EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Lag with bosses
Page: << 1 2 >>
Lag with bosses
Post #201857 Lag with bosses

A few of my players are noticing huge lag spikes when taking on a boss.  Any people observing the fight don't notice any change in lag but people battling the boss notice huge lag increases from 1000 ping all the way up to 4000 ping but when the boss dies the lag goes back down...Any ideas why?  This is happening with multiple long lasting encounters on different maps :(

Some of the things I tried to minimise lag was to reduce map size, reduced map npcs spawns and also reduce shadows.  I also had players use only potions and no spells on the boss and still had  the same lag.  This seemed to suddenly happen out of no where so I am just not sure what the cause is.

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201858 Re: Lag with bosses

If the lag instant? The eodelta Rev is quite old now and I think it queues packets which sorta simulates lagg..(I think) or is there something in the npc code that's spamming players?

There's really not much I can suggest since it could be anything custom added to the rev or your vps

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201859 Re: Lag with bosses

I don't use Eo Delta, I use the current Eo Rev from eoserv.  Nothing new has been added to it on my end.  This is an issue that randomly just started happening so that's why I am confused

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201860 Re: Lag with bosses

This is happening with me too.. Not using any custom build or anything, and lag just randomly started about 5 days ago for people.

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201861 Re: Lag with bosses

Are there multiple bosses on the map?

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201863 Re: Lag with bosses
Deaven posted: (20th Dec 2016, 08:01 pm)

Are there multiple bosses on the map?

No and it's happening in any long lasting encounter on even old maps this suddenly happened it seems
7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201864 Re: Lag with bosses

Welcome to sausages new hidden backdoor i guess, oh and did you really think the devs would help you with this problem? haha what a joke. Sausage is too busy being jealous over EO2 right now, try again in another month.

---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
−1 Irrelevant off-topic ranting not needed. --Sausage 7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201865 Re: Lag with bosses
elevations posted: (21st Dec 2016, 03:30 am)

Welcome to sausages new hidden backdoor i guess, oh and did you really think the devs would help you with this problem? haha what a joke. Sausage is too busy being jealous over EO2 right now, try again in another month.

ur so cancer
---
7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201866 Re: Lag with bosses

Jesus fucking christ man.

@Arglon,

Does restarting server fix the lag for the time being or does it automatically just lag right off bat? Also any form of shadows lag the whole game or at least make it skip frames tremendously, but I don't think that has to do with anything like your describing. The best guess I could think of is you don't have enough hosting power to handle multiple people attacking an npc all at once... although it wouldn't make sense if it just started doing this unless your hosting company is throttling you. Then again it doesn't make sense people watching wouldn't lag at all or the entire server, meaning it's client side thing or at least a weird glitch happening with how eoserv handles combat or npc's. Something off top my head is the monster/npc's sprite is too big for the client to handle, but that gives off a different lag effect.

You didn't change anything priror at all for this to happen? I mean people edit there servers frequently, so it wouldn't surprise me if you made a change that wasn't directly directed towards the certain boss, but somehow changed how it acted in the server.

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201868 Re: Lag with bosses

Ahahah fuck you're a loser.. bragging about something that only took you what? A year to copy off sausage lmao

@arglon you haven't given nearly enough info to get an answer.. does it affect everyone? Or only players in the battle.. is it lagg? Or is it like player actions are being queued (which I think is happening)? Can outsiders see the lagg? If you warp one of the players is it instant?(they shouldn't get an instant warp update if it's lagg right?)

Also does it stop if they stop attacking?or moving off the map

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201869 Re: Lag with bosses

Most people wouldn't dare to put something like that into an opensource project, instead opting to put their backdoors and other malicious goodies into close-sourced forks of opensource projects.

Avoiding detection is key in these scenarios, so they're also always sure to encrypt or otherwise obfuscate the contents of any malicious files, especially if bundled with an otherwise clean program.

Cough.

---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201870 Re: Lag with bosses

The action queue tends to build up lag if you're attacking or walking for a very long period of time, which can be measured with the #ping command. Playing with the PacketRateAttack config option might help a bit, but the lower it's set the more advantage speeders will get.

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201871 Re: Lag with bosses

It's only happening to the people directly attacking bosses and it seemed to happen out of nowhere if I'm just watching the fight the people will lag but I won't 

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201872 Re: Lag with bosses
arglon posted: (21st Dec 2016, 12:42 pm)

It's only happening to the people directly attacking bosses and it seemed to happen out of nowhere if I'm just watching the fight the people will lag but I won't 

How long does it take for them to start lagging?
---
Want to learn to pixel?
Pixelsource.org
7 years, 15 weeks ago
Post #201873 Re: Lag with bosses

I will consider this solved, Editing those packet times helped alot in reducing lag build up on bosses so thanks sausage :P Also thanks everyone for the imput! I will continue to monitor this because I Don't like that this just randomly happened!

7 years, 15 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 >>

EOSERV Forum > EOSERV > Lag with bosses