EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release
Page: << 1 >>
Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release
Post #202578 Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release

Fixes from 0.3.1b

• Read maps with official EO unknown data that previously would crash (maps 19 and 21) (bug #445)
  • Palette fixed for additional unofficial graphics (bug #212)
  • Save feature added upon trying to close any newly created or loaded map (bug #190)

Fixed in 0.3.3b

• Maximizing and un-maximizing alignment bug
  • Added save on close when using keyboard "esc"
  • Minor palette resizing fix (0.3.3c)
  • Reverted to legacy build patch for stability (0.3.3d)
  • Added save when selecting Exit from menu (0.3.3d)

Download here:

http://www.apollo-games.com/eomap3.exe

7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202579 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3 Release

7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202580 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3 Release

This is great, thanks Apollo.

Add the following to known bugs:
-Map doesn't properly redraw when the window is maximized, however it does properly redraw when the window size is changed otherwise.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202581 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3 Release

I never use maximize, but that is an easy fix. You might have to deal with that inconvenience as I will try to add fixes to bugs in the bug tracker to the next release as well. 

7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202582 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3 Release

What's the max limit of coordinates for this editor? I would like to be able to go up to 2,500x2,500 on a map for personal use, not an actual in-game map. If that would be possible, I'd be extremely grateful.

7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202583 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3 Release
Acemasta posted: (25th Feb 2017, 01:26 am)

What's the max limit of coordinates for this editor? I would like to be able to go up to 2,500x2,500 on a map for personal use, not an actual in-game map. If that would be possible, I'd be extremely grateful.

I think this post is just a few patches, you'd be better off posting about an upgraded map size limit on the topic sausage posted. He's got a lot of process into a new official map editor that looks really promising!
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202584 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3b Release

Fixed to apply save on close for when the escape key is pressed on a keyboard as well as patched the min/max bug. Download link is the same for 0.3.3b

7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202627 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3c Release

I have updated this to 0.3.3d. Major changes are applying the previous patches to the closest source to the actual one that was compiled for 0.3.1b. Stability seems to be much improved.

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202628 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3c Release

Cool to see this being worked on, thanks! It seems pretty glitchy and buggy for me, but it's probably down to my pc.
The save dialog on exit is nice. I'll have to test this out more later and post what I mean by glitches.

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202631 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release

I have noticed no difference in performance between this and 0.3.1b. The original build used a slightly different version of allegro. I had a couple of official builds labeled 0.3.0 and 0.3.1 and there is very little actually different between them. I don't think even Sausage is certain of which code collection became 0.3.1b, but at least there is a ballpark here to work with so this is at least the closest official build upgrade in about 4 years.

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202632 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release

Performance is much better in 0.3.3d.

In the most recent build, resizing the palette redraws the map view and resizing the map view redraws the palette. I think some wires might be crossed there, because it appears to redraw them differently/incorrectly somewhat based on the size of the other window?

Thanks again for what you've been doing with this release.

EDIT: Unfortunately found a reasonably serious bug. While scrolling down in the tile palette, suddenly the mapper throws up a "failed to read tile" error message and exits. This behavior is not present in 0.3.1b and also wasn't present in previous iterations of this mapper (as far as I noticed or anyone else noticed.) For reference, I am using BU graphics.

This is the error message, along with the exact spot of the palette where it comes up.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202657 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3h Release

Fixed

7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #202661 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release

This is much better than the last update I tried.
Looks like you fixed a lot of the alignment issues/glitches I was having, and it definitely seems to be more responsive.

Good job on this, thanks!

---
EO Resources/Guides: â—„ eobud.boards.net â–º
7 years, 8 weeks ago
Post #203304 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release

For some reason when I go to run your program it wont let me run it just gives me errors I have the eomap3.exe in my EO folder am I doing something wrong?

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Post #203306 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release

You are probably missing necessary files that are not included in the github, such as Allegro 5.

Though this is an unfinished project at the moment and if Sausage ever does decide to continue it, it'll probably have an official release in the downloads section here. I don't have any faith in the development of this ever being finished, though, seeing as it has been 6 months or so since he's done anything with it.

Ignore this. I read this as the completely wrong topic.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Unofficial EO Map 0.3.3d Release