp-00000F1C],000000C8 { 200 }
00465ED9 - 0F8F 64010000           - jg 00466043

As previously noted, JMP (or JG) is easier to modify. You'll want to NOP it out btw.

Note: Bypassing the check won't allow you to shove in more than 200 on EOMain, but I'm assuming EOSERV is different. Also EOMain started eating some of my items while only handling x200 of them while depositing/withdrawing from locker, but I think that may be unrelated, still, scary.

Seems to be able to get capped at x120 for some reason, during the process of shifting things in and out of the locker.

---
Wish upon a star!
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202804 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Plasmastar posted: (10th Mar 2017, 10:09 am)

As previously noted, JMP (or JG) is easier to modify. You'll want to NOP it out btw.

Note: Bypassing the check won't allow you to shove in more than 200 on EOMain, but I'm assuming EOSERV is different. Also EOMain started eating some of my items while only handling x200 of them while depositing/withdrawing from locker, but I think that may be unrelated, still, scary.

Seems to be able to get capped at x120 for some reason, during the process of shifting things in and out of the locker.

Yeah I thought I saw some code in eoserv that also eats items somewhere in locker.cpp

Nice code.

Btw what on earth is that?! Install the Royale or Royale Noir themes immediately! Damn those were beauts.
---
I not hacker

7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202807 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Hacker_Alex posted: (10th Mar 2017, 12:33 pm)

Yeah I thought I saw some code in eoserv that also eats items somewhere in locker.cpp

Nice code.

Btw what on earth is that?! Install the Royale or Royale Noir themes immediately! Damn those were beauts.

Windows XP (Classic Theme) Virtual Machine running on Windows 10 Host
---
Wish upon a star!
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202816 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

Nice find. Thanks for looking into this, and providing the address.
Personally, I'd rather change the cmp value, than block the jg. I try not to NOP anything that doesn't need to be. Especially if you edit the client itself.

It works fine on eoserv r535, for max storage per item, and max transfer per item.

By EO Main do you mean EO Main Clone, or the official EO Main?
Maybe it's because of a related compare in the Bank function that's causing the issue. (Checks if you have 200 of an item when trying to deposit.)

Try NOP the cmp and see if it makes a difference.
(The address allows you to store over 200 of a single item per slot. But there is still the max transfer limit/your address.)

00567A39 - 3B 58 08 - cmp ebx,[eax+08]
00567A49 - 75 EE - jne
---
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202819 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

I mean the official software. It got leaked to a select few. Good for gleaning out the last bits of protocol used and behavioral quirks in the server.

---
Wish upon a star!
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202825 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Plasmastar posted: (10th Mar 2017, 09:27 pm)

I mean the official software. It got leaked to a select few. Good for gleaning out the last bits of protocol used and behavioral quirks in the server.

Ah ok, good to know. I could see that being pretty useful for sure.

---
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Post #202827 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

Would personally love to see the ability to store as many of an item as desired in a locker. 200 is a pretty arbitrary limit. How high can that value actually go?

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 3 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?