EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Complete swamp map(s) release
Page: << 1 2 >>
Complete swamp map(s) release
Post #202575 Re: Complete swamp map(s) release
perfect posted: (24th Feb 2017, 06:53 am)

Holystone posted: (24th Feb 2017, 05:05 am)

Update: I have overhauled the map essentially. I pretty much just made it look like a swamp and fucked it up :P I feel like this is a bit better than other renditions.

I think you've used way to many cat tails.  To overcrowded now.  Cat tails need water as well which is why their usually found around the side of a pond(or swamp).  So having them randomly placed in a grassy area far away from any water source seems out of place to me.

Otherwise thanks for the release to the community! I'm sure people will find these useful! Realized it wasn't a release.

EDIT: as for your cave map, it looks way to man made.  You could add curves to the walls, just to add some deformation, it'll make it look more like mother nature created it.

I know exactly what you mean. However, it seems like when showing the entire map as a whole, it doesn't really capture what it's like to play on in-game entirely. You're right on the Cat-Tails being out of place in the ground, I knew that but for some reason when throwing the map together I placed them there with the intention of showing myself where to add running water but just left them, some laziness on my part. However, things such as near the top right, there are lillypads connecting the two maps which is hard to see on the screenshots but seems only slightly hidden ingame. I wanted to create the theme of slashing through, and trampling over thick grass to reach the next area. I wish there was some kind of swamp themed tall grass in the overlay menu but alas. Thanks for your feedback though!

As for everyone else, your feedback has been incredible. I can't wait to incorporate all of your ideas and criticism into my future maps, and am super glad to have re-kindled the interest in mapping for some of you, cheers!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202586 Re: Complete swamp map(s) release

Should just extend the land so there isn't that much water. Just some little islands/patches here and there would look nice.

---
Tire me.
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202591 Re: Complete swamp map(s) release
Mouse posted: (25th Feb 2017, 05:00 am)

Should just extend the land so there isn't that much water. Just some little islands/patches here and there would look nice.

That sounds like a good idea actually, I'll throw it in 
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #203383 Re: Complete swamp map(s) release

The wall on the first map def feels out of place, if there would be a wall maybe it should be a broken wall, battle worn, half there etc. or a Iron fence type thing might make more sense to this feel of a map. Just my insight

6 years, 44 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Complete swamp map(s) release