EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > How bad Did I ruin this map?
Page: << 1 >>
How bad Did I ruin this map?
Post #202060 How bad Did I ruin this map?

Question 1: what do you think about putting different trees on maps, as long as they arent crowded?

Check out these maps, rate them, tell me what to fix. This is version 1:

This is version 2:

My question is: how bad did this version 2 ruin the map? With the cliff part and the bushes? I added those because of the next map, it has walls there so I wanted it to seem normal? Does it look okay?

Also, this is the start of the second map:

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202062 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?

uhm if I remember a map tutorial I dont think you shape the black space around the map that way, I think the map is supposed to stay square.

yeah version 2 needs work, maybe be larger. this looks fun. Btw I think I sent you a skype msg did you get it?

That tree in the first screenshot, I think it just depends what you want to do with that chest area, do you want it to be inviting (clear no tree), or some what secluded and not inviting (tree in the way)

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202063 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?
Hacker_Alex posted: (6th Jan 2017, 08:30 pm)

uhm if I remember a map tutorial I dont think you shape the black space around the map that way, I think the map is supposed to stay square.

yeah version 2 needs work, maybe be larger. this looks fun. Btw I think I sent you a skype msg did you get it?

That tree in the first screenshot, I think it just depends what you want to do with that chest area, do you want it to be inviting (clear no tree), or some what secluded and not inviting (tree in the way)

I don't use Skype anymore. But I'll download it now. Taetm.conley is the account you have added, right?

Here's my edited second map, is it too repetitive in details?:

I redid the first map, here's what I have. The only problem is that when I put those new walls there to make the map look like a square, it doesn't look right when continuing to the next map. I still think this looks a lot better though. :

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202064 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?

the maps just feel small to me, actually no I searched up the email you have on your eoserv account, and it gave me some other skype.

but that transition from cliff wall to smaller cliff looks like an ouch :/

Is there a tile that shows the cliff ending on the back side? so you can fake a wall on the back side then move the smaller cliff more into the back

Do you use discord

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202065 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?
Hacker_Alex posted: (6th Jan 2017, 09:38 pm)

the maps just feel small to me, actually no I searched up the email you have on your eoserv account, and it gave me some other skype.

but that transition from cliff wall to smaller cliff looks like an ouch :/

Is there a tile that shows the cliff ending on the back side? so you can fake a wall on the back side then move the smaller cliff more into the back

Do you use discord

Yeah Ill private message u a server me and Wesly are on.
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202527 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?

I would suggest doing something similar to this:

See how there's a tiny line you can see between the grass "below" and the grass "on top" on the north end? This helps to show that there is a "height difference" in between those tiles. With how you have it now, it looks like there's just an odd flat 2D wall in a weird place that you could just walk around. Even though you probably have walls in place there, then it'd just seem odd that you can't walk in some squares it seems like you would be able to in.

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202531 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?

Their cute <3 but really tiny xD.... I think with the tree looks a little better : ) imho

---
Graphics Designer.
"I'll keep believing in the future, not caring if anyone laughs at me"
Hi : D I am me!
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202550 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?

First of all you gotta stop letting yourself down. This isn't a bad map! Don't say it is.

You need to make these changes to make your map look better. That's it!

Moving the chest to the position means that if you make a way to get up there, it means you wont have a random wall just sitting around and nobody able to pass by. Especially if someone's at the other side of it.

That long square.. Remove those tiles. This gives a better indication of a higher surface.

The tile circles out, there's a few of those. Fix them with some corners and you're good to go!

Here is more or less the same thing - get rid of that back line! Give the indication of a higher surface and your maps will be perfect.

Just underneath that ledge, you should have tiles similar to ones I've pointed out there. Place those in.

As for your trees, they look very divided. Try mixing them around a bit.

These are very small very common mistakes in mapping, don't beat yourself up about it. You're doing well. I wanna see you fix these issues and then make another map similar with no mistakes in it. You'll do great! :)

---
"Nurd, you're like a fucking swiss army knife" - Necrosis
7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202947 Re: How bad Did I ruin this map?

Lols, how long have you been mapping?

---
Whitewolf v19
Endless Origins and Z
7 years, 7 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > How bad Did I ruin this map?