EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Issue with formulas!
Page: << 1 2 >>
Issue with formulas!
Post #202265 Issue with formulas!

I am using the current eoserv rev and I seem to be having an issue with formulas.  I was trying to add in another class but noticed that none of the values I set have been working.

# Warrior

class.6.damage = 3 str /

class.6.accuracy = 3 agi /

class.6.evade = 5 agi /

class.6.defence = 4 con /

This should mean that every 5 agi I add you get 1 evade but it's adding any stat at only 2 points so if I put only 2 points in they get 2 evade..Same for Damage and the rest. I put 2 points only into str and they get 1 dmg instead of it being 3

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202266 Re: Issue with formulas!

What do you think 6 in class.6 refers to. 99% sure that is where your error is.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202267 Re: Issue with formulas!

is that not because warrior is class 6? Even if I change numbers on both sides it still only gives gives the stat for every 2 points

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202268 Re: Issue with formulas!
arglon posted: (28th Jan 2017, 01:43 pm)

is that not because warrior is class 6? Even if I change numbers on both sides it still only gives gives the stat for every 2 points

I'm almost certain class.6 refers to Summoner, and Class 5 High Priest.

Check your pubs for their class IDs. I think Warrior is 3.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202269 Re: Issue with formulas!

The number within the formulas.ini file does not refer to the class ID, it refers to the class type. This is a setting for each class within the .ecf file. Here is Sausages meta-layout for the ECF data:

enum ECF_Class_Type : char
{
  0 Melee
  1 Rogue
  2 Magic
  3 Archer
  4 Peasant
}

struct ECF_Class
{
prefix_string name char parent_type
ECF_Class_Type type // <-- Class type his here!!!!
short str short intl short wis short agi short con short cha }
---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202270 Re: Issue with formulas!

In terms of editpub, you should be referencing the stat table field and not the class ID.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202271 Re: Issue with formulas!
Apollo posted: (28th Jan 2017, 03:51 pm)

In terms of editpub, you should be referencing the stat table field and not the class ID.

Thank you for that correction.

Also, according to the pub edit, Warrior is stat table 0, while it was Archer that's 3. 

I'm out of it today.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202273 Re: Issue with formulas!

If you're having trouble, just use some ready to use EOserv rip-offs, so it will be easier for you to start a server.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202275 Re: Issue with formulas!

I don't see any solution so far unless I'm wrong all I see is everyone telling me what it means but it's still not working

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202276 Re: Issue with formulas!
arglon posted: (28th Jan 2017, 10:07 pm)

I don't see any solution so far unless I'm wrong all I see is everyone telling me what it means but it's still not working

I gave you the answer in my two previous replies. The formulas are evaluated just fine assuming you didn't break the source code.
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202277 Re: Issue with formulas!

Nothing was changed in the source code and I've compiled the latest rev and still the same :( It's like its not even reading my forumals :(

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202278 Re: Issue with formulas!

Open editpub, then open the ecf file in your server's pub directory. Click on the Warrior class, then reply back with the Stat Table value. 

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202279 Re: Issue with formulas!

I thought this was going to work..But Maybe I am still doing this wrong..In the Stat Table field in the edit pub what Am I suppose to put? The number down of what the class I am choosing in the ini file is? Because I've tried various numbers in it and still no matter what I do any 2 points gives me the boost instead of what I have it set to :(

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202287 Re: Issue with formulas!
arglon posted: (28th Jan 2017, 11:53 pm)

I thought this was going to work..But Maybe I am still doing this wrong..In the Stat Table field in the edit pub what Am I suppose to put? The number down of what the class I am choosing in the ini file is? Because I've tried various numbers in it and still no matter what I do any 2 points gives me the boost instead of what I have it set to :(

Here's an example:

Warrior Stat Table ID: 0 

Formula setup:

# Warrior

class.0.damage = 1.8 str /

class.0.accuracy = 2.5 str /

class.0.evade = 2 agi /

class.0.defence = 2 con /

Warrior is #6 in your pub file, which is why in game, it's class 6. However, you're basing it off of your pub file stat table, so if you change the stat table to 4, you'd change class.0, to class.4.

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202288 Re: Issue with formulas!

That's What I tried and it's still not working lol

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Issue with formulas!