EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Editing Monster Transparency
Page: << 1 >>
Editing Monster Transparency
Post #201750 Editing Monster Transparency

hi is it possible to edit the transparency of monsters?

for example if I wanted piggies to be like wraiths, is there a way to do this? and vice versa?

I know how to edit the gfx but if I put wraith gfx to replace a piggie it will be opaque 100% :(

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201751 Re: Editing Monster Transparency

Everything about NPC's is hard-coded. The default size and alignmeny is the same as crows and rats and the default transparency is solid. 

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201752 Re: Editing Monster Transparency
Apollo posted: (11th Dec 2016, 07:04 pm)

Everything about NPC's is hard-coded. The default size and alignmeny is the same as crows and rats and the default transparency is solid. 

The word hard-coded gives me a stab in the heart.

Eoserv should really support a custom client , that does not mean it should start one from scratch but at-least support the ones (or maybe one ) near complete , by dedicating a forum for them or adding their download links that could really motivate the creators and they would know that their work is and will be appreciated.
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201753 Re: Editing Monster Transparency
freezingsoul posted: (11th Dec 2016, 09:08 pm)

Eoserv should really support a custom client , that does not mean it should start one from scratch but at-least support the ones (or maybe one ) near complete , by dedicating a forum for them or adding their download links that could really motivate the creators and they would know that their work is and will be appreciated.

There is really nothing EOServ can do about this. The transparency issue is pure client and has nothing to do with what EOServ supports. The only way to solve this is with either a hacked client, an addon or a new client. The latter being the preferred solution. The number one limiting factor of EO has always been the client. As they say: "Watch this space"

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201754 Re: Editing Monster Transparency
Sordie posted: (12th Dec 2016, 01:07 am)

There is really nothing EOServ can do about this. The transparency issue is pure client and has nothing to do with what EOServ supports. The only way to solve this is with either a hacked client, an addon or a new client. The latter being the preferred solution. The number one limiting factor of EO has always been the client. As they say: "Watch this space"

Woops you got me wrong by eoserv i meant eoserv.net 

the same way "eoserv.net" supported seose , it should support this 

https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient

This is more than two years of work and it's still in progress.

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201755 Re: Editing Monster Transparency

I found this in the sticky rules for the Client Editing sub forum:

What belongs here?

• Discussion about reverse engineering the EO client or its data files.
  • EO client replacement projects and discussions about it.

I am not sure eoserv.net being an "it" can officially support anything, but the community is more than welcome to. I think the biggest factor here is that several clients have been started and no one is close to done. Tbh, I don't think one will get done anytime soon. Hell idk, I could get all jelly if Sausage gets more progress than I have and just rage finish my client, but then he would go all pro and make a better client. Anyway, the community and the eoserv.net staff, I am certain, supports all client development projects.

7 years, 21 weeks ago
Post #201764 Re: Editing Monster Transparency
freezingsoul posted: (12th Dec 2016, 01:16 am)

Sordie posted: (12th Dec 2016, 01:07 am)

Woops you got me wrong by eoserv i meant eoserv.net 

the same way "eoserv.net" supported seose , it should support this 

https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient

This is more than two years of work and it's still in progress.

If I had kept working on the old code base, it would probably be close to completed right now. I had a very short todo list for official features. But it wouldn't have been at all maintainable or expandable, which kind of defeats the point of an open source client. I wanted to be able to write an expandable botting framework, but couldn't, because the code I wrote was very tightly coupled and couldn't be easily turned into components. The rewrite is coming along, but very slowly, since I'm being much more careful about keeping it clean.

Either way, I don't think support from the community would make much of a difference. I'm only one person and I have a job (and video games and netflix :-/) to distract me. So I work on it in my free time since it isn't my highest priority. Anyone is of course welcome to submit pull requests if they want to contribute, but I have pretty high standards for myself and I'm going to hold other peoples code to that same standard.

Back on topic: my client uses standard alpha blending for the NPCs and converts the almost black pixel (0x080808) to transparent for all GFX. I thought the original client did this as well, so that replacing "transparent" pixels with a color value of 0x080808 would show as transparent, but I haven't actually tried it.

---
class EOSERV {
Programmer | Oldbie
Open source EO Client: https://github.com/ethanmoffat/EndlessClient
};
7 years, 21 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Editing Monster Transparency