EOSERV Forum > EOMap > EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>
EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
Post #202218 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
freezingsoul posted: (22nd Jan 2017, 12:52 am)

I admit this going to be an off-topic post, but it's better than an off-forum topic .

Wouldn't it be good to make a section for blogs next to "Home" "Download" "Dev" "Wiki" , etc , where people could post their eo-related (only eo-related please) projects and news about it.

Click on Dev, and make a feature request for eoserv.net
---
I not hacker

“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its
whole life believing that it is stupid.” - Albert Einstein : Really Great Quote Ramy!
7 years, 14 weeks ago
Post #202234 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

Any updates?

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202235 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

Checking daily because of hype. Sausage, where ya at!?

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202246 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
freezingsoul posted: (22nd Jan 2017, 12:52 am)

I admit this going to be an off-topic post, but it's better than an off-forum topic .

Wouldn't it be good to make a section for blogs next to "Home" "Download" "Dev" "Wiki" , etc , where people could post their eo-related (only eo-related please) projects and news about it.

I was actually inspired by making post to add a post feature for the OP to stack up posts on the front page without using reserve posts, which would work as well as a blog IMO, and won't have to be separate from the forum.

Also no updates yet, more interesting stuff has my attention for now, but I feel some motivation coming on...

7 years, 13 weeks ago
Post #202528 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

I am extremely excited for this. Also I like Arglon's idea of having a new section of "layers" that you can combine different tiles together to form one thing that you can paste from the palette.
Also a feature I would personally absolutely love to see is a copy & paste feature aside from saving it to the palette, but rather where you can select a group of coordinates from one map, copy it, then paste the "set of tiles" from that map onto another map at any coordinate, so long as there is enough space.

Could always set it so when you are pasting a group of tiles in either of these forms, it will paste it from the "0,0" direction of the coordinates. Northmost and Westmost tiles.

Though the copy and paste from one map to another is literally only something I feel I would personally use (though I could be wrong) for my style of mapping.

Edit: Another thing I would like to see added to this is the max limit size of making maps. The other day I was going to make an entire world in one map, just for personal use not as a real in game map, but found out I wouldn't be able to due to the size limit.

Edit 2: I also see a lot of people here only simply requesting that when switching to and back from other layers, the palette remembers your spot in each layer. Have they never touched Exile's editor? Eomap 0.3.5r8.4 is what he called it. It does just that and more. Though it is not an official build.

7 years, 10 weeks ago
Post #202574 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

I'd like to see a built in feature where certain special tiles have a higher priority level when mapping (Doesn't get replaced by other special tiles when moused over). Edge tiles being a 3, walls being a 2, npc walls being a 1, and everything else being 0. Would make filling in certain areas with arena/water/etc a lot easier not having to go back to place certain walls due to a slip of the hand or mouse dpi.

---
Something I do instead of sleeping
7 years, 9 weeks ago
Post #203216 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

Really hoping this isn't dead..

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203217 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

It's been inactive for 19 weeks though. Hope is definitely something to appreciate but it doesn't change anything... Taking action surely does :)

6 years, 46 weeks ago
Post #203481 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

how's the development on this Sausage ?

6 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #203482 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
wesly posted: (7th Aug 2017, 06:27 pm)

DEAD
---
stay tuned.
6 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #203483 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
andrewbob1 posted: (7th Aug 2017, 11:59 pm)

wesly posted: (7th Aug 2017, 06:27 pm)

DEAD

Stop it, I want this to be a thing.

No mapper exists that has all the features I need, and the closest one still crashes on me regularly. This is a big deal for me :(

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #203484 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

What features do you still need?

6 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #203485 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
Apollo posted: (8th Aug 2017, 12:53 am)

Animated walls to be properly detected and animated in the mapper. In all iterations of the existing mapper the animated wall IDs are hardcoded. The client actually detects and animates them though, shockingly.
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
6 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #203486 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog
Apollo posted: (8th Aug 2017, 12:53 am)

a Fill Tool , a brush , and a Undo/Redo option please :3
6 years, 38 weeks ago
Post #203487 Re: EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog

An a way so that eomap doesn't crash every 2 seconds for pushing the wrong button xD

6 years, 38 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 4 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOMap > EOMap "Next Gen" Development Blog