EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Why do my quests keep screwing up?
Page: << 1 >>
Why do my quests keep screwing up?
Post #201777 Why do my quests keep screwing up?

Did a very basic, non-detailed noob quest, as noob areas lack quests atm, I can't see a thing wrong with this quest, and I receive nothing in the error log at all, the quest functions, but when I hit tthe first option which is essentially 'yes' , my quest log remains as 'these pests occupy my cave - n/a' rather than 0/20 killed.

main

{

questname  "Eliminate THEM NOW"

version      1.0

}

state begin

{

desc         "These pests occupy my cave"

action       AddNpcText(7, "These spiders have been pestering my home for ages");

action       AddNpcText(7, "Please help me out!");

action       AddNpcInput(7, 1, "... You're a reaper.. but whatever...");

action       AddNpcInput(7, 2, "You're kidding me, right?");

rule         InputNpc( 7 ) goto Gelo

}

state Gelo

{

desc         "Wipe out these Spiders"

action       AddNpcText(7, "Thanks, I'm lazy.");

action       AddNpcText(7, "Kill 20 of these spiders!");

rule         KilledNpcs(524,20) goto Return

}

state Return

{

desc         "Talk to Gelo"

action       AddNpcText(7, "Thanks for the help, but watch out, your soul may be reaped..");

action       AddNpcText(7, "Now I have to pick up the remains, thanks");

rule         TalkedToNpc(7) goto Reward

}

state Reward

{

action  ShowHint("You have been rewarded!");

if Class(1) GiveItem(286,1);

elseif Class(2) GiveItem(286,1);

else GiveItem(286,1);

action          GiveExp(7500)

action  End();

}

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201778 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?

From what I see your problem is here :

Your quest says there is 2 imputs 1 and 2 but your telling the quest that it should move to the next input when option 7 is hit.

The solution for this would be something like :

rule         InputNpc( 1 ) goto Gelo      <----- this is telling the quest that you selected 1 that you do want to do the quest

rule         InputNpc( 2 ) goto lose    <----- this is telling the quest that you selected 2 and that you don't want to do it.

Also you need to add in another state for option 2, I don't see a state that it should lead to..You should add a lose state that tells the player like "Thanks for tying" and resets it.

state  Lose

{

action   AddNpcText(7, "Why won't you help!");

action   Reset();

}

7 years, 20 weeks ago
Post #201781 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?
arglon posted: (13th Dec 2016, 02:38 pm)

Your quest says there is 2 imputs 1 and 2 but your telling the quest that it should move to the next input when option 7 is hit.

rule         InputNpc( 1 ) goto Gelo      <----- this is telling the quest that you selected 1 that you do want to do the quest

rule         InputNpc( 2 ) goto lose    <----- this is telling the quest that you selected 2 and that you don't want to do it.

Also you need to add in another state for option 2, I don't see a state that it should lead to..You should add a lose state that tells the player like "Thanks for tying" and resets it.

state  Lose

{

action   Reset();

}

The problem is.. this quest is just a re-write of the tutorial quest, and the tutorial quest works fine :/

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201782 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?

why my life keep screwing up? because i don't take care of my actions.
So take care of your quest actions and it won't screw up.

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201783 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?
Lucifer's Dog posted: (13th Dec 2016, 05:21 pm)

arglon posted: (13th Dec 2016, 02:38 pm)

state  Lose

{

action   Reset();

}

The problem is.. this quest is just a re-write of the tutorial quest, and the tutorial quest works fine :/

This would happen to me too, I would just change item IDs and some of the text on an already existing quest and for some reason it wouldn't work, sometimes quests that would work on my test server wouldn't work on the actual server etc. I guess it's part of the fun in quest writing, though I didn't find it fun so that's why I haven't wrote a quest since.
7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201787 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?

What I said still applies to that quest and should fix it

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201788 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?

I made a notepad++ plug in that would be really helpful for people new to EO+ quest writing. It features nice tool tip boxes and syntax highlighting. I would highly recommend that over basic notepad writing.

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201789 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?

I'll give all suggestions a thought.

And another things - Why is my server suddenly lagging for people? I've rebooted my internet, I've cleared cache, I've dropped spawn rates and made it so items get removed from maps faster, but no luck whatsoever. Up until a few days ago I was running at 3-30 ms, and most other people 40-120. Now they're 150+ always.

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Post #201790 Re: Why do my quests keep screwing up?

GiveExp in reward state is missing a semi colon at the end of the line.

Also I made a quest writer to help write quests more quickly. I mostly just use it so that I dont have to remember actions/rules and debugging since its a bit like notepad where you can go to a specific line

7 years, 19 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > EO Server Building > Why do my quests keep screwing up?