EOSERV Forum > WebCP > Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.
Page: << 1 >>
Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.
Post #202096 Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.

Trying to get wampserver to run on my vps so that I can setup webcp but I'm missing msvcr110.dll. I've downloaded it and put it in my CF folder in pfx86 yet when I try to open wamp it still shows as missing. What to do?

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #202098 Re: Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.

have you tried googling the problem ? that usually helps

anyways, you need a Microsoft Visual C++ Redist that will solve your problem

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #202099 Re: Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.

I know for Windows you sometimes have to register the DLL using regsvr32 command. Maybe try dropping it into your windows directory if its available on the server, register the DLL, reboot then try again.

Sorry I can't be of more help, haven't used a Windows based vps.

PS: linode has premade images that contains your web server, PHP, MySQL etc. It makes deploying these types of things a breeze. You'll also gain a lot of knowledge about managing servers via bash. When I began with it I had no clue around it, after a few years of forcing myself to use it, I now feel like I've benefited a lot from it. Just a suggestion, I'm no way affiliated with linode other then my experiences.

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #202100 Re: Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.

Use an older install of WAMP or try XAMPP. Idk why the hell WAMP requires any of Microsoft's distro packages now, but it seems it doesn't work as a smooth out of box installation. Try installing locally before you do so on your vps to make sure you have a working solution. Also, if you use older installers, make sure to update php and apache manually(google how to do this).

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #202102 Re: Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.

use sysinternals procmon to filter NAME NOT FOUND results when you start wamp server and find where it's looking for msvcr at and can't find it, then provide that location.

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #202108 Re: Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.

Alright, so it's fully functioning.. EXCEPT.. it's not updating, and I'm not sure how often it's supposed to. In config.php I have it set to 20s but nobody has updated since the hour it has been up.

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #202114 Re: Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.
damis posted: (8th Jan 2017, 02:27 pm)

Alright, so it's fully functioning.. EXCEPT.. it's not updating, and I'm not sure how often it's supposed to. In config.php I have it set to 20s but nobody has updated since the hour it has been up.

Do you mean this -

// How many seconds to keep the online list/status cached, reducing this will increase the accuracy of the online list/status, but increase server load

$onlinecache = 60;

As far as I can tell it works, did you put an "s" on it? 20s for example, maybe that causes an issue?

The online count won't change without reloading the page however, even if the cache timer has expired, the script writes the current online to a .cache file, and then outputs the cache to the page, so even when the timer expires, it will not re-cache the online list unless it is requested to do so by a page load etc.

You can manually delete the online.cache file and it will recreate one with the current online if needed.

---
Host of a blacklisted server...
7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #202115 oi
sob posted: (8th Jan 2017, 09:25 pm)

damis posted: (8th Jan 2017, 02:27 pm)

Do you mean this -

// How many seconds to keep the online list/status cached, reducing this will increase the accuracy of the online list/status, but increase server load

$onlinecache = 60;

As far as I can tell it works, did you put an "s" on it? 20s for example, maybe that causes an issue?

The online count won't change without reloading the page however, even if the cache timer has expired, the script writes the current online to a .cache file, and then outputs the cache to the page, so even when the timer expires, it will not re-cache the online list unless it is requested to do so by a page load etc.

You can manually delete the online.cache file and it will recreate one with the current online if needed.

Just one last thing. If an admin creates a guild it won't shop in the top guilds, and in addition to that, if I click on a guild name in the top guilds, I see this.

Object not found!

The requested URL was not found on this server. The link on the referring page seems to be wrong or outdated. Please inform the author of  about the error.

If you think this is a server error, please contact the 

Error 404

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > WebCP > Can't get Wampserver to open on VPS.