EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Config for owners to easily change client title?
Page: << 1 >>
Config for owners to easily change client title?
Post #201506 Config for owners to easily change client title?

Is it possible for anyone to make this? It would be cool to have a config where you could edit the game credits, game title, and even the icon of the game without having to use resource hacker or similar tools.

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201511 Re: Config for owners to easily change client title?

It's called a hex editor.

Edit: the icon will require a separate tool to be replaced. 

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201513 Re: Config for owners to easily change client title?
Apollo posted: (18th Nov 2016, 03:59 pm)

It's called a hex editor.

Edit: the icon will require a separate tool to be replaced. 

I meant something incredibly simple. Like a config with things like
Game Name = "Endless Online"
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201514 Re: Config for owners to easily change client title?

Anyone using EO.Addons with things like EOBandwidth will get the title changed back to "Endless Online" when it updates no matter how you edit the client. Sorry. That's bad programming on my part XD

You want to edit the icon resource without using a resource editor?... *Edit a Resource* without a *Resource Editor*? I'm not sure what you want exactly.

It's possible to make the client skip the verification of edited credits but I'm totally against changing the credits on someone else's software and will not be releasing how it's done.

---
http://sordie.co.uk
http://twitter.com/@SordieEO
7 years, 25 weeks ago
Post #201516 Re: Config for owners to easily change client title?

Gotta agree with Sordie somewhat. The credits definitely should be left alone. As far as the other things like the title bar and icon I really don't see an issue as most people are overwriting everything else including the title screen. I feel like even if you program a client ground up, unless it is cleaned of everything EO, Vult-r still should be credited as well as anyone that has contributed artistic works including original staff works. After all, Endless Online was a game that thousands of players enjoyed and that should be respected in its own right.

7 years, 25 weeks ago
Page: << 1 >>

EOSERV Forum > Client Editing > Config for owners to easily change client title?