EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Pixel Question
Page: << 1 2 >>
Pixel Question
Post #202409 Pixel Question

When you pixel artist make a sword do yall remake it all 17 times or do yall just use the rotate feature cause I finally made my first decent sword an it looks good but when I used the roatate feature it scarmbles the pixels just wondering if theres a differnet feature or if you just redraw each sword

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202410 Re: Pixel Question

When I made weapons I used to repixel it, but not 17 times since some angles repeat so you need only about 8 angles total instead. However since last time I pixeled a weapon I found a way to rotate without making it all blurry and messy. For this you'll need Gimp, use the Rotation tool there and in the options of the tool there's "Interpolation" option which is by default always set to Cubic, when you change it to None it should keep the rotated piece in pixel quality, but it'll probably still scramble a bit so you'll have to touch up whatever it comes up with. I don't know for sure if this method is any better than what you use, but I prefer it to any other rotation tool.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202411 Re: Pixel Question

Similarly to what Stava said, look at this guide written by myself. Click the Weapons section to read all about this.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202412 Re: Pixel Question

man yall are very good at pixeling it bugs me so much that I cant do it I haven't even been on my game to do anything new in like 3 days ive been trying to pixel but my pixels just don't look right I don't want to make a game if I cant make/add new pixels I just keep addin rings an inventory cause there easy but now that I look back at my rings and stuff there not good either I have no new ideas I just repaint whats already been pixeled I just really want to be able to do this cirras I always good into your gfx an look at your pixels they are just so good an you have so many I just sit here an wonder how you have so many different ideas an looks in your itemsi spent 3 hours last night on making 1 sprite sheet of armor an I just don't like it its not right its not good enough for my game I don't know how to go further with my game not having newer stuff I get these ideas on maps an quests an what npc would be best in which areas an what would be good for them to drop but I just cant make the items to go with my ideas ive never ben able to draw in my life an I think that's a big factor In pixeling ive even been on google looking up pixeling an copying them an pasting them but I cant add them well that's my sob story but yall are good at pixeling hopefully ill get better to

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202413 Re: Pixel Question
Plako posted: (7th Feb 2017, 05:20 pm)

man yall are very good at pixeling it bugs me so much that I cant do it I haven't even been on my game to do anything new in like 3 days ive been trying to pixel but my pixels just don't look right I don't want to make a game if I cant make/add new pixels I just keep addin rings an inventory cause there easy but now that I look back at my rings and stuff there not good either I have no new ideas I just repaint whats already been pixeled I just really want to be able to do this cirras I always good into your gfx an look at your pixels they are just so good an you have so many I just sit here an wonder how you have so many different ideas an looks in your itemsi spent 3 hours last night on making 1 sprite sheet of armor an I just don't like it its not right its not good enough for my game I don't know how to go further with my game not having newer stuff I get these ideas on maps an quests an what npc would be best in which areas an what would be good for them to drop but I just cant make the items to go with my ideas ive never ben able to draw in my life an I think that's a big factor In pixeling ive even been on google looking up pixeling an copying them an pasting them but I cant add them well that's my sob story but yall are good at pixeling hopefully ill get better to

You really need to work on formatting.. it's very hard to read that. :/

Stava and Cirras have been pixeling for as long as I can remember, and it will take a lot of practicing to get that good. 

If I were you I would work on bringing your game up and running and focus on pixeling afterwards. You can always bring updates as you go.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202414 Re: Pixel Question

You could post your designs on here and get C&C and edits, that will help you figure out what you're doing wrong and how to improve.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202415 Re: Pixel Question
stava posted: (7th Feb 2017, 06:54 pm)

You could post your designs on here and get C&C and edits, that will help you figure out what you're doing wrong and how to improve.

I've told my girlfriend to do this but she fears critique.
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202416 Re: Pixel Question

What's there to fear in critique.. It's sometimes hard to spot your own mistakes, after knowing how hard you've worked and after long time working on something you tend to become blind to some mistakes you've made, so a critique pointing them out brings you back on track with what you have to do. You'll definitely improve quicker when someone points out to you what you have to improve.

Unless you believe you've reached the absolute perfection in art (while your not even close to it), I can see how a fair critique will make your world crumble beneath your feet.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202417 Re: Pixel Question

what is c&c an critques a pixeling program or something. Like you can upload a pixel to it an it tells you whats wrong with it. If so post the link so I can download it. an ive tried to unload pictures for so reason I cant. I cant just copy an paste a pixel http://imgur.com/a/fwqIT

I figured it out lol had to save pic under different file. lol I just realize my names wrong on here suppose to be Playko

cant get the back of this cape to look good don't know how to do the shading folds thing like in the advance guide

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202418 Re: Pixel Question
Plako posted: (8th Feb 2017, 02:12 am)

what is c&c an critques a pixeling program or something. Like you can upload a pixel to it an it tells you whats wrong with it. If so post the link so I can download it. an ive tried to unload pictures for so reason I cant

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/critique

Save your image you want to upload, and go to imgur.com, upload it to there then post the link here.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202422 Re: Pixel Question
Plako posted: (8th Feb 2017, 02:12 am)

what is c&c an critques a pixeling program or something. Like you can upload a pixel to it an it tells you whats wrong with it. If so post the link so I can download it. an ive tried to unload pictures for so reason I cant. I cant just copy an paste a pixel http://imgur.com/a/fwqIT

I figured it out lol had to save pic under different file. lol I just realize my names wrong on here suppose to be Playko

cant get the back of this cape to look good don't know how to do the shading folds thing like in the advance guide

These are good designs. I'd advised following Cirras's Pixelsource website for guides from Cirras and Stava themselves for shading and lineart. They helped me a lot when it came to learning how to pixel.

A lot of sheets are copy and paste but the hardest part is creating the concept and/or creating the perfect image first. After that you're flying.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202423 Re: Pixel Question

Thanks an I tried the image of the cape In the advanced guide I tried coping the fold shade from the spent an hour on it never looked right

http://imgur.com/a/w0WDI

just goin with design spent all morning on trying to shade the fold

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202424 Re: Pixel Question

Post your attempt

---
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202427 Re: Pixel Question

http://imgur.com/a/HLQIA

4th one down decided to just do design couldnt do shade folds

but I do have to repixel each armor right cant copy an paste those

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202429 Re: Pixel Question

Download Graphicsgale. Personally, I feel like it's a better program to use than Paint is. It's specifically designed for pixel-art. I know Cirras uses the same one. It helps a lot.

Your armours have a neat design. However, I see a lot of attempts at metal here. Bad part is that metal does not contort. You should add joints or some way to allow the leg to bend. Add something in there would actually make your armours look nicer. Here, look what I did here. I took your last armour and done my own version of it (without shading).

http://imgur.com/oqfJfrO

Your weapon was one pixel and rotated. That's your issue. I personally make 3-4 different angles of the weapon and flip to fit the rest. It works well for me. The only reason I wouldn't recommend it (and the reason Stava does a lot more angles) is because the shading wouldn't be right.

---
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Pixel Question