EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.
Page: << 1 >>
Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.
Post #202047 Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.

Basically, I want to make it more realistic. I want it so that you still use the unk tiles to signify where the mining/harvesting is active, but also use the .ini for X and Y coordinates so that some maps, or some areas will have different minerals available for harvesting, rather than you gaining more minerals simply by leveling, hitting the same rock forever. Another good thing would be a cooldown for attacking the same rock. Like the rock would become depleted, and you would need to find another spot to mine. Is this possible? How hard is it? Also is anyone interested in joining a project I'm starting? I want to make a really good server again, but will need programmers and skilled people to help implement the features.

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202050 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.

This just gave me a decent idea .. If you make  rock,tree,water NPC graphic's and make sure they spawn on the same loc as the ones you have configured and standing still I think that could solve your problem. So my idea here is when they die bamb resoure has been depleted gotta wait for them to respawn you could possibly use the drops.ini for the gained items.

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202053 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.

Idk that idea sounds pretty lame to me, since if someone turned on their map they'd see those tiles have red monsters on them. I mean sure the things get an HP bar, and you could disable the minimap, but what's more important, cleanliness (keeping it wall tiles and allowing minimap), or having an HP bar

---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202055 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.
Hacker_Alex posted: (6th Jan 2017, 05:32 pm)

Idk that idea sounds pretty lame to me, since if someone turned on their map they'd see those tiles have red monsters on them. I mean sure the things get an HP bar, and you could disable the minimap, but what's more important, cleanliness (keeping it wall tiles and allowing minimap), or having an HP bar

You could do this with tiles and just make the server store each tile as a random ore? Or make certain maps have certain ores. Just add a cooldown on the ore and give a 'This ore is deleted' message until the cooldown hits.

I'm a huge fan of having these systems in configs as It's just as easy really and you don't have a map flooded with awful Unk tiles then.

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202056 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.

LMFAO THIS GAME IS STILL HERE IM GOING TO HANG MYSELF XDDDDD

---
Former EOSERV.net Administrator.
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202058 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.
vanilla posted: (6th Jan 2017, 07:30 pm)

I think you coded or mapped for me or something. I think u also DDOsed me too lol whats up?

@Insomniac that's a neat idea but as the other person said, it wouldn't be very clean. 

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202066 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.
lolss posted: (6th Jan 2017, 07:37 pm)

I think you coded or mapped for me or something. I think u also DDOsed me too lol whats up?

@Insomniac that's a neat idea but as the other person said, it wouldn't be very clean. 

Yeah thats the only way i can see to add graphical support to the features.Disableing the minimap is not a big deal I've only seen people use it in mazes..so depletion of the ore would be strictly up to your imagination unless you can tap into map layers manipulate the map objects/tiles create temp mapfiles and send the map mutation packet.I would say no matter how you go about this it will be a giant ugly hackin :D

7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202067 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.
insomniac posted: (6th Jan 2017, 11:28 pm)

Yeah thats the only way i can see to add graphical support to the features.Disableing the minimap is not a big deal I've only seen people use it in mazes..so depletion of the ore would be strictly up to your imagination unless you can tap into map layers manipulate the map objects/tiles create temp mapfiles and send the map mutation packet.I would say no matter how you go about this it will be a giant ugly hackin :D

Yeah. Another problem with that is you could "mine" with any weapon, when attacking the NPC. I think something like that would be cool though, something that works kinda like NPC's, but would allow more like mining level, mining pickaxe, etc.. It would be cool to mine something, and then have it disappear like when an NPC gets killed. Then maybe respawns at "x" time? 
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202073 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.
lolss posted: (7th Jan 2017, 12:33 am)

insomniac posted: (6th Jan 2017, 11:28 pm)

Yeah. Another problem with that is you could "mine" with any weapon, when attacking the NPC. I think something like that would be cool though, something that works kinda like NPC's, but would allow more like mining level, mining pickaxe, etc.. It would be cool to mine something, and then have it disappear like when an NPC gets killed. Then maybe respawns at "x" time? 

uhm I dont think so lolss, the client sends the attack packet and the server does the responding. it would just have to check what weapon you have equiped and not respond with anything for certain weapons..

Can you do damage to NPCs?
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 16 weeks ago
Post #202093 Re: Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.

Sorry I had a whole paragraph written and for some reason i dissconnected when I submitted it so basicly what I said was you could use the quest,dialog packets to prompt people if they swing at the ore with a basic weapon option to switch to mining tool what type of ore an how much is left and or the cooldown period before it its useable again.

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Better "Harvesting" Features? Mining, woodcutting, etc.