EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > when is the drama going to end?
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
when is the drama going to end?
Post #201618 Re: when is the drama going to end?

I cant believe saber has ignored me for this long.

I feel neglected.

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201619 Re: when is the drama going to end?
elevations posted: (1st Dec 2016, 08:31 pm)

Saber posted: (1st Dec 2016, 07:09 pm)

elevations posted: (1st Dec 2016, 06:47 pm)

Sausage posted: (1st Dec 2016, 12:52 pm)

Not sure what rules there's an issue with but I'll go through all of them.

• Automating or circumventing technical restrictions of the game for your advantage, or to be disruptive, this includes:

Note this part specifically specifies "for your own advantage" or "to be disruptive" for the next few rules. Generally if it's not disrupting or affecting the game for other people, it's not a problem. Also almost all of them require going out of your way to circumvent a technical restriction (ones that have always existed in EO), so you can't generally do these by accident.

• Using bots to train your character, create large numbers of accounts, spam/advertise, etc.

Botting is a contentious one, but if your fetish is for progressing in a game without playing it, go play cookie clicker. Botting devalues the work of people who want to actually put effort in and play, clogs up training areas for humans who want to use them, and is just a waste of resources to host dozens of alt characters all botting. Vult surely would have done more to combat botting if EO was still being properly worked on at the time daily kill caps etc. were implemented, which you might remember was a terrible feature that the clone lacks in exchange for actually removing bots.

• Playing on more than two characters at a time.

Only really an issue if you're using those characters to fill up the server / maps and be disruptive. I don't think there's many people who would play on more than two characters at a time even if it was allowed.

• Bypassing chat or trade flood restrictions in order to annoy other players or spam the chat. Spam is roughly judged to be filling the entire chat box in a few seconds, repeating the same/similar phrase repeately, or sending long messages of garbage (e.g. @@@@@@@).

Obviously this just is annoying. I don't think anyone plays to have their chat box spammed up. Expecting every player in the game to have to ignore you and disable interaction to have a playable experience isn't going to happen. If you want to troll people, at least shit-post with some level of substance. Ideally it wouldn't be possible at all to spam quickly, but the EO protocol doesn't really make doing this cleanly too easy, so a quick-fix would affect too many people who aren't just spamming. Again, if you're bypassing the chat/trade restrictions and not being disruptive, it's not an issue.

• Attempting to cause other players to crash (WWWW-spam or filling a map with items)

Worse than just spamming because this implies victims can't avoid it or are affected extremely negatively. This requires admin enforcement so people can't make the game unplayable for others.

• Threats against the server will not be tolerated. Threatening to crash, hack, DoS, or otherwise attack the server will result in an instant permanent ban.

This is required because, even when people pretend it's a joke, it's pretty much threatened to try get your way. Letting people blackmail the admins in to getting special treatment is bad for everyone.

• Evading bans will result in instant permanent bans every time. If the ban evasion is persistent, we will simply invent better ways to ban you.

Required for any of the above rules to be properly enforced. If people were allowed to just break rules on a new account and be allowed to continue playing on another account, it destroys the point of enforcing rules in the first place.

I guess the default punishment for a lot of things being a permanent ban/jail without appeal might not be ideal, especially since lots of people don't see botting as a big deal and don't expect to wake up to find themselves permanently jailed. I'd like to look in to a system where players get progressively longer sentences, kind of like the forum warning system.

Is this your way of dealing with damage control?

He sure goes about it a lot better than you, you know. No hissy fits, raging in real life, plotting to hack and or fuck over someone, or attacking them personally. That kind of stuff you're known for.

He sure does i mean look at him enforcing those rules, sausage our hero, didn't mean to hit a nerve saber so keep your panties on. and it's not like our perfect hero sausage has ever plotted to hack or attack people personally, no he is our lord and savior.

I never said Sausage was this hero or anyone with a good reputation, but as a person he's at least someone you can talk too or relate too. Unlike yourself who actually goes to excessive methods to actually do all of the above things you've listed and aren't really known for you're actually self as a person but rather what you've done to people. Don't even try get my attention with low tier taunts like ''hit a nerve'', nobody wants to see you get destroyed again by yet another person verbally.

@freezingsoul

You're fucking stupid and have no opinion of your own, and base everything you type on what people tell you. Fuck off with your low tier bait and don't play the game if your autism feels threatened by a program that's literally so easy to use without ever getting caught up in anything like backdoors or whatever you think is out there to get you.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201620 Re: when is the drama going to end?
Saber posted: (1st Dec 2016, 10:14 pm)

• Automating or circumventing technical restrictions of the game for your advantage, or to be disruptive, this includes:

Note this part specifically specifies "for your own advantage" or "to be disruptive" for the next few rules. Generally if it's not disrupting or affecting the game for other people, it's not a problem. Also almost all of them require going out of your way to circumvent a technical restriction (ones that have always existed in EO), so you can't generally do these by accident.

• Using bots to train your character, create large numbers of accounts, spam/advertise, etc.

Botting is a contentious one, but if your fetish is for progressing in a game without playing it, go play cookie clicker. Botting devalues the work of people who want to actually put effort in and play, clogs up training areas for humans who want to use them, and is just a waste of resources to host dozens of alt characters all botting. Vult surely would have done more to combat botting if EO was still being properly worked on at the time daily kill caps etc. were implemented, which you might remember was a terrible feature that the clone lacks in exchange for actually removing bots.

Only really an issue if you're using those characters to fill up the server / maps and be disruptive. I don't think there's many people who would play on more than two characters at a time even if it was allowed.

• Bypassing chat or trade flood restrictions in order to annoy other players or spam the chat. Spam is roughly judged to be filling the entire chat box in a few seconds, repeating the same/similar phrase repeately, or sending long messages of garbage (e.g. @@@@@@@).

Obviously this just is annoying. I don't think anyone plays to have their chat box spammed up. Expecting every player in the game to have to ignore you and disable interaction to have a playable experience isn't going to happen. If you want to troll people, at least shit-post with some level of substance. Ideally it wouldn't be possible at all to spam quickly, but the EO protocol doesn't really make doing this cleanly too easy, so a quick-fix would affect too many people who aren't just spamming. Again, if you're bypassing the chat/trade restrictions and not being disruptive, it's not an issue.

• Attempting to cause other players to crash (WWWW-spam or filling a map with items)

Worse than just spamming because this implies victims can't avoid it or are affected extremely negatively. This requires admin enforcement so people can't make the game unplayable for others.

• Threats against the server will not be tolerated. Threatening to crash, hack, DoS, or otherwise attack the server will result in an instant permanent ban.

This is required because, even when people pretend it's a joke, it's pretty much threatened to try get your way. Letting people blackmail the admins in to getting special treatment is bad for everyone.

• Evading bans will result in instant permanent bans every time. If the ban evasion is persistent, we will simply invent better ways to ban you.

Required for any of the above rules to be properly enforced. If people were allowed to just break rules on a new account and be allowed to continue playing on another account, it destroys the point of enforcing rules in the first place.

I guess the default punishment for a lot of things being a permanent ban/jail without appeal might not be ideal, especially since lots of people don't see botting as a big deal and don't expect to wake up to find themselves permanently jailed. I'd like to look in to a system where players get progressively longer sentences, kind of like the forum warning system.

He sure goes about it a lot better than you, you know. No hissy fits, raging in real life, plotting to hack and or fuck over someone, or attacking them personally. That kind of stuff you're known for.

He sure does i mean look at him enforcing those rules, sausage our hero, didn't mean to hit a nerve saber so keep your panties on. and it's not like our perfect hero sausage has ever plotted to hack or attack people personally, no he is our lord and savior.

I never said Sausage was this hero or anyone with a good reputation, but as a person he's at least someone you can talk too or relate too. Unlike yourself who actually goes to excessive methods to actually do all of the above things you've listed and aren't really known for you're actually self as a person but rather what you've done to people. Don't even try get my attention with low tier taunts like ''hit a nerve'', nobody wants to see you get destroyed again by yet another person verbally.

@freezingsoul

You're fucking stupid and have no opinion of your own, and base everything you type on what people tell you. Fuck off with your low tier bait and don't play the game if your autism feels threatened by a program that's literally so easy to use without ever getting caught up in anything like backdoors or whatever you think is out there to get you.

You're a fucking nuisance. All these years and you still write replies like you're in secondary school.

Edit: for Elevations..

---
The good times are killing me.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201621 Re: when is the drama going to end?
Saber posted: (1st Dec 2016, 10:14 pm)

@freezingsoul

Sausage is somone you can talk too and relate too? Wow Yes sausage our #1 guy hes so relate-able and easy to talk to, mind reminding me exactly what i've done to people? and exactly who these "people" are that your referring to? sounds like you know me better then i know myself, and lolz think you can destroy people with verbal insults and trash talk with nothing to back up your claims, nice try, please try again. You speak like your some kind of oracle that knows everything with words like "you aren't really known for that" oh are you collecting these statistics from some page or just making them up? who are you to say who is known for what, far as I'm aware i'm known for FE best #1 private server and has been for years, but hey feel free to burst my bubble. Go back to the depths of treos where you belong you insiginifcant little troll i doubt anyone will take you seriously or ever has. Calls me out on several things then proceeds to call freezing "Stupid and has no opinions" your really showing people "what you are known for" saber.

Your just another EO loser with so much salt up your bum hole that you can't wipe it anymore and think your opinion matters or like you can tell others here to fuck off, no you fuck off.
---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201624 Re: when is the drama going to end?
elevations posted: (1st Dec 2016, 11:37 pm)

Your just another EO loser

you're one to talk lol
---
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201626 Re: when is the drama going to end?

Well, great thread. Locking it because the OP is actually just looking to complain about getting banned or something, and it's devolving in to monkeys flinging poo at each-other. eoserv.net is not the ban appeal forum for the main clone.

7 years, 18 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > when is the drama going to end?