EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Post #202639 Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

The bank locker capacity has a limit of 60 items max. I tried to increase it via the config file:

BaseBankSize = 25

BankSizeStep = 5

MaxBankUpgrades = 100

But MaxBankUpgrades value is never sent to the client, and the client has the MaxBankUpgrades (or rather, the max capacity) hardcoded.

When talking to the bank npc and clicking on "Locker Upgrade" button. It doesn't send a packet to the server on clicking the button. Instead it instantly shows a message box saying that it reached max capacity:

I was able to change the locker capacity (and increase it past 60) manually via the server, but that isn't an optimal route, since I still want to use the "Locker Upgrade" system that the bank npc provides.

So I'm guessing it's possible to hack the client through hex or memory editing, so that the value of "60" can be changed to a higher value. Maybe there might be a solution to bypass the client-side checking altogether and just have the server handle the max capacity checking? Anyone know of any solution for this?

@shayne

I'm guessing you might know of a solution, since this seems to be your expertise!

Thank you.

Edit:

Well it seems like a lot of the locker upgrade system is both hardcoded and not hardcoded. The message boxes will show the incorrect values but the server will use the correct server config values.

For example:

- BankUpgradeBase: This works fine via the backend, but the message box always shows the base price as "1000". It deducts the correct gold that I set via the config.

- BankUpgradeStep: This works fine via the backend, but the message box always increments the value by "1000". It deducts the correct gold that I set via the config.

- MaxBank: This seems to be a entirely client side handling and the max amount of items can't be more then 200.

- BaseBankSize: This works via the backend and I assume the locker handles it correctly, but the message box implies that the base is always "25".

- BankSizeStep: This works via the backend and I assume the locker handles it correctly, but the message box always shows the increase as "5" slots.

MaxBankUpgrades: This seems to be the main issue, the client side wont allow more then 7 upgrades. Either because 7 upgrades is the max, or 60 items is the max.

With that said, I almost think it would be best just to create my own custom Bank NPC to handle the locker upgrading. Or just set the BaseBankSize to the max value I want and dont allow an upgrade system.

Do you think it would be possible to disable or hide the "Locker Upgrade" button via a client-side hack?

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202641 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

I would like to know if there's a similar to solution to Guild costs. I have guilds set to cost 1,000 Gold but there is seemingly a requirement of 50,000 Gold. I've attempted hex-editing to change the text but that does nothing at all, so I'm stumped. 

7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202642 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

@Destiny

That's a disappointment. I am finding far too many limitations with a closed-source client.

I just tested out the GuildPrice value, and you are indeed right. The client has all that hardcoded. The only thing we are able to do without hacking, is INCREASE the cost. But even if you increase the cost, the text will still show incorrectly as "50,000". And if the user has gold between "50,000" and the higher value, it doesn't have any reaction when you click the ok button, because the server notices the the gold isn't equal to GuildPrice and doesn't send a packet back to the client to handle "incorrect gold amount" (of course, it should be possible to implement handling for this). But with all that said, I don't know of any way to allow changing the value to anything less then 50k and ontop of that, not sure how we could change the text associated with the 50k value.

I know what I said doesn't help you, I just wanted to share my findings. Hopefully there's a hex/memory edit solution for that too. I would really love to learn how to do hex/memory editing.

---
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202643 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

Well via the extras config, you can set the amount of locker spaces gained per locker upgrade.
I'm assuming there may not be a limit to the amount locker spaces you can earn per upgrade, since this is done server side.
I tested up to 85 items in the locker at a time just to see.

Try increase the BankSizeStep amount.
## BankSizeStep (number)
# Number of extra items you can desposit each upgrade
BankSizeStep = 10

Regarding bypassing the locker upgrade limit, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, even if difficult to find.
Same thing for the locker capacity limit, (assuming it's hardcoded) which I'm thinking it's not since you can bypass 60 locker items via server side code/config.)
(I'm pretty sure there are checks and jumps hardcoded in the client to prevent upgrading past 6 times though.)
I'll definitely take a look into it more.

I don't know if that's good enough for what you want, but it's the best way I could think of without client modification.

Edit: I almost forgot, you can change the upgrade amount text as well as the other bank related strings, via pubedit in dat005.edf

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202644 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

@shayne

Ya, I already figured all that out. Maybe I wasn't clear in my post.

I didn't think about checking the data files though, that definitely helps for some of the hardcoded "text". But it probably still wont help for the overall limitation of the upgrade system being limited to 7 upgrades. (I'm sure it won't help for a situation like the hardcoded GuildPrice value). I'll check out the data file in more detail when I get time and see what I can come up with.

I appreciate your help. :)

---
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202645 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

There is no limit on upgrades in the bank. The flavor text must be edited in the client's text files to reflect this, but upgrading capacity is not a problem. I haven't yet determined any max limit if there even is one within the client's pub limitation.

7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202651 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
shayne posted: (4th Mar 2017, 02:54 pm)

Well via the extras config, you can set the amount of locker spaces gained per locker upgrade.
I'm assuming there may not be a limit to the amount locker spaces you can earn per upgrade, since this is done server side.

## BankSizeStep (number)
BankSizeStep = 10

Regarding bypassing the locker upgrade limit, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible, even if difficult to find.
Same thing for the locker capacity limit, (assuming it's hardcoded) which I'm thinking it's not since you can bypass 60 locker items via server side code/config.)
(I'm pretty sure there are checks and jumps hardcoded in the client to prevent upgrading past 6 times though.)

I don't know if that's good enough for what you want, but it's the best way I could think of without client modification.

Edit: I almost forgot, you can change the upgrade amount text as well as the other bank related strings, via pubedit in dat005.edf

Jumps can be conditional such as the jump jne (jump if not equal), therefore a jump can be a check! :)
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202652 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Hacker_Alex posted: (5th Mar 2017, 12:12 am)

shayne posted: (4th Mar 2017, 02:54 pm)

## BankSizeStep (number)
BankSizeStep = 10

Jumps can be conditional such as the jump jne (jump if not equal), therefore a jump can be a check! :)

You don't need to Ollydbg the fuck out of the client to make this happen. Basically edit the text in the client data file regarding upgrades and work a little trickery server side to achieve the proper effect.
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202656 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

Shayne you said we edit it in the dat005, when we open it via pubedit it gives us the "unable to read"?

Edit: Sorry... nvm my question was dumb i figured it out xD........~

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202658 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Shilo- Sorry, I was for the most part aware of what you meant, I just don't know anything more to help you bypass the maximum bank upgrade limit.

Hacker_Alex- Haha no worries, I'm well aware of what JNEs are. I've had to nop enough of them for certain mods.
I figured Jumps was the better term here, as it doesn't limit what I meant to a normal jump, or a compare jump. It could be/mean either. =D

Apollo- Not sure specifically what you're talking about.
What do you mean there is no upgrade capacity limit? The bank upgrade limit is 7, unless your are referring to something different.
I haven't found a way to bypass the 7 upgrade limit yet. It's obviously hardcoded in the client, right?

MezPez9358- No worries, glad you figured it out.
---
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202668 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

@shayne

No problem, you have been lots of help!

---

I did more testing and I can confirm (although I already confirmed it before) that the following is hard-coded into the client:

- MaxBankUpgrades: 7

- BankUpgradeBase: 1000 (The text only)

- BankUpgradeStep: 1000 (The text only)

- MaxBank: 200

We want to be able to do virtually limitless storage. So I changed the following:

BaseBankSize = 125

BankSizeStep = 125

So with the changes, the max capacity is 1000 items.

I then changed dat005.edf values:

"Would you like to buy a 125 unit upgrade for "

"It is impossbile to further upgrade your locker capacity. (1000 items max)"

(Thank you shayne for the suggestion to change the data file)

---

Even though the limitations still make it impossible to do exactly what I want and the upgrade costs are extremely low, at least that we can allow the users to have an increased capacity.

I suppose the only way to improve the system, would be to create a NPC with custom quest actions, or to hack the client.

---
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202671 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

I bypassed it as I said before with server side trickery. I am not home but maybe tonight I can just drop that little trick somewhere here.

7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202673 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?

@Apollo

That would be great if you could do that! I may learn something new.

---
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202680 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?
Apollo posted: (5th Mar 2017, 05:09 pm)

I bypassed it as I said before with server side trickery. I am not home but maybe tonight I can just drop that little trick somewhere here.

That would be awesome, although I don't understand how you could bypass a hardcoded limit of 7 with server trickery.
That's great if you know of a way to trick the client with server side code though.

I was trying a bit to find the address that holds the upgrade limit, but it's been pretty difficult to find so far.
I'll look back at this again soon, and hopefully find something.

---
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Post #202684 Re: Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity? 7 years, 7 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Is there a hack to increase bank locker capacity?