EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > maps blanking
Page: << 1 >>
maps blanking
Post #202327 maps blanking

hi i just compiled eoserv but when i make a character it seems like the maps just arent loading??
im using the same client i always used. (never had this issue until this compile)
idk what it is?

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202329 Re: maps blanking

I seem to run into problems like this when I have to many objects on a map or if the map is to large.  Try reducing the amount of objects on the map like all those dirt and rock piles and see if that helps!

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202331 Re: maps blanking

Ensure your pubs and GFX 3/4 are entirely okay and not bugged, alternatively, hit your mini-map and see if there's any purple; there may be an eof on the map you need to remove (typically I find crow bugs the map)

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202332 Re: maps blanking

When you warp does it totally bug the client? invis chars etc? I've had that before and I had to delete the character(I think it was a non-existant item on the chat)

Have you done any character/pub or map editing?

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202333 Re: maps blanking

i can warp fine and sometimes the maps are better when i warp,

and like i said ive used this exact client and set of maps on a different build of eoserv and it was fine

when i compiled my own for the first time it just looks like this for some reason,

the blanking is completely random and loads the map sometimes but not always, why is that???

EDIT: ive also tried rebuilding the database, restarting the server, remaking characters, i just cant figure it out
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202334 Re: maps blanking

It looks like either a pub, or a gfx issue. I had a similar problem with my server that ended up being related to pubs (I can't seem to load pirates or crows, it'll cause my maps to go buggy, and most maps at that) so in my opinion, it might be an NPC issue, as 1 NPC can cause pretty much all maps to bug up.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202335 Re: maps blanking

i think there is an eof i cant see the items im wearing or the gold gfx in my inventory i will refresh my pub and see what happens.

EDIT: how stupid of me, it was my pub althought i didnt really change much just the exp the npcs give

crazy , such a silly error to make, sorry every1! p:

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202336 Re: maps blanking

I honestly find it odd that EOSERV will still happily spawn an "npc" whose entry only represents the end of a data file. ;-;

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202337 Re: maps blanking
Cirras posted: (1st Feb 2017, 07:29 am)

I honestly find it odd that EOSERV will still happily spawn an "npc" whose entry only represents the end of a data file. ;-;

It angers me because often enough I'll try to spawn the last NPC on my list and end up going 1 above and sometimes don't notice it, then it bugs up the game and I realize I spawned the damn eof.
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202338 Re: maps blanking

Do you have a map 00000.emf? Not sure if this is still an issue, but I remember certain builds of eoserv would literally corrupt every map file unless you had this file within the maps folder.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202339 Re: maps blanking

yeah i have a 00000.emf but i already fixed it, im not sure why my pubs got corrupted when literally all i did was change the amount of exp given.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202343 Re: maps blanking
damis posted: (1st Feb 2017, 11:04 am)

It angers me because often enough I'll try to spawn the last NPC on my list and end up going 1 above and sometimes don't notice it, then it bugs up the game and I realize I spawned the damn eof.

It's all good blaming EOSERV for loading it and waiting for Sausage to fix it. But wouldn't it make more sense to either patch it yourself or simply add a 'Dummy' npc to the end of the pubs if you can't code? Atleast then you end up with a useless npc that's useless.
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202345 Re: maps blanking
callum posted: (1st Feb 2017, 11:39 pm)

damis posted: (1st Feb 2017, 11:04 am)

It's all good blaming EOSERV for loading it and waiting for Sausage to fix it. But wouldn't it make more sense to either patch it yourself or simply add a 'Dummy' npc to the end of the pubs if you can't code? Atleast then you end up with a useless npc that's useless.

The 'eof' in my pubs is 677. I can manage to spawn 678 mistakenly at times and it'll cause the server to bug up hard until I reboot.
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > maps blanking