EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Formula for SP recharge?
Page: << 1 >>
Formula for SP recharge?
Post #202311 Formula for SP recharge?

Does anyone know what the formula for SP recharging is? I kind of just skipped it in my client but I would like to know what the rate is for it recharging as you attack (so I can implement it later).

I get what the max SP is - my EOSERV formulas.ini has 'sp = 20 2 level * +' which I'm guessing is 20+(2*level), so base of 20 with 2 SP per level. I think this is the standard (I certainly haven't touched it).

My observation of my level 0 character is that SP changes in repeating sets of 3 attacks: -1 SP, -1 SP, +1 SP. This repeats until the SP is depleted.

From an older thread, it says that AGI boosts your SP recovery rate. I've noticed that my SP recovery got better with level but haven't tried to see if it is correlated to my AGI stat.

I can't find a topic on the site anywhere that claims any knowledge of how this stat works - has anyone ever looked into this and do they know what the formula is?

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202312 Re: Formula for SP recharge?

I always assumed it went up 5% or 10% a second.. but didn't main give you unlimited once you hit level 10? Pretty sure once you went past 30sp the only way to drop it was to speed cast spells..

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202313 Re: Formula for SP recharge?

I would not worry with this feature as it currently is only client-sided and impossible to enforce server-side without a waste of bandwidth modification. It is much better to let the server handle this as a function and just save that bar for something more creative down the road.

7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202315 Re: Formula for SP recharge?
callum posted: (31st Jan 2017, 01:36 am)

I always assumed it went up 5% or 10% a second.. but didn't main give you unlimited once you hit level 10? Pretty sure once you went past 30sp the only way to drop it was to speed cast spells..

Yeah iirc it got impossible to drop it past a certain point once you got through the early levels. I wasn't sure if this was due to the AGI stat or not though. I know some of the spells drain it pretty fast from when I was originally implementing spell casting. I think at least one of them drains the whole thing at once.

Apollo posted: (31st Jan 2017, 01:51 am)

I would not worry with this feature as it currently is only client-sided and impossible to enforce server-side without a waste of bandwidth modification. It is much better to let the server handle this as a function and just save that bar for something more creative down the road.

That's a pretty solid point, and it's not like it's a very important feature. I would still be interested to know how it works, but I won't be investing much time in getting it perfect. I might investigate it further by playing around with AGI/LVL stats, but if I can implement at least the -1 -1 +1 cycle and eventually give the player unlimited SP I'll be happy enough.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
};
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202326 Re: Formula for SP recharge?

Not sure about the AGI, but I know that Callum is correct in that once you hit level 10 you basically have infinite SP. I never got any of the more advanced spells in main EO but I do recall that fire from the sky took a significant amount of SP even when past level 10. 

On a side note, I always thought AGI was for dodge/evade  (Whatever that walking symbol is).

---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Post #202328 Re: Formula for SP recharge?
Misca posted: (1st Feb 2017, 01:28 am)

Not sure about the AGI, but I know that Callum is correct in that once you hit level 10 you basically have infinite SP. I never got any of the more advanced spells in main EO but I do recall that fire from the sky took a significant amount of SP even when past level 10. 

On a side note, I always thought AGI was for dodge/evade  (Whatever that walking symbol is).

Yeah I think AGI affects the evade stat in standard EOSERV (default formulas.ini). AGI affecting SP is only a theory I have based on that old topic - it might not be true at all, and I haven't confirmed it myself.
---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
};
7 years, 12 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Formula for SP recharge?