EOSERV Forum > WebCP > question
Page: << 1 >>
question
Post #202347 question

hi,
ive configured the webcp and it works but how can i view on the webcp the stats of items and npcs?

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202349 Re: question

The NPC and ITEM lists that you can see on game.eoserv.net and endless-edge.com/webcp aren't part of the official webcp bundle.  As far as i know Sausage did this for Apollo's server and later ended up using it for his EO clone.  I think those are the only 2 servers that have it.

The bundle that you downloaded doesn't contain the item/npc list's.  You can either code it yourself, or hope that one day Sausage adds it to the official build.

Ethanmoffat made something similar to what your looking for, that reads pub data and displays it on a webpage (minus the images), that could do what you want it to, or you could altleast use code from that to add it into webcp.  I can't find a download for this one, i know theirs a mirror that someone uploaded on one of the posts, do a few google searches for it.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202351 Re: question
perfect posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 03:30 am)

The NPC and ITEM lists that you can see on game.eoserv.net and endless-edge.com/webcp aren't part of the official webcp bundle.  As far as i know Sausage did this for Apollo's server and later ended up using it for his EO clone.  I think those are the only 2 servers that have it.

The bundle that you downloaded doesn't contain the item/npc list's.  You can either code it yourself, or hope that one day Sausage adds it to the official build.

Ethanmoffat made something similar to what your looking for, that reads pub data and displays it on a webpage (minus the images), that could do what you want it to, or you could altleast use code from that to add it into webcp.  I can't find a download for this one, i know theirs a mirror that someone uploaded on one of the posts, do a few google searches for it.

I had just found that topic and unfortunately it links to a 00webhost.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202354 Re: question
damis posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 11:30 am)

I no longer have access to the original, however, I have the version currently in use on my site, I don't recall editing it much.

Open the config and search for CHANGE ME to edit, don't forget to put your pub files, in the pub folder. - Data Reader by Ethan Moffat

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202355 Re: question
sob posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 04:55 pm)

I no longer have access to the original, however, I have the version currently in use on my site, I don't recall editing it much.

Open the config and search for CHANGE ME to edit, don't forget to put your pub files, in the pub folder. - Data Reader by Ethan Moffat

Damn! Thank you so much for this, it'll be very helpful.
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202356 Re: question
damis posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 05:03 pm)

Yeah, I found it handy as well, thanks Ethan Moffat.
---
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202358 Re: question
sob posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 05:05 pm)

Now while I want that to all apply, I'm wondering how can I keep it still showing my players, guilds, etc, rather than just the items/spells/etc.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202359 Re: question
damis posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 05:34 pm)

Now while I want that to all apply, I'm wondering how can I keep it still showing my players, guilds, etc, rather than just the items/spells/etc.

You could merge / embed the data reader within WebCP, however, without editing the corresponding style .css, specifically the widths and overlapping or scrolling options, this may look bad or not fit etc without.

To embed the data reader you have a few options, for the sake of simplicity though, perhaps something like this?

Navigate to your WebCP folder and open the "tpl" folder, within this open your style folder (green by default).

Open up the file index.html with an editor like notepad or wordpad.

Paste in the following and edit the section that aims to your data reader folder.

<center><object data="../datareader/index.php" width="98%" height="220px"></object></center>

That being said, this is just a simplified example and would not work well like this without the mentioned re-styling.

Example with other things embedded - http://www.sanctumofbeasts.com/cp1/

Edited style file - Style.css

This file goes inside the same folder as you were in above - tpl/green/ for example. 

*Note that this has been edited to match my needs and may have some colour alterations, they may need changing to whatever suits your needs.

*Note, to add a scrollbar within an area, for a <div>, use this - <div class="scroller"> CONTENT GOES HERE </div>

---
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202360 Re: question

Thank you guys,

all i did was throw the download in a new folder in c:/wamp/www
(c:/wamp/www/data) lol

except, for some reason everything shows except for my items?

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202361 Re: question
sob posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 06:14 pm)

You could merge / embed the data reader within WebCP, however, without editing the corresponding style .css, specifically the widths and overlapping or scrolling options, this may look bad or not fit etc without.

To embed the data reader you have a few options, for the sake of simplicity though, perhaps something like this?

Navigate to your WebCP folder and open the "tpl" folder, within this open your style folder (green by default).

Paste in the following and edit the section that aims to your data reader folder.

<center><object data="../datareader/index.php" width="98%" height="220px"></object></center>

That being said, this is just a simplified example and would not work well like this without the mentioned re-styling.

This file goes inside the same folder as you were in above - tpl/green/ for example. 

*Note that this has been edited to match my needs and may have some colour alterations, they may need changing to whatever suits your needs.

*Note, to add a scrollbar within an area, for a <div>, use this - <div class="scroller"> CONTENT GOES HERE </div>

Nothing seems to have changed with applying all of that. I can private message you my site and everything if you would like.

Change your config.php around perhaps, Diablo. I had the same problem and I simply changed how many items to display and it solved it for me. Also ensure your pubs are in the proper folder.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202362 Re: question

Thank you! everything is perfect!!
now if only i could figure out how to implement some pictures haha

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202363 Re: question
damis posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 06:44 pm)

Nothing seems to have changed with applying all of that. I can private message you my site and everything if you would like.

Change your config.php around perhaps, Diablo. I had the same problem and I simply changed how many items to display and it solved it for me. Also ensure your pubs are in the proper folder.

Sometimes you need to Ctrl + F5 and reload your browser cache if you have made style changes, or if there is some form of web cache in operation.

It may just prove easier to provide a simple link to the data reader, somewhere on your main page?

<a href="../datareader/index.php" target="_blank" title="Load the Data Viewer in a new window?">Data Viewer</a>

for example.

Diablo posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 07:24 pm)

This may require the slow tedious process of ripping all the images etc from the client, and creating a small script to show the correct image for each item etc, however, I have a feeling that Sausage may have a method for directly reading the .gfx files, or another way to skip out this tedious part.

---
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202364 Re: question
sob posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 07:51 pm)

damis posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 06:44 pm)

Sometimes you need to Ctrl + F5 and reload your browser cache if you have made style changes, or if there is some form of web cache in operation.

It may just prove easier to provide a simple link to the data reader, somewhere on your main page?

<a href="../datareader/index.php" target="_blank" title="Load the Data Viewer in a new window?">Data Viewer</a>

for example.

Diablo posted: (2nd Feb 2017, 07:24 pm)

This may require the slow tedious process of ripping all the images etc from the client, and creating a small script to show the correct image for each item etc, however, I have a feeling that Sausage may have a method for directly reading the .gfx files, or another way to skip out this tedious part.

Sausage always has a method haha.  I'd like to know how many times he sits there scratching his head before he actually comes up with said method haha!
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202365 Re: question

FYI - I put the source for the data reader up on Github: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EOPubDecoder (I also set up a sample site)

If anyone has any modifications they think are useful or wants to develop a better style CSS for the site feel free to submit a pull request on Github. Since I'm not maintaining the code anymore I don't really care too much what you do with it (within the bounds of the MIT license, of course)

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #204700 Re: question

does anyone have that Data Reader by Ethan Moffat ? please I could really use this! 

Also that edited style.css file would be awsome :\

5 years, 18 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > WebCP > question