EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Issue with formulas!
Page: << 1 2 >>
Issue with formulas!
Post #202290 Re: Issue with formulas!

Maybe you broke your source code, or maybe you have this stat table referenced twice, but either way you probably should stop running a server and just pay someone to do it for you.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202291 Re: Issue with formulas!
Apollo posted: (29th Jan 2017, 03:14 pm)

Maybe you broke your source code, or maybe you have this stat table referenced twice, but either way you probably should stop running a server and just pay someone to do it for you.

I haven't read the whole topic yet and i won't read it just to decide whether i was going to edit this comment or not.
I think everybody deserves help without off-topic offending comments , i also believe that everybody have the rights to reply or not.

On topic :

"UseClassFormulas" in config, On?

I think that's the case actually , if the UseClassFormulas was off then each increase in a property like mindam , maxdam ,evade ,etc.. will need two corresponding stats ex this->mindam += this->adj_str / 2;

The config is found in misc.ini and by default it's off!

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202293 Re: Issue with formulas!

I have to assume it was on since it was a specific class, however that brings up another valid point: read thru all of the configuration settings before using the EOSERV software.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202294 Re: Issue with formulas!

Not that I don't appreciate the help Apollo but coming from a person who always tells others to stay on topic, you randomly tell me to stop hosting and pay someone to do it On a forum that's here to help with issues :( no wonder the community is Dieng when people who actually know how to do stuff tell others who don't to just give up and leave

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202295 Re: Issue with formulas!

My point is if you are two lazy to read and use the configuration files then you probably should let someone else do it. There is a large portion of the eoserv.net community that had to build these features in ground up because the luxury of everything being completed was not there, not that it is now. Maybe I am wrong, but when you waste everyone's time because you don't have class formulas on because you didn't bother taking the time to read a few files then yes, you should be having someone do this for you. 

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202296 Re: Issue with formulas!

I understand your point but there is no reason to be rude about it what you said came up is very rude I did initially have someone helping me do the EO serve part of it but they got really busy so now I am taking over but it's still a little confusing for me to figure everything out where everything is so I figured I would ask.  I am not wasting anyones time no one is actually obligated to help me, I was just hoping someone would..The issue was I thought the useformula was already on but when I changed over to the newest rev awhile back I guess I forgot to change it back.. Thanks Soul!

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202317 Re: Issue with formulas!

Ah yes, the "I tried to help you but you didn't understand so I'm going to go off topic and give you my own personal opinion on you" technique, that turns into an argument about how people should act on a forum and the topic gets removed before the OP gets his issue resolved.

Classic EOSERV.

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202318 Re: Issue with formulas!
Nurd posted: (31st Jan 2017, 11:54 am)

Ah yes, the "I tried to help you but you didn't understand so I'm going to go off topic and give you my own personal opinion on you" technique, that turns into an argument about how people should act on a forum and the topic gets removed before the OP gets his issue resolved.

Classic EOSERV.

He has paid someone since day one to do everything for him. Apparently he has to do things on his own now and hasn't got a clue as to what he is doing. If you get your little fee fees hurt because someone tells you to either read the setup files or have someone do it for you then you probably need to. Sorry, I don't sugar coat things.
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202319 Re: Issue with formulas!

I have not paid anyone "Since day one" I  had someone working with me(Who I had always planned to make a server with) who was setting up eoserv, while I did all the quests,mapping,layout and everything else. We worked together I did not pay him but he got busy with IRL stuff So the last few months I have been trying to learn the eoserv part of it..Don't just assume Darren.  I'm sorry I am not the great Master Coder you are Darren.

This topic is solved there is no reason to continue to type in it.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202320 Re: Issue with formulas!

Reading a setup doesn't involve any "master coder"-ish bullshit as you seem to be swaying to "you are a programmer, I am not". EOSERV can run out of box, but with a small setup process and a few needed data files. Again, my point is in the time you have wasted here with the OP to the point you actually turned the formulas on you could have read the entire setup to make sure something wasn't screwed up on your side. Furthermore, if you really have a valid reason for not doing that, or you are too lazy, or someone did it for you, or whatever reason then maybe you should have someone doing this for you. It isn't meant to be rude or hurt your little feelings, it is just good advice. It is pretty well common knowledge you have only made maps and quests and that is the limit of your knowledge with the software, so suggesting you get someone to do it for you is probably the single best bit of advice you could possibly have. Sorry if you got your vagina hurt.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202321 Re: Issue with formulas!

Your right I'm sorry let me get someone to help! I only asked this question because I assumed that the useformulas was already on because it was previously on before and I had no reason to assume it was off before.  It was most likely shut off when I updated to the newest eoserv rev.  Thanks for the help!

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202322 Re: Issue with formulas!

Next point, make your own branch of config files so if you copy over the originals with and updated version you don't revert to default. There are examples of how to include these as well.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202323 Re: Issue with formulas!
Apollo posted: (31st Jan 2017, 05:21 pm)

Next point, make your own branch of config files so if you copy over the originals with and updated version you don't revert to default. There are examples of how to include these as well.

ok thanks
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Issue with formulas!