EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > when is the drama going to end?
Topic is locked.
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
when is the drama going to end?
Post #201585 Re: when is the drama going to end?
Haze posted: (30th Nov 2016, 05:11 pm)

freezingsoul posted: (30th Nov 2016, 02:59 pm)

Sausage posted: (30th Nov 2016, 11:01 am)

I don't see any drama outside of the giant word soup that is your post.

The official software is out there and works fine, but it's so terrible and inflexible that there's no good reason to use it. There's nothing about playing on EOSERV that makes the game feel any less authentic other than a few quality of life things like ghosting NPCs, not getting disconnected for random reasons, and not being able to abuse so many broken things.

I'm not sure what's with my shadow-liver's obsession in making a second clone when it's minus the last 16 months of people's progress on the de-facto accepted "official" server, probably $1000s behind in transactions people have made, plus every account's password being pretty much public knowledge. There's a reason most accounts on the clone are locked. The entire process was time-sensitive to catch the players left behind when EO closed, and has no reason to be repeated.

About the font, I m using a cellular I did not know it would end like that.

Imagine that there's no sausage = no dupes = no database wiping out .I wonder where would eo be now if your eohax was not there.

Now you are acting bossy on people as if you own them , matter fact you do owe them a lot. I know the past is gone but now at least make people feel that they are in their old home when they play your clone. Remove the stupid rules and stop banning people permently. Remove the current moderators and hire new ones if you want.

u sound so entitled. sausage doesn't owe u shit.

I would blame the bots more than the dupes. Vult thought of several ways to defeat the bots but said that it would be more of a nuisance to the actual players.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201586 Re: when is the drama going to end?

Imagine that there's no sausage = no dupes = no database wiping out .I wonder where would eo be now if your eohax was not there.

Now you are acting bossy on people as if you own them , matter fact you do owe them a lot. I know the past is gone but now at least make people feel that they are in their old home when they play your clone. Remove the stupid rules and stop banning people permently. Remove the current moderators and hire new ones if you want.

Nothing you've said has any substance or backing and for this reason I (and I'm sure others) am having a little trouble seeing your point of view. Maybe you could help by filling me in on a few points from your previous post:

1. Sausage isn't solely responsible for all dupes. I believe he actually informed Vult of them. Which dupe do you feel did the most damage to EO?
  2. Sausage is in no way responsible for the database ever being wiped. To which wipe are you referring?
  3. Which "stupid rules" on clone do you not agree with and why?
  4. Who was permanently banned from clone and how does this affect you?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201587 Re: when is the drama going to end?

Sausage posted: (30th Nov 2016, 11:01 am)

I don't see any drama outside of the giant word soup that is your post.

The official software is out there and works fine, but it's so terrible and inflexible that there's no good reason to use it. There's nothing about playing on EOSERV that makes the game feel any less authentic other than a few quality of life things like ghosting NPCs, not getting disconnected for random reasons, and not being able to abuse so many broken things.

I'm not sure what's with my shadow-liver's obsession in making a second clone when it's minus the last 16 months of people's progress on the de-facto accepted "official" server, probably $1000s behind in transactions people have made, plus every account's password being pretty much public knowledge. There's a reason most accounts on the clone are locked. The entire process was time-sensitive to catch the players left behind when EO closed, and has no reason to be repeated.

About the font, I m using a cellular I did not know it would end like that.

The year's almost over so nominating this post for the most autistic one this year.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201590 Re: when is the drama going to end?

Wow my boobs look awesome in this shirt.

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201592 Re: when is the drama going to end?
Sordie posted: (30th Nov 2016, 07:06 pm)

Nothing you've said has any substance or backing and for this reason I (and I'm sure others) am having a little trouble seeing your point of view. Maybe you could help by filling me in on a few points from your previous post:

1. Sausage isn't solely responsible for all dupes. I believe he actually informed Vult of them. Which dupe do you feel did the most damage to EO?
  2. Sausage is in no way responsible for the database ever being wiped. To which wipe are you referring?

Thanks.

Sordie posted: (30th Nov 2016, 07:06 pm)

freezingsoul posted: (30th Nov 2016, 02:59 pm)

Thanks.

(1,2)
I may have gone too far while trying to blame sausage for endless online's destruction, maybe he did bad things to eo but after all it was the creators fault that they didn't react to it.

Now why am i talking specifically about sausage while there are other people also to blame, simply because he's in a position where he's capable of  making decisions and retrieving our game.

(3,4)
The why the mods react to things makes you think that you are in a private server , they lack the charisma that the old admins used to have.For example people used to beg admins to jail/wall/ban them but they did nothing. Now "Sordie please ban me for 2 weeks " --> "here you go ,a permanent ban".

I believe in the fact that people should be only punished for doing things that violates the server's security or the game's fairness.(Not for just spamming....)

It's ironic how i criticized drama and all i have wrote part of me knows it's just drama , this game really touched me not just because of the charm it had but also because i used to play in some days when life was not rough for me.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201597 Re: when is the drama going to end?
freezingsoul posted: (30th Nov 2016, 09:46 pm)

Thanks.

Thanks.

(1,2)
I may have gone too far while trying to blame sausage for endless online's destruction, maybe he did bad things to eo but after all it was the creators fault that they didn't react to it.

Now why am i talking specifically about sausage while there are other people also to blame, simply because he's in a position where he's capable of  making decisions and retrieving our game.

(3,4)
The why the mods react to things makes you think that you are in a private server , they lack the charisma that the old admins used to have.For example people used to beg admins to jail/wall/ban them but they did nothing. Now "Sordie please ban me for 2 weeks " --> "here you go ,a permanent ban".

I believe in the fact that people should be only punished for doing things that violates the server's security or the game's fairness.(Not for just spamming....)

It's ironic how i criticized drama and all i have wrote part of me knows it's just drama , this game really touched me not just because of the charm it had but also because i used to play in some days when life was not rough for me.

So you've retracted from 1 and 2. You've realised that far from EO's downfall, Sausage has actually done more to keep EO alive than any of the "old admins"

As for 3. Still no answered question. What "stupid rules" are you against? 

And 4. I have only ever perma IP banned 4 people and this has never been on a whim or "plz ban me" request.  I would never ban forever for just a threat, even though the rules say I should. So again, who is IP banned that you disagree with?

Still having trouble why you seem so upset about clone but I really want to resolve this. I'm here to help.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201598 Re: when is the drama going to end?
Sordie posted: (1st Dec 2016, 04:18 am)

freezingsoul posted: (30th Nov 2016, 09:46 pm)

Thanks.

Thanks.

(1,2)

(3,4)

So you've retracted from 1 and 2. You've realised that far from EO's downfall, Sausage has actually done more to keep EO alive than any of the "old admins"

As for 3. Still no answered question. What "stupid rules" are you against? 

And 4. I have only ever perma IP banned 4 people and this has never been on a whim or "plz ban me" request.  I would never ban forever for just a threat, even though the rules say I should. So again, who is IP banned that you disagree with?

Still having trouble why you seem so upset about clone but I really want to resolve this. I'm here to help.

It's not about a speific rule it's about the way you apply these rules For example 

-silent punishing ( without announcement ) is something I find very unfair .

I have a feeling that you haves replyed just because I said clone's moderators were bad , anyway I'm gonna try.

The rest will be via pm if you really wanna help.

7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201599 Re: when is the drama going to end?

So i see Eo hasn't changed at all since ive last been here.

Wow.

---
Insomniac:I like how in the lounges forum description sausage says "Bitches go crazy." and that's
exactly what you do!
Pixel artist | Mapping artist | Alternative artist | Heavenly Karma | oldbie | top 50  |
Attention whore | main player |
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201601 Re: when is the drama going to end?

Not sure what rules there's an issue with but I'll go through all of them.

• Automating or circumventing technical restrictions of the game for your advantage, or to be disruptive, this includes:

Note this part specifically specifies "for your own advantage" or "to be disruptive" for the next few rules. Generally if it's not disrupting or affecting the game for other people, it's not a problem. Also almost all of them require going out of your way to circumvent a technical restriction (ones that have always existed in EO), so you can't generally do these by accident.

• Using bots to train your character, create large numbers of accounts, spam/advertise, etc.

Botting is a contentious one, but if your fetish is for progressing in a game without playing it, go play cookie clicker. Botting devalues the work of people who want to actually put effort in and play, clogs up training areas for humans who want to use them, and is just a waste of resources to host dozens of alt characters all botting. Vult surely would have done more to combat botting if EO was still being properly worked on at the time daily kill caps etc. were implemented, which you might remember was a terrible feature that the clone lacks in exchange for actually removing bots.

• Playing on more than two characters at a time.

Only really an issue if you're using those characters to fill up the server / maps and be disruptive. I don't think there's many people who would play on more than two characters at a time even if it was allowed.

• Bypassing chat or trade flood restrictions in order to annoy other players or spam the chat. Spam is roughly judged to be filling the entire chat box in a few seconds, repeating the same/similar phrase repeately, or sending long messages of garbage (e.g. @@@@@@@).

Obviously this just is annoying. I don't think anyone plays to have their chat box spammed up. Expecting every player in the game to have to ignore you and disable interaction to have a playable experience isn't going to happen. If you want to troll people, at least shit-post with some level of substance. Ideally it wouldn't be possible at all to spam quickly, but the EO protocol doesn't really make doing this cleanly too easy, so a quick-fix would affect too many people who aren't just spamming. Again, if you're bypassing the chat/trade restrictions and not being disruptive, it's not an issue.

• Attempting to cause other players to crash (WWWW-spam or filling a map with items)

Worse than just spamming because this implies victims can't avoid it or are affected extremely negatively. This requires admin enforcement so people can't make the game unplayable for others.

• Threats against the server will not be tolerated. Threatening to crash, hack, DoS, or otherwise attack the server will result in an instant permanent ban.

This is required because, even when people pretend it's a joke, it's pretty much threatened to try get your way. Letting people blackmail the admins in to getting special treatment is bad for everyone.

• Evading bans will result in instant permanent bans every time. If the ban evasion is persistent, we will simply invent better ways to ban you.

Required for any of the above rules to be properly enforced. If people were allowed to just break rules on a new account and be allowed to continue playing on another account, it destroys the point of enforcing rules in the first place.

I guess the default punishment for a lot of things being a permanent ban/jail without appeal might not be ideal, especially since lots of people don't see botting as a big deal and don't expect to wake up to find themselves permanently jailed. I'd like to look in to a system where players get progressively longer sentences, kind of like the forum warning system.

7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201603 Re: when is the drama going to end?
Sausage posted: (1st Dec 2016, 12:52 pm)

• Automating or circumventing technical restrictions of the game for your advantage, or to be disruptive, this includes:

Note this part specifically specifies "for your own advantage" or "to be disruptive" for the next few rules. Generally if it's not disrupting or affecting the game for other people, it's not a problem. Also almost all of them require going out of your way to circumvent a technical restriction (ones that have always existed in EO), so you can't generally do these by accident.

• Using bots to train your character, create large numbers of accounts, spam/advertise, etc.

Botting is a contentious one, but if your fetish is for progressing in a game without playing it, go play cookie clicker. Botting devalues the work of people who want to actually put effort in and play, clogs up training areas for humans who want to use them, and is just a waste of resources to host dozens of alt characters all botting. Vult surely would have done more to combat botting if EO was still being properly worked on at the time daily kill caps etc. were implemented, which you might remember was a terrible feature that the clone lacks in exchange for actually removing bots.

Only really an issue if you're using those characters to fill up the server / maps and be disruptive. I don't think there's many people who would play on more than two characters at a time even if it was allowed.

• Bypassing chat or trade flood restrictions in order to annoy other players or spam the chat. Spam is roughly judged to be filling the entire chat box in a few seconds, repeating the same/similar phrase repeately, or sending long messages of garbage (e.g. @@@@@@@).

Obviously this just is annoying. I don't think anyone plays to have their chat box spammed up. Expecting every player in the game to have to ignore you and disable interaction to have a playable experience isn't going to happen. If you want to troll people, at least shit-post with some level of substance. Ideally it wouldn't be possible at all to spam quickly, but the EO protocol doesn't really make doing this cleanly too easy, so a quick-fix would affect too many people who aren't just spamming. Again, if you're bypassing the chat/trade restrictions and not being disruptive, it's not an issue.

• Attempting to cause other players to crash (WWWW-spam or filling a map with items)

Worse than just spamming because this implies victims can't avoid it or are affected extremely negatively. This requires admin enforcement so people can't make the game unplayable for others.

• Threats against the server will not be tolerated. Threatening to crash, hack, DoS, or otherwise attack the server will result in an instant permanent ban.

This is required because, even when people pretend it's a joke, it's pretty much threatened to try get your way. Letting people blackmail the admins in to getting special treatment is bad for everyone.

• Evading bans will result in instant permanent bans every time. If the ban evasion is persistent, we will simply invent better ways to ban you.

Required for any of the above rules to be properly enforced. If people were allowed to just break rules on a new account and be allowed to continue playing on another account, it destroys the point of enforcing rules in the first place.

I guess the default punishment for a lot of things being a permanent ban/jail without appeal might not be ideal, especially since lots of people don't see botting as a big deal and don't expect to wake up to find themselves permanently jailed. I'd like to look in to a system where players get progressively longer sentences, kind of like the forum warning system.

" I'd like to look in to a system where players get progressively longer sentences" That is a good idea you could possibly store it like items and spells in the database'TEXT offenses' spam,0;auto,0;language,0; and 'int jail_timer' possibly int 'jailed' and make the jail command $jail name spam  $jail name auto $jail name time. The sentences could be configurable

##SpamSentence(int minutes)
#The amount in minutes a character will be jailed for spamming.
#The sentence will be multiplied by the amount of prior spamming offenses.
SpamSentence = 60

Releasing them at the end isnt to much code I just made a configurable map,x,y when the sentence timer expires but I think spawning them on there spawn map would be even less code and just as effective.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201606 Re: when is the drama going to end?

Is this your way of dealing with damage control?
---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201607 Re: when is the drama going to end?
elevations posted: (1st Dec 2016, 06:47 pm)

He sure goes about it a lot better than you, you know. No hissy fits, raging in real life, plotting to hack and or fuck over someone, or attacking them personally. That kind of stuff you're known for.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201615 Re: when is the drama going to end?
Saber posted: (1st Dec 2016, 07:09 pm)

He sure goes about it a lot better than you, you know. No hissy fits, raging in real life, plotting to hack and or fuck over someone, or attacking them personally. That kind of stuff you're known for.

He sure does i mean look at him enforcing those rules, sausage our hero, didn't mean to hit a nerve saber so keep your panties on. and it's not like our perfect hero sausage has ever plotted to hack or attack people personally, no he is our lord and savior.
---
https://www.fallen-evolution.com
https://www.fallen-evolution.com/discord
https://eosource.net
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201616 Re: when is the drama going to end?
elevations posted: (1st Dec 2016, 08:31 pm)

Saber posted: (1st Dec 2016, 07:09 pm)

He sure does i mean look at him enforcing those rules, sausage our hero, didn't mean to hit a nerve saber so keep your panties on. and it's not like our perfect hero sausage has ever plotted to hack or attack people personally, no he is our lord and savior.

Most people here are closed-minded enough to not even try to think about it.

@Saber : Very single tool/hack released for endless online had malicious content ranging from backdoors to rats/botnet . That's what you get when power hungry geeks get some education they seek for revenge. Nobody yet admitted anything about their past.

I met two endless online old players which were sausage's and sordie's friends , when i asked them why they don't play private servers , they responded that sausage and sordie put backdoors in them (despite the fact that they were stupid enough to not know the difference between a server and a client ) , but the point here is that even their friends don't trust them.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Post #201617 Re: when is the drama going to end?

Sound like you're just causing more drama lol

---
stay tuned.
7 years, 18 weeks ago
Page: << 1 2 3 >>
Topic is locked.
EOSERV Forum > Lounge 2.0 > when is the drama going to end?