EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors
Page: << 1 >>
Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors
Post #202089 Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors

Imagine playing EO, but not in the same resolution and size as it is now, but the same size and resolution of that you see in the map editor. And then maybe to open your inventory you could press I, and to talk press enter, or t? Increasing the speed would be great. And this would also encourage making big maps because people can explore them easier, if they are running fast, and if they can see wider portions of the map. Also it would make it great for mappers. When we are mapping it looks nothing like it will in game. Seeing exactly what it will look like in game would be awesome

Edit: I think the art of this game could be much more appreciated if we portrayed it in a way that we want to, not in a way that we need to due to client limitations.

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202090 Re: Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors

Ethan's client will eventually support unbounded display size, if his readme is to be believed.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202091 Re: Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors

Listen there is already several popular threads going about an open source eo...Please stop making a topic every time 1 idea pops into your head 

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202097 Re: Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors
arglon posted: (7th Jan 2017, 11:54 am)

Listen there is already several popular threads going about an open source eo...Please stop making a topic every time 1 idea pops into your head 

Creativity and ideas should never be shunned, should always be welcomed. 
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202101 Re: Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors

It's okay arglon we all need our ways to get on the top 10 posters list.
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202104 Re: Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors
Cirras posted: (7th Jan 2017, 11:42 am)

Ethan's client will eventually support unbounded display size, if his readme is to be believed.

Ha. Uh. Wishful thinking at this point... :) if I were smart I would have supported that from the beginning. I tried to make an IClientWindowSizeProvider interface that provides the display width/height and use that for placing controls relative to the size of the display, but I don't use it in nearly enough places, so there's a lot of hard-coded numbers.

I might try implementing that though, even though its out of the scope of the project. We'll see. I still need to get back into the swing of working on it after the holiday.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202105 Re: Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors
damis posted: (7th Jan 2017, 05:20 pm)

Creativity and ideas should never be shunned, should always be welcomed. 

Has nothing to do with me trying to stop his creativity and ideas, I'm just saying topics exist already for these kinds of ideas to be placed and he doesn't need to make a new topic everytime lol
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #203258 Re: Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors

Arglon, you're a forum nazi.

6 years, 45 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Custom Client Ideas: EO screen the same as EO map editors