EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Making a cross-platform EO client clone.
Page: << 1 >>
Making a cross-platform EO client clone.
Post #202232 Making a cross-platform EO client clone.

I am making a eo client clone,since there are 2 or more clients in progress,i thought i would make mine special somehow by making it cross-platform.

I am using Allegro 5 which is a cross-platform.

I have loaded bitmaps from the EGF files using no "windows.h" so far.

The question , What else should i keep mind while making a cross-platform eo client till the end?

7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #202236 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.

I suggest you make a github for the project so the community can more effectively comment on potential stumbling blocks in the code.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #202237 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.
Cirras posted: (24th Jan 2017, 07:29 pm)

I suggest you make a github for the project so the community can more effectively comment on potential stumbling blocks in the code.

That's assuming he wants this project to be open source. Hopefully that's the case though.
---
stay tuned.
7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #202238 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.

Yes he got it right , the project will be open source.
I will make a github once i finish orienting the code written so far.
I must mention that i accept help from anyone for full credits.

7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #202239 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.
freezingsoul posted: (24th Jan 2017, 07:57 pm)

Yes he got it right , the project will be open source.
I will make a github once i finish orienting the code written so far.
I must mention that i accept help from anyone for full credits.

Awesome man, can't wait to see more.
---
stay tuned.
7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #202241 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.

Basically you need to make sure you are using compatible versions of Allegro for each platform. I assume you will attempt to support Mac and Windows. You really will need to define in the source which OS build is the target for differences between platform libraries. At the very least create nothing more than a small GUI in Allegro with a login connection. At that point you will have everything on the table that you will need to get going. I haven't worked with XCode because I don't have a Mac to test shit on and really less than 10% of the world even uses Mac as a PC alternative. Just my thoughts though.

7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #202243 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.
Apollo posted: (24th Jan 2017, 09:36 pm)

Basically you need to make sure you are using compatible versions of Allegro for each platform. I assume you will attempt to support Mac and Windows. You really will need to define in the source which OS build is the target for differences between platform libraries. At the very least create nothing more than a small GUI in Allegro with a login connection. At that point you will have everything on the table that you will need to get going. I haven't worked with XCode because I don't have a Mac to test shit on and really less than 10% of the world even uses Mac as a PC alternative. Just my thoughts though.

You know what, i changed my mind about cross-platform , i do not own a mac too , i was planning on using Virtual Box but my RAM is not that high for even moderate performance.

However i will use standard 'c' types and won't use any Winapi , so that anyone interested could make it compatible with their platform easily. 
7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #203176 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.

Hello. How is it going?

6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203177 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.
Jimmyee posted: (23rd May 2017, 10:09 pm)

Hello. How is it going?

I got bored after a few days from writing this post to be honest.I will redo it in the next month but this time i will be sure to not get bored,that will be through the use of pair programming or even a team if possible, if you got time and energy to dedicate, let me know.
6 years, 49 weeks ago
Post #203178 Re: Making a cross-platform EO client clone.
freezingsoul posted: (23rd May 2017, 11:49 pm)

Jimmyee posted: (23rd May 2017, 10:09 pm)

Hello. How is it going?

I got bored after a few days from writing this post to be honest.I will redo it in the next month but this time i will be sure to not get bored,that will be through the use of pair programming or even a team if possible, if you got time and energy to dedicate, let me know.

I know that feeling really well :P The question is... Why do something that doesn't excite you? Anyway, I really would like to join but I like to code solo :) 
6 years, 49 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Game Development > Making a cross-platform EO client clone.