EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > New Map Release By Lolss
Page: << 1 >>
New Map Release By Lolss
Post #201807 New Map Release By Lolss 7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201808 Re: New Map Release By Lolss

no disrespect, but if u feel like ur going to keep making map releases why not keep it in one thread?

---
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201810 Re: New Map Release By Lolss
Haze posted: (14th Dec 2016, 06:22 am)

no disrespect, but if u feel like ur going to keep making map releases why not keep it in one thread?

because i wanted to make a new one
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201811 Re: New Map Release By Lolss

The stuff floating on top of the water is weird, and on the 2nd picture there's a lot of broken edges (connections between grass/water).

The map itself is really cool and creative, I like it.

Edit: I dunno why you choose to use those ugly well graphics when there's a updated version of it which looks amazing.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201812 Re: New Map Release By Lolss
stava posted: (14th Dec 2016, 09:24 am)

The stuff floating on top of the water is weird, and on the 2nd picture there's a lot of broken edges (connections between grass/water).

Edit: I dunno why you choose to use those ugly well graphics when there's a updated version of it which looks amazing.

There are no spliced tiles to fit in those areas that you are talking about. The only way to get around it is to add the gfx for it (Which I had you crop several in the past), or to use the normal walls, then place the grass as (Top) tiles. The only problem with top tiles is that if you go to walk on top of that section of grass your character will be standing underneath half of the grass because it is reading that tile as a roof/overpass.

@Lolss  It's an improvement on your end. But I agree w/ stava, the stuff on the water does seem out of place (The Atlantis/staircase). Also, keep in mind that in general, cattails appear normally on shore.

---
Former multi-server mapper.
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201813 Re: New Map Release By Lolss
Misca posted: (14th Dec 2016, 03:18 pm)

There are no spliced tiles to fit in those areas that you are talking about. The only way to get around it is to add the gfx for it (Which I had you crop several in the past), or to use the normal walls, then place the grass as (Top) tiles. The only problem with top tiles is that if you go to walk on top of that section of grass your character will be standing underneath half of the grass because it is reading that tile as a roof/overpass.

@Lolss  It's an improvement on your end. But I agree w/ stava, the stuff on the water does seem out of place (The Atlantis/staircase). Also, keep in mind that in general, cattails appear normally on shore.

http://i.imgur.com/B1xuQQT.png

I just made this using no top tiles, I think it would work fine? :P

http://i.imgur.com/lTGEHLo.png

Played with it a bit more and made the cliffs taller with some variations.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201817 Re: New Map Release By Lolss

1 2 3 4

i declare a map war! :DD

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201821 Re: New Map Release By Lolss
stava posted: (14th Dec 2016, 04:05 pm)

I thought you were referring to : 

Those don't exist in the gfx unless you use top tiles to crop it out. They need to be that triangle shape, which aren't present. I remember when I did a few maps for you I had you crop the existing walls to fix that exact problem.

Edit: And now I see the ones you were referring to. We were both looking at different ones.

Edit 2: And to clarify more, I meant that if you use the single one you would have it work fine, but you would have the elevations differ in height. Your solution kind of works in that sense, but *shrugs*

---
7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201823 Re: New Map Release By Lolss
Misca posted: (15th Dec 2016, 04:02 am)

Those don't exist in the gfx unless you use top tiles to crop it out. They need to be that triangle shape, which aren't present. I remember when I did a few maps for you I had you crop the existing walls to fix that exact problem.

Edit: And now I see the ones you were referring to. We were both looking at different ones.

Edit 2: And to clarify more, I meant that if you use the single one you would have it work fine, but you would have the elevations differ in height. Your solution kind of works in that sense, but *shrugs*

That can be done also!

The issue we had was without water, making such walls connecting to dirt/grass at the bottom, had to make new walls for that and new tile to make it work properly.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201824 Re: New Map Release By Lolss

Cool release !, its good to see someone still working on "EO stuff" for quite a while now.

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #205201 Re: New Map Release By Lolss
stava posted: (15th Dec 2016, 06:13 am)

Misca posted: (15th Dec 2016, 04:02 am)

That can be done also!

The issue we had was without water, making such walls connecting to dirt/grass at the bottom, had to make new walls for that and new tile to make it work properly.

I think that might just work! I definitely want to improve my mapping
2 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #205202 Re: New Map Release By Lolss

Lolss, if you want any help with anything map related, feel free to let me know. I lurk here every few days just to see if anyone still wants help with anything.

---
2 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #205203 Re: New Map Release By Lolss
Misca posted: (28th Jun 2021, 11:21 pm)

Lolss, if you want any help with anything map related, feel free to let me know. I lurk here every few days just to see if anyone still wants help with anything.

Hi, Misca. I know you're a good mapper and I think would be a good asset to my team, or at least just a helper. I have been planning for months to create a better EOSERVER, and have for my whole life dreamed about revolutionizing EOSERVERS and coming out with something no one has ever seen before. I sent you a message with ways to contact me.
2 years, 43 weeks ago
Post #205236 Re: New Map Release By Lolss

Nice

---
~~ When life give you pasta, you eat it ~~
2 years, 20 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > New Map Release By Lolss