EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2
Page: << 1 >>
Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2
Post #202489 Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

This is a slight fix to the previous version that caused problems loading official maps with certain unknown tile specs. The palette height has also been increased to avoid certain palette graphic loading errors. This is an unofficial build so please note errors here rather than the official bug tracker.

http://www.apollo-games.com/eomap3.exe

You will need to save this executable to the same location as your current eomap.exe is located. This is the executable only and depends on all other files included with the official build.

7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202490 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

I'd like to make a few bug reports with the new version (0.3.2 alpha):

1. A map with unknown values loads with no errors, but there seems to be a very noticeable lag when panning or clicking on the map. It doesn't happen with every map, but a couple I tested had the same lag.

2. In the palette window, there are artifacts around the tile edges that seem to animate:

Keep up the good work!

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202491 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

That seems to be a result of expanding the palette height for certain resolutions to load the gfx. It doesn't effect everyone. If you encounter problems, you can use the official build. This should be used as a supplemental build to work around the bugs mentioned here.

7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202493 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2
Apollo posted: (16th Feb 2017, 01:47 am)

That seems to be a result of expanding the palette height for certain resolutions to load the gfx. It doesn't effect everyone.

That makes sense. 

It might be worth noting that I didn't have either of those bugs with the previous version. And the pallet window seems to be the same size in both versions.

---
Just your friendly neighborhood Programmer-Man!
7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202494 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

The scroll height sometimes failed to load gfx for additional images. This will fix that issue.

7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202495 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

This could have to do with my laptop being an outdated piece of garbage, but more dated than the laptop I run my map editor on; but I can't scroll when I load up the map editor or else it ends up crashing, and I also can't use allegro for it. If I remove allegro it will open, let me map, etc, but only as far as I can extend each section of my tile/object/other editing.

Wish I could find a solution so I don't have to constantly swap my laptops out to map.

edit: on another note, unlike 3.1b and others, this actually opens on my laptop...

7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202498 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

I will try to find an older build to work with. This one seems to have some alignment issues that really don't make sense from doing a once over of the code. Should be fixable though. If you are not bothered by some of the tiles being a tad off, then by all means use this.

7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202501 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2
Apollo posted: (16th Feb 2017, 04:13 am)

I will try to find an older build to work with. This one seems to have some alignment issues that really don't make sense from doing a once over of the code. Should be fixable though. If you are not bothered by some of the tiles being a tad off, then by all means use this.

I'm not bothered by it at all opposed to the fact I can't scroll down without it crashing, and can't seem to load it with the allegro5 file in my folder. Any idea why either of those occur? Map editor 2 doesn't even seem to work for me.

edit: the palette doesn't even appear for me. I just have a separated black bar from the tiles, yet can click objects, etc. Such a pain it doesn't work for me. It's probably safe to assume this laptop doesn't support openGL..

7 years, 11 weeks ago
Post #202512 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

Would love to see a more usable version of this, especially given the palette fixes (Which are extremely welcome, by the way.)

Unfortunately the view of the map is severely bugged for me, and objects are also very misaligned, oddly. I'm keeping a look out for updates here because a mapper with the existing bugs fixed would be sincerely helpful to me and my team.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202518 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

Well this version of the map editor is something after Bart was working on new features and I was pixeling the bubble pointers that are currently displayed and Sausage's attempt to clean EO map up (though he adamantly denies it and I cba going years back in to Skype chat to simply prove a point). If anyone else has a source closer to 0.3.1b then I will happily patch that. Otherwise you might have to suffer thru until I have some time to sit down and figure out where all of the broken alignments are.

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202525 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2b

I have released a small patch that seems to fix most alignment issues. Still working on the strange problem with drawing new ground tiles that seem to drop by 20 pixels and some maps that just lower a random tile down. This build is slightly more usable.

Edit: It appears the ground tile drawing in this build only errors the first 99 tiles. everything else is drawn to its proper location.

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202576 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

Major breakthrough with correcting the final alignment bug. I will be updating the release in a bit. Going to try to add one additional feature before release.

7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #202577 Re: Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2

Awesome. If this ends up as a fully functional mapper that corrects the palette hard-limits, then I'll definitely be switching to this as my primary mapper.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > Unofficial EO Map 0.3.2